SBI PO 2021: The State Bank of India is the largest Government Bank in India which has its branches throughout India and abroad also. Hence, it requires a huge strength of manpower to run the organization smoothly in a best public-friendly manner. The State Bank of India conducts an entrance test for recruiting Probationary Officer in its branches all over India. The SBI PO exam is completed in two stages i.e. Preliminary Exam and Main Exam. Candidates can appear in the main exam only after qualifying the preliminary exam. The selection process comprises a Written Exam followed by Group Discussion and Interview.
Every year, a huge number of applicants seeking Bank PO jobs appear in the SBI PO exam for a certain number of vacancies. Therefore, it becomes tough to crack the exam with higher rank. We recommend the aspirants to collect proper information about the exam including examination pattern, syllabus and selection process etc. Those who are willing to appear in the upcoming SBI PO 2021 exam can find here relevant information such as SBI PO 2021 application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus etc. Aspirants must apply within the prescribed time limit to avoid last hour rush.
SBI PO 2021 Recruitment
- The SBI PO Notification 2021 will be released on the official website probably in the month of April 2021.
- Candidates have to apply online on the official website within the prescribed time frame.
- The SBI PO 2021 application form is expected to be available online from 2nd week of April 2021.
SBI PO 2021 Recruitment: Quick Overview
|Exam Name||SBI PO (State Bank of India Probationary Officer)|
|Exam Conducting Authority||State Bank of India|
|Post Name||Probationary Officer|
|Level of the Exam||All India Level|
|Number of Vacancies||Will update later|
|Registration process started from||April 2021|
|Closing date of registration||April 2021|
|Registration Fee||Rs.600/-(UR) & Rs.100/-(R)|
|Date of Preliminary Exam||June 2021|
|Main Exam Date||July 2021|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Selection Process||Preliminary Exam, Main Exam & Interview/ Group Discussion|
SBI PO 2021 Important Dates
Aspirants can find here tentative examination schedule for SBI PO 2021 recruitment exam in the table below.
|Exam Event||Dates (Tentative)|
|Online registration process including modification/correction in the application form||April 2021|
|Last date for online registration||April 2021|
|Application Fee/Intimation charges can be paid||April 2021|
|Call letter for the preliminary exam will be available from||3rd week of May 2021 onward|
|Online Preliminary exam date||June 2021|
|Result of the preliminary exam||1st week of July 2021|
|Download admit card for the online main exam||2nd week of July 2021|
|Main exam will be conducted on||July 2021|
|Main exam result will be declared on||3rd week of August 2021|
|Group exercise and Interview||September 2021|
|The final result will be announced||2nd week of October 2021|
|Pre-Exam Training for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates|
|Download call letters for Pre-Exam Training||2nd week of May 2021 onwards|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam Training||4th week of May 2021|
The applicants before submitting application form SBI PO 2021 exam must ensure their eligibility to appear in the exam. We recommend you that go through SBI PO Recruitment 2021 notification before proceeding for applying online. However, candidates can check here crucial information on SBI PO eligibility criteria below:
- An Indian citizen can apply.
- The applicant’s age must be within 21 to 30 years as on 1st April 2021.
- Age relaxation will be applicable to the reserved category candidates as per the prescribed rules which are as below:
|Category of the Candidates||Age relaxation|
|Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)||5 Years|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC Non-Creamy Layer)||3 years|
|Persons With Disabilities (PWD)||PWD (SC/ST)- 15 Years,|
PWD (OBC)- 13 Years,
PWD (Gen)- 10 Years
|Ex-Servicemen (Army Personnel)||5 Years|
|Candidates belonging to Jammu & Kashmir State from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 Years|
- The candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Those who are appearing in the final year of the qualifying exam can also apply.
Attempts Limit for SBI PO Exam
There are restrictions on attempts for SBI PO recruitment exam, it means the applicant has to qualify the entrance test within the specified attempt limit. Attempt limit varies from one category to another, which is given below:
|Candidate’s Category||Attempts Limit|
|PWD candidates (General Category/EWS)||7|
|OBC & OBC (PWD) category||7|
|SC/ST candidates||No Limit|
SBI PO Application Form 2021
The SBI PO online application form will be available at the official website i.e. www.statebankofindia.com or www.sbi.co.in. The candidates have to apply online at the official website of the SBI. Check the following guidelines with regard to SBI PO Application Form:
- Everyone who is going to submit SBI PO application form must verify the eligibility before applying online.
- Candidate should own a valid e-mail ID and mobile number for online registration.
- Visit the official website and go for SBI PO 2021 registration link and enter the details asked therein.
- On successful registration, candidates will receive registration ID and password on registered e-mail ID.
- Now fill the application form part and provide personal information, educational qualification details and address for correspondence etc.
- Be careful while making entries in the application form.
- Candidates have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in the given specifications and format.
- Also, pay the prescribed application fee to complete the application form.
- Payment of application fee can be done using net banking, credit card/debit card.
- At the end after making payment, submit the application form and take the printout of the application form.
- Candidates are recommended to keep the printout of the application form safe for future reference as it may require later.
The payment of application fee is a mandatory requirement to complete the SBI PO registration process. Candidates can pay the registration fee through net banking, credit card & debit card. It is very important to mention here that the application fee is non-refundable in nature hence any request to refund the money will not be entertained by the authority. The candidates can check the fee structure as under:
General/EWS/OBC category candidates- Rs.750/-
SC/ST/PWD category candidates- Rs.125/-
Specification of Scanned Images
The candidates are recommended to check the specification prescribed for the scanned images including photograph, signature and left thumb impression before uploading the same. Check the following information with regard to the image specifications:
- Photograph: The photograph of the applicant should be recently taken and it should have a clear background. The dimension of the image must be 200 X 230 and the size of the image must be within 20 to 50 KB.
