SBI PO 2019: The State Bank of India is the largest Government Bank in India which has its branches throughout India and abroad also. Hence, it requires a huge strength of manpower to run the organization smoothly in a best public-friendly manner. The State Bank of India conducts an entrance test for recruiting Probationary Officer in its branches all over India. The SBI PO exam is completed in two stages i.e. Preliminary Exam and Main Exam. Candidates can appear in the main exam only after qualifying the preliminary exam. The selection process comprises a Written Exam followed by Group Discussion and Interview.
Every year, a huge number of applicants seeking Bank PO jobs appear in the SBI PO exam for a certain number of vacancies. Therefore, it becomes tough to crack the exam with higher rank. We recommend the aspirants to collect proper information about the exam including examination pattern, syllabus and selection process etc. Those who are willing to appear in the upcoming SBI PO 2019 exam can find here relevant information such as SBI PO 2019 application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus etc. Aspirants must apply within the prescribed time limit to avoid last hour rush.
SBI PO 2019 Recruitment Notification
- The SBI PO Notification 2019 has not been released yet. After the release of the notification, information will be updated here.
- Candidates have to apply online on the official website within the prescribed time frame.
- The SBI PO 2019 application form is expected to be available online from the month of April 2019. The registration process may close in the month of May 2019. Click here to check application form details.
- Eligible candidates must start the preparation for the exam well in advance keeping in mind the date of the exam. Check here preparation tips.
SBI PO 2019 Recruitment: Quick Overview
|Exam Name||SBI PO (State Bank of India Probationary Officer)|
|Exam Conducting Authority||State Bank of India|
|Post Name||Probationary Officer|
|Level of the Exam||All India Level|
|Number of Vacancies||Will update later|
|Registration process will start from||April 2019|
|Closing date of registration||May 2019|
|Registration Fee||Rs.600/-(UR) & Rs.100/-(R)|
|Date of Preliminary Exam||July 2019|
|Main Exam Date||August 2019|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Exam, Main Exam & Interview/ Group Discussion|
SBI PO 2019 Important Dates
Aspirants can find tentative examination schedule for SBI PO 2019 recruitment exam here in the table below. The actual dates will be updated soon after the release of official notification. Check the following dates and start your preparation accordingly:
|SBI PO 2019 Exam Event||Dates (Tentative)|
|Online registration process will commence from||April 2019|
|Last date for online registration||May 2019|
|Application Fee/Intimation charges can be paid||April 2019|
|Call letter for the preliminary exam will be available from||June 2019|
|Preliminary exam date||July 2019|
|Result of the preliminary exam||July 2019|
|Admit card for the main exam||July 2019|
|Main exam will be conducted on||August 2019|
|Main exam result will be declared on||August 2019|
|Call letter for interview||September 2019|
|Group exercise and Interview||October 2019|
|The final result will be announced||November 2019|
SBI PO 2019: Vacancies Details
The number of Vacancy for SBI PO 2019 exam has not been announced yet as the official notification is yet to be released. The vacancy details will be updated soon after the release of the notification. Category wise vacancies will be updated the table below:
|General||Will be updated soon|
|SC||Will be updated soon|
|ST||Will be updated soon|
|OBC||Will be updated soon|
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2019
The applicants before submitting application form SBI PO 2019 exam must ensure their eligibility to appear in the exam. We recommend you that go through SBI PO Recruitment 2019 notification before proceeding for applying online. However, candidates can check here crucial information on SBI PO eligibility criteria 2019 below:
- An Indian citizen can apply.
- The applicant’s age must be within 21 to 30 years as on 1st April 2019.
- Age relaxation will be applicable to the reserved category candidates as per the prescribed rules which are as below:
|Category of the Candidates||Age relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 Years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons With Disabilities (PWD)||PWD (SC/ST)- 15 Years,
PWD (OBC)- 13 Years,
PWD (Gen)- 10 Years
|Ex-Servicemen (Army Personnel)||5 Years|
|Candidates belonging to Jammu & Kashmir State from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 Years|
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Those who are appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam can also apply.
