The candidates who are looking career in the banking sector as clerical staff must go for SBI clerical exam. The State Bank of India is leading Government sector bank in India which has its branches throughout the Country. The bank conducts entrances test each year to select eligible candidates for filling up the vacant post of clerical staff. A huge number of participants appeared in this exam. The applicant has to clear all the stages of examination including preliminary exam, main exam, and personal interview. The SBI Clerk 2021 recruitment exam notification is likely to be published in the month of April 2021. Interested candidates can find here relevant information with regard to SBI Clerk 2021 application form, eligibility criteria, registration guide, exam pattern, syllabus, and important dates etc.
SBI Clerk 2021 Important Dates
|Exam Event||Dates (Tentative)|
|The registration process will commence from||April 2021|
|Last date to register online||May 2021|
|E-admit card for Preliminary exam||June 2021|
|Preliminary Exam will be held on||June 2021|
|Result for Preliminary Exam||July 2021|
|E-admit card for Main Exam||July 2021|
|Main exam will be held on||August 2021|
|Main exam result||August 2021|
|E-admit card for the interview will be available||August 2021|
|Date of Interview||August 2021|
|Final Result||September 2021|
In order to appear in the SBI Clerk exam, candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria prescribed by the SBI. The SBI Clerk eligibility criteria include following parameters which should be met by the applicants. Check the details:
- An Indian citizen can apply.
- The one who holds a bachelors’ degree in any discipline from a recognized university/institute can apply.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible.
- Applicant’s age should be within 20 years to 28 years.
- Reserved category candidates will get the exemption as per the Government’s rule.
Age Relaxation for Reserved Category
|PH (General)||10 years|
|PH (SC/ST)||15 Years|
|Candidates belonging to J&K from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
|Ex-servicemen||The actual service period + 3 years|
8 year for SC/ST disabled Ex-servicemen upto maximum 50 years of age.
|Women candidates who are widows, Divorced & Separated from their husbands and not remarried|| |
7 years upto the age of 35 years for General candidates, 38 years for OBC and 40 years for SC/ST candidates.
SBI Clerk Application Form 2021
Eligible and interested candidates must submit their application form through online mode. The SBI Clerk application form 2021 will be available on the official website from 2nd week of April 2021. Interested candidates can submit their application before the last date. Candidates need to provide all the details including personal, educational and correspondence address etc. in the online application form. All the entries should be correct and true in the application form. If anyone found misleading the authority, then his/her candidature is liable to be cancelled.
Applicants have to upload the recent scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed manner. Candidates also need to pay the requisite application fee which is mandatory in nature. They can pay the application fee through net banking and Debit/Credit card etc. We advise everyone not to apply without ensuring eligibility criteria.
Specification & Dimension of Images
- The images must be in JPG/JPEG format with the clear background.
- The dimension of the photograph should be 200 x 230 and size should be within 20 KB to 50 KB.
- Similarly, the dimension of the signature should be 140 x 60 and size should be within 10 KB to 20 KB.
|Photograph||JPEG||200 x 230 pixels||20 kb – 50 kb|
|Signature||JPEG||140 x 60 pixels||10 kb – 20 KB|
The payment of application fee is an essential part of the online application form as without fee payment registration cannot be done. The candidates must pay the requisite fee whatever applicable as per the category. However, the General/OBC candidates have to pay Rs.600/- as application fee while reserved category candidates need to pay Rs.100/- only. The payment can be done through online mode only such as net banking, debit card, and credit card. After making payment, candidates should take the receipt for future reference.
The SBI Clerk exam consist of two stages i.e. Preliminary Exam followed by Main Exam. Candidates should have basic information about examination pattern and syllabus of the exam. Check the following information with regard to SBI Clerk Exam Pattern:
- The preliminary exam is generally a filter to select eligible candidates for the subsequent exam.
- It is an online entrance test held on various authorized centres throughout the Country.
- The question paper consist of 100 multiple choice questions.
- The syllabus of the exam will include Reasoning Ability, Numerical Ability, and the English Language.
- SBI Clerk preliminary exam duration will be of 1.00 hour.
- There will be negative marking in the preliminary exam and 1/4th marks will be deducted for the wrong attempt.
- The details of the subject section with the distribution of questions and marks allotted are as below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Direction (in Minutes)|
- SBI Clerk main exam is also an online entrance test.
- Candidates have to attempt 190 multiple choice questions of 200 marks.
- The exam duration will be 2.40 hours.
- The syllabus of the main exam will include General & Financial Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, General English and Computer Aptitude.
- The question paper will be bilingual i.e. English and Hindi both.
- Negative marking is applicable in Main Exam also and hence, 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Candidates can check the subject sections with the distribution of questions in the table below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Direction (in Minutes)|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Science||50||60||45|
|Total||190||200||2 hours 40 minutes|
Note: There is a provision of negative marking in both the exam of SBI Clerk, hence, 1/4th marks will be deducted as a penalty for each wrong attempt.
SBI Clerk Syllabus
The aspirants must go through the SBI Clerk syllabus 2021 before starting preparation of the exam. It is very important to have the basic information about the syllabus. Candidates can check previous year question paper and sample paper books to know the syllabus of SBI Clerk exam. Generally, the syllabus contains General Knowledge & Current Affairs, English, Reasoning, Mathematics, and Computer Knowledge etc. In this regard, previous year questions papers will help you to understand the pattern of questions, important topics and difficulty level of the questions. Hence, everyone recommended to start the preparation as per SBI Clerk Syllabus.
SBI Clerk Admit Card
The competent authority will issue admit card to the eligible candidates one or two weeks prior to the examination date. SBI PO admit card 2021 will be available online on the official website. Candidates have to download the admit card from the website. Enter the registration number and date of birth for downloading the admit card.
Check the particulars of the admit card such as name, address, exam date and venue etc. carefully. If there is any discrepancy, then report it to the concerned authority without any delay. Candidates should take the printout of the admit card and keep it safe for future reference.
SBI Clerk 2021 Result
- The competent authority will announce SBI Clerk result 2021 on its official website.
- Candidates can download their result from the website directly.
- Candidates have to enter roll number/registration and date of birth in the concerned page on the website for obtaining SBI Clerk result.
- Take the printout of the result for future reference.
- Eligible candidates of preliminary exam will be called for the main exam.
- The competent authority will take all measures such as candidates’ written exam score, number of vacancies, and category of candidates while preparing the merit list.
Selection Procedure of the SBI Clerk
The selection of the SBI Clerk is purely a merit-based process. The competent authority will prepare the merit list of the candidates based on their preference in the exam. It is important to mention here that the preliminary exam is qualifying in nature. Candidates’ main exam marks will be considered for final selection. Eligible candidates will also go through a test of local language as specified in the application form. Candidates’ original documents will also be verified before final selection.
Documents to be verified
- 10th mark sheet & certificate
- 12th mark sheet & certificate
- SBI Clerk 2021 admit card
- SBI Clerk 2021 result
- Domicile certificate
- Category certificate if applicable
- Any other document as per directions.
Official Website: https://www.sbi.co.in/careers/
Stay connected with us for more information on SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021