- Signature & Left-Hand Thumb Impression: The candidates should use black/blue ball point pen for making the signature on white paper. Also, use blue/black ink for thumb impression on white paper. Now scan both signature and left-hand thumb impression. Remember, the dimension of the images should be 140 X 60 and size should be within 10 to 20 KB.
Note: All the images should be in JPEG format. Signature of the candidates should be in own running handwriting. Any mismatch in signature and thumb impression may cost you later. Hence, be careful while uploading the documents.
As stated above, the SBI PO exam will consist of Preliminary Exam, Main Exam followed by Group Discussion and Interview. Candidates must be conversant with the examination pattern and scheme of the exam. Check highlights of the SBI PO Exam Pattern below:
Preliminary Exam Pattern
- The SBI PO Preliminary Exam is an online entrance test.
- The duration of the preliminary exam will be one hour.
- Total 100 objective type questions will be asked therein.
- Paper will be divided into 3 sections as Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and English Language.
- Each question will carry 1 mark. On every wrong response, there will be negative marking of 1/4th marks.
|Paper Section||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
Main Examination Pattern
- The SBI PO Main Exam comprises objective type questions as well as descriptive type questions.
- SBI PO Main will be held through online mode also.
- The duration of objective type test will be 3.00 hours while descriptive test will be of 30 minutes.
- Objective type test will contain four sections as General Knowledge, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, Economy/Banking Awareness and English Language.
- Negative marking is applicable for objective type test. 1/4th marks will be deducted for the wrong attempt.
- Objective test will be of 200 marks and descriptive test will be of 50 marks.
|Paper Sections||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
The Descriptive Test is the test of candidate’s command on the English language. The test will contain two questions on Letter Writing and Essay Writing. There is no negative marking in this test but candidates must qualify this section.
SBI PO 2021 Syllabus
The candidates can check syllabus of SBI PO 2019 exam hereinbelow. We recommend aspirants to also obtain official information bulletin for more details regarding SBI PO Syllabus. You can prepare for the exam as per the following information:
General/Banking Knowledge & Current Affairs
Economic/Financial News, Budget and Five Year Plans, Banking & Financial Awareness, Current Affairs (National and International), Who’s Who, Popular Books and their authors, Abbreviations, Sports News, Awards and Honours, Science, Inventions and Discoveries, Important Days, International and National Events.
Quantitative Aptitude & Data Analysis/Interpretation
Simplification, Percentage, Number Series, Profit and Loss, Simple Interest and Compound Interest, Time and distance, Time and Work, Average Ratio and Proportion, Ages, Quadratic Equations, Pipes and Cisterns, Partnership, Speed, Boats and Streams, Permutation and Combination, Mixture and Allegation, Problems on Trains, Probability, Data Analysis/Data Interpretation (Mix DI, Table Graph, Bar Graph, Pie Chart, Probability, Line Graph, Language DI), Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency, Inequality, Volume and Area.
Coding-Decoding, Direction and Distance, Blood Relation, Data Sufficiency, Order and Ranking, Sitting Arrangement, Puzzle, Machine Input, Inequality, Statement & Course of Action, Syllogism, Input & Output, Alphabetical and Miscellaneous Series, Diagram, Inference, Statements & Assumptions.
History of Computers, Windows Operating System, Input and Output Devices, Internet terms and services, Networking and communication, Hardware and Software, MS-Office (MS-Excel, MS-word, MS-PowerPoint), Database Management System, Computer Abbreviations, Modern Day Technology, Security and Viruses, Logic Gates, Hacking, Computer Shorty Keys.
Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Spotting Errors, Fill in the blanks, Sentence Rearrangement, Deriving Conclusions, Correcting Miss Spelt & Inappropriate Words, Paragraph Completion, Active Voice, Passive Voice, Antonyms, Synonyms, Jumbled Sentences, Grammar Correction, Preposition, Idioms & Phrases.
SBI PO Descriptive Type Test
Apart from the above key topics of the objective type test, the candidates have to attend descriptive type test consisting of following topics:
- Letter Writing: Letter to Government official/ Bank Managers/Head of the Institutions, Letter to Friends, Relatives etc.
- Essay Writing: Indian Banking System, Budget, Indian Economy, Financial Inclusion, Right to Education, Indian Constitution, Any topic of social impact.
SBI PO Admit Card 2021
The SBI PO 2021 admit card or hall ticket 2021 will be issued via online mode. it will be available on the official website of the SBI. It will be available at two or three weeks prior to the examination. Registered candidates can easily download the admit card by entering registration number and date of birth in the respective field on the website.
No hard copy of the admit card will be sent to anyone. After downloading the admit card, candidates should take the printout of the same. The admit card will contain crucial information like name of the candidate, date of exam, venue of the exam and instructions for candidates.
If anyone finds the discrepancy in the admit card then he/she should report it to the competent authority within the specified time limit. Candidates are recommended to carry admit card on the day of the exam along with identity proof on the day of the exam. Candidates can use Voter ID Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License and Bank Passbook etc. as identity proof.
SBI PO Result 2021
The SBI PO 2021 result will be announced through the online mode. Candidates can check the result online on the official website. After qualifying the preliminary exam, candidates will be invited for the main exam. Similarly, those who will qualify the main test will have to further go through interview and group discussion. In the end, the final result will be declared on the basis of candidates overall performance in the exam.
Official Website: https://www.sbi.co.in/careers/
Stay connected with us for more information on SBI PO 2021 Exam.