Attempts Limit for SBI PO Exam
There are restrictions on attempts for SBI PO recruitment exam, it means the applicant has to qualify the entrance test within the specified attempt limit. Attempt limit varies from one category to another, which is given below:
|Candidate’s Category||Attempts Limit|
|PWD candidates (General Category)||7|
|OBC & OBC (PWD) category||7|
|SC/ST candidates||No Limit|
SBI PO 2019 Application Form
The SBI PO online application form will be available at the official website i.e. www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in. The candidates have to apply online at the official website of the SBI. Check the following guidelines with regard to SBI PO Application Form 2019:
- Everyone who is going to submit SBI PO application form must verify the eligibility before applying online.
- Candidate should own a valid e-mail ID and mobile number for online registration.
- Visit the official website and go for SBI PO 2019 registration link and enter the details asked therein.
- On successful registration, candidates will receive registration ID and password on registered e-mail ID.
- Now fill the application form part and provide personal information, educational qualification details and address for correspondence etc.
- Be careful while making entries in the application form.
- Candidates have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in the given specifications and format.
- Also, pay the prescribed application fee to complete the application form.
- Payment of application fee can be done using net banking, credit card/debit card.
- At the end after making payment, submit the application form and take the printout of the application form.
- Candidates are recommended to keep the printout of the application form safe for future reference as it may require later.
The payment of application fee is a mandatory requirement to complete the SBI PO registration process. Candidates can pay the registration fee through net banking, credit card & debit card. It is very important to mention here that the application fee is non-refundable in nature hence any request to refund the money will not be entertained by the authority. The candidates can check the fee structure as under:
General & OBC category candidates- Rs.600/-
SC/ST/PWD category candidates- Rs.100/-
Specification of Scanned Images
The candidates are recommended to check the specification prescribed for the scanned images including photograph, signature and left thumb impression before uploading the same. Check the following information with regard to the image specifications:
- Photograph: The photograph of the applicant should be recently taken and it should have a clear background. The dimension of the image must be 200 X 230 and the size of the image must be within 20 to 50 KB.
- Signature & Left-Hand Thumb Impression: The candidates should use black/blue ball point pen for making the signature on white paper. Also, use blue/black ink for thumb impression on white paper. Now scan both signature and left-hand thumb impression. Remember, the dimension of the images should be 140 X 60 and size should be within 10 to 20 KB.
Note: All the images should be in JPEG format. Signature of the candidates should be in own running handwriting. Any mismatch in signature and thumb impression may cost you later. Hence, be careful while uploading the documents.
SBI PO 2019 Exam Pattern
As stated above, the SBI PO exam will consist of Preliminary Exam, Main Exam followed by Group Discussion and Interview. Candidates must be conversant with the examination pattern and scheme of the exam. Check highlights of the SBI PO Exam Pattern below:
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- The SBI PO Preliminary Exam is an online entrance test.
- The duration of the preliminary exam will be one hour.
- Total 100 objective type questions will be asked therein.
- Paper will be divided into 3 sections as Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and English Language.
- Each question will carry 1 mark. On every wrong response, there will be negative marking of 1/4th marks.
|Paper Section||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
Main Examination Pattern
- The SBI PO Main Exam comprises objective type questions as well as descriptive type questions.
- SBI PO Main will be held through online mode also.
- The duration of objective type test will be 3.00 hours while descriptive test will be of 30 minutes.
- Objective type test will contain four sections as General Knowledge, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Economy/Banking Awareness and English Language.
- Negative marking is applicable for objective type test. 1/4th marks will be deducted for the wrong attempt.
- Objective test will be of 200 marks and descriptive test will be of 50 marks.
|Paper Sections||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
The Descriptive Test is the test of candidate’s command on the English language. The test will contain two questions on Letter Writing and Essay Writing. There is no negative marking in this test but candidates must qualify this section.
SBI PO Preparation Tips
The candidates should make a preparation plan to qualify the exam as it is one of the toughest recruitment exams. Lakhs of applicants appear in this exam each year hence without having a proper preparation plan it would be difficult to qualify the test. Here we are sharing our views on the preparation of the SBI PO exam below:
- The candidates should be aware of the SBI PO selections process.
- Then collect proper information about the selection process including the Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview & Group Discussion.
- Candidates are recommended to prepare a time schedule for routine study.
- Assign significant time to each section and focus on important topics.
- Collect previous year questions papers and sample papers and solve them frequently to speed up your practice.
- It will also help you to under the difficulty level of questions, syllabus and important topics.
- You can buy some good books specially meant for SBI PO exam.
- Physical and mental fitness is also important hence take care of your health.
- One thing you must understand that there is no shortcut to qualify SBI PO exam. Only routine study, hard practice in the right direction can help you during the test.
SBI PO 2019 Syllabus
The candidates can check syllabus of SBI PO 2019 exam hereinbelow. We recommend aspirants to also obtain official information bulletin for more details regarding SBI PO Syllabus. You can prepare for the exam as per the following information:
General/Banking Knowledge & Current Affairs
Economic/Financial News, Budget and Five Year Plans, Banking & Financial Awareness, Current Affairs (National and International), Who’s Who, Popular Books and their authors, Abbreviations, Sports News, Awards and Honours, Science, Inventions and Discoveries, Important Days, International and National Events.
Quantitative Aptitude & Data Analysis/Interpretation
Simplification, Percentage, Number Series, Profit and Loss, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Time and distance, Time and Work, Average Ratio and Proportion, Ages, Quadratic Equations, Pipes and Cisterns, Partnership, Speed, Boats and Streams, Permutation and Combination, Mixture and Allegation, Problems on Trains, Probability, Data Analysis/Data Interpretation (Mix DI, Table Graph, Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Probability, Line Graph, Language DI), Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency, Inequality, Volume and Area.
Coding-Decoding, Direction and Distance, Blood Relation, Data Sufficiency, Order and Ranking, Sitting Arrangement, Puzzle, Machine Input, Inequality, Statement & Course of Action, Syllogism, Input & Output, Alphabetical and Miscellaneous Series, Diagram, Inference, Statements & Assumptions.
History of Computers, Windows Operating System, Input and Output Devices, Internet terms and services, Networking and communication, Hardware and Software, MS-Office (MS-Excel, MS-word, MS-PowerPoint), Database Management System, Computer Abbreviations, Modern Day Technology, Security and Viruses, Logic Gates, Hacking, Computer Shorty Keys.
Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Spotting Errors, Fill in the blanks, Sentence Rearrangement, Deriving Conclusions, Correcting Miss Spelt & Inappropriate Words, Paragraph Completion, Active Voice, Passive Voice, Antonyms, Synonyms, Jumbled Sentences, Grammar Correction, Preposition, Idioms & Phrases.
SBI PO Descriptive Type Test
Apart from the above key topics of the objective type test, the candidates have to attend descriptive type test consisting of following topics:
- Letter Writing: Letter to Government official/ Bank Managers/Head of the Institutions, Letter to Friends, Relatives etc.
- Essay Writing: Indian Banking System, Budget, Indian Economy, Financial Inclusion, Right to Education, Indian Constitution, Any topic of social impact.
Best Books for Preparation of SBI PO 2019
The aspirants must collect some important books for preparation of the SBI PO exam. Here you can check the name of some important books along with the name of the author in the table below:
|Name of the Book||Author|
|Magical Book On Quicker Maths||M Tyra|
|Quantitative Aptitude Test||N. K. Singh|
|Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examinations||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Reasoning Ability Part|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal and Non- Verbal||Indu Sijwal, BS Sijwali|
|The Hand on Guide to Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning||Peeyush Bhardwaj|
|A Modern Approach To Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning||R. S. Aggarwal|
|Objective English for Competitive Examinations||Hari Mohan Prasad, Uma Rani Sinha|
|General English||R. S. Aggarwal, Vikas Aggarwal|
|Objective English||Edgar Thorpe|
SBI PO Recruitment 2019: FAQs
Here candidates can check some important questions which are frequently asked by the SBI PO aspirants:
Q1: Is there any offline mode for applying to SBI PO 2019?
A: No there is no offline mode. Candidates have to apply online on the official website.
Q2: Sir I belong to SC category and my age is 33 years, can I apply for SBI PO?
A: The upper age limit is 30 years but SC candidates are eligible to get 5-year relaxation in upper age limit. Hence, you can apply.
Q3: I am pursuing B.Sc. and going to appear in final year exam. Can I apply?
A: Yes you can apply. However, you must pass the exam and should meet all the requirements.
Q4: What should be the minimum qualifying marks in the Graduation?
A: There is no minimum percentage required in the graduation. Any graduate can apply.
Q5: How to know SBI PO syllabus 2019?
A: Candidates should obtain official notification for detailed syllabus and also purchase sample paper books to the syllabus. Previous year papers are also helpful to know the syllabus.
Q6: Which is the best book for preparation of the SBI PO exam?
A: There is no specific book which guarantees 100% success. Candidates should prepare from various sources such as previous year questions paper, sample paper books and internet etc.
Q7: How to obtain admit card?
A: The admit card will be available online on the official website. Candidates have to download the same from the website.
Q8: How much score is required to qualify the SBI PO exam?
A: It is not fixed, candidates have to put best efforts as each year cut off marks differs due to the number of applicants, vacancy, difficulty level of exam etc. Hence, focus on preparation and try to achieve the maximum score.
SBI PO Admit Card 2019
The SBI PO 2019 admit card or hall ticket 2019 will be issued via online mode. it will be available on the official website of the SBI. It will be available at two or three weeks prior to the examination. Registered candidates can easily download the admit card by entering registration number and date of birth in the respective field on the website.
No hard copy of the admit card will be sent to anyone. After downloading the admit card, candidates should take the printout of the same. The admit card will contain crucial information like name of the candidate, date of exam, venue of the exam and instructions for candidates.
If anyone finds the discrepancy in the admit card then he/she should report it to the competent authority within the specified time limit. Candidates are recommended to carry admit card on the day of the exam along with identity proof on the day of the exam. Candidates can use Voter ID Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License and Bank Passbook etc. as identity proof.
SBI PO Result 2019
The SBI PO 2019 result will be announced through the online mode. Candidates can check the result online on the official website. After qualifying the preliminary exam, candidates will be invited for the main exam. Similarly, those who will qualify the main test will have to further go through interview and group discussion. In the end, the final result will be declared on the basis of candidates overall performance in the exam.
SBI PO Cut-off 2019
The cut off marks vary from one year to another as it depends on the difficulty level of the exam, the number of applicants and number of vacant seats etc. The bank recruitment authority will assess all these things and then declare the cut-off for the year 2019.
Candidates should score at least minimum qualifying marks for passing the exam. We recommend the aspirants that do not think about cut off marks. Focus on your study and leave the rest on destiny. However, we will update more information at the appropriate time.
SBI PO 2019 Selection Process
The selection process of the SBI PO will be completed after due assessment of each stage of the exam. Candidates can check the following information with regard to the SBI PO 2019 selection process:
- SBI PO Recruitment Exam consists of Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Group Discussion & Interview.
- Qualified candidates of preliminary exam will be called for the main exam and then those who qualify the main test will be invited for Group Discussion & Interview.
- The competent authority will prepare category wise merit list based on candidates’ performance in the preliminary exam. The authority will invite applicants for main exam approximately 10 times of vacancy available.
- Again merit list will be prepared on the basis of main exam performance and candidates 3 times of the vacancy will be called to attend interview/group discussion.
- Candidates must qualify each set of the exam with at least minimum qualifying marks.
- The competent authority will take the final decision on the selection of the candidates after due assessment of each and every fact.
SBI PO Recruitment 2019: Highlights
Candidates must submit SBI PO application form within the prescribed time limit.
|Don’t wait for the last date for submitting application form.|
|Start your preparation from now as per the prescribed syllabus and examination pattern.||
Don’t wait for the official notification. The syllabus and examination pattern information is given above.
|Verify information from the official website and information bulletin.||
Don’t rely blindly on the information provided by websites other than official website.
|Upload the photograph and signature as per the given format and specification.||Don’t try to skip uploading of photograph and signature in the application form.|
|Payment of registration fee is mandatory.||Non-payment of registration fee will lead to the cancellation of candidature.|
Carry your admit card on the date of exam. Also carry identity proof and photograph.
Don’t forget to carry admit card on the day of exam otherwise you will not be allowed entry in the examination centre.
|Carry the items which are permissible to the exam hall.||
Don’t try to carry calculator, mobile phone, notes, book and electronic devices to the exam centre. If anyone found to be violating the rules, he/she will face consequences.
|Follow all the instructions of the invigilator during the exam.||Don’t leave the examination hall until the exam is over.|
Official Website: https://sbi.co.in/
Stay connected with us for more information on SBI PO 2019 Exam.