JEECUP 2020 application form correction has been started from 21st May 2020. Candidates are recommended to modify/correct the particulars if necessary before the last date. The Uttar Pradesh Joint Entrance Examination (Polytechnic) is an annual practice by Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP) for admission in various polytechnic courses in different private and Government Polytechnics/Institute affiliated to Board of Technical Education, Uttar Pradesh. The examination is also known as UPJEE. The registration has been started from 1st January 2020. The students can get admission in engineering, technology and management courses after qualifying the UPJEE or JEECUP. Here we have provided details regarding the JEECUP 2020 entrance test like application form, eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern, result, and counselling process etc.
UPDATE: The UP Polytechnic 2020 corretion facility is available from 21st May 2020. Candidates are recommended to make correction in the application form as per the instructions. The exam has been postponed due to pandamic COVID19. Now, the exam is scheduled to be held on 19th & 25th July 2020. Check more details below.
JEECUP 2020 Notification: Released
- JEECUP 2020 application correction has been commenced from 21st May 2020.
- JEECUP 2020 exam has been postponed and scheduled to be held on 19th and 25th July 2020.
- The registration process has been started from 1st January 2020. Click here for application form details.
- The applicants need to submit the application form before the last date i.e.
16th March 202020th May 2020 (extended).
- Eligible candidates are recommended to apply within the specified time schedule.
- Candidates should obtain official information bulletin for detailed information regarding the exam.
UP Polytechnic 2020: An Overview
|Name of the Exam||JEECUP/UPJEE 2020 (UP Polytechnic Entrance Exam)|
|Regulating Authority||JEECUP (Joint Entrance Examination Council, Uttar Pradesh)|
|Type of Exam||State Level|
|Date of Exam||19th July & 25th July 2020|
|Exam Duration||3.00 hours|
|Registration process||1st January to 20th May 2020|
|Courses Offered||Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, and Other Diploma Courses|
|Exam Mode||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper Based Test|
|No. of Question to be asked||100|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for every correct answer. Each question will carry equal marks.|
|Negative Marking||Applicable. 1/4th mark will be deducted for the wrong attempt.|
|Nature of Questions||Objective Type Questions|
UP Polytechnic 2020 Exam Dates
The candidates can check important dates with regard to the JEECUP 2020 exam in the table below. UP Polytechnic 2020 exam dates have been released. Check the following information:
|Name of the Event||Date|
|JEECUP Online Registration Process will start||1st January 2020|
|Last date for submission of online application||20th May 2020|
|JEECUP Admit card||April/May 2020|
|UP Polytechnic 2020 Exam date||19th July (Group A & E) & 25th July 2020 (Group B to I & K1 to K8)|
|Result Declaration||July/August 2020|
|Counselling date||August 2020|
JEECUP (UP Polytechnic) 2020 Application Form
- The JEECUP application form 2020 will be released on the website from 1st January 2020.
- The applicants of JEECUP 2020 have to apply online only as there will be no printed version available for UPJEE 2020.
- Candidates can submit the application form before the last date i.e. 20th May 2020.
- Candidate must ensure their eligibility as per the criteria laid down for UPJEE 2020 before filling up the JEECUP application form.
- Eligible candidates should enter all the information correctly like personal details, academic details and correspondence address etc. in the application form.
- Upload scanned images of photograph, signature and thumb impression as per specifications.
- Pay the requisite application fee through online or offline mode.
- Check all the entries you made in the application form and submit the application form.
- In the end, take a print out of the application form or confirmation page for further reference.
- Candidates are recommended to submit only one application form, more than one application forms will lead to rejection.
- The candidates have to pay Rs.300/- as application fee in case of General/OBC candidates.
- SC/ST candidates need to pay Rs.200/- only as application fee.
- Candidates can pay the application fee through Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking or e-challan of SBI bank.
Eligibility Criteria for UP Polytechnic 2020
There are minimum basic eligibility criteria prescribed, which is as under:
|Group||Courses||Minimum basic eligibility|
|A||Engineering & Technology Diploma||10th passed with minimum 35% marks.|
|B||Agriculture Engineering||10th passed with Agriculture with minimum 35% marks or Agriculture subject in 12th examination.|
|C||Fashion Design, Home science and Textile design and engineering||10th passed with minimum 35% marks.|
|D||1. Modern Office Management & Secretarial Practice||12th passed (Hindi and English subjects in 10th or 12th)|
|2. Library & Information Science||12th passed|
|E||Diploma in Pharmacy||10+2 Examination (academic stream) in science with 50% marks (40% marks for SC/ST).|
|F||Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology (Tissue culture)||B.Sc. with Biology, Chemistry/Biotechnology|
|G||Post Graduate Diploma course||Graduate in any discipline (passed/ appeared)|
|H||Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology||12th passed with 50% marks for Unreserved/ OBC (45% marks for SC/ST)|
|I||Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||12th Science passed with science and aggregate 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.|
|J||Post Diploma in Information Technology||Engineering diploma passed from BTEUP affiliated institute|
|K1 to K7||Lateral Entry (Engineering & Technology Diploma Course)||12th Passed or ITI|
JEECUP 2020 Notable points
- There is no upper age bar for the candidates. Candidates should be at least 14 years old as on 1st July 2020.
- The candidate with the disability should fill the type of disability with percentage while filling up the online application form for JEECUP 2020
- The candidates who have 40% or more permanent disability, will be considered as a disabled person.
- Be very careful while filling up an online application form, because any wrong entry could not be corrected later and the letter or e-mails in this regard will not be considered by UPJEE (Polytechnic) Council.
- Candidate can fill only one application form, more than one application form from a candidate will be rejected.
- The name of the candidate, his/her parents’ name and date of birth in the application form must be the same as registered in the high school certificate.
- The application fee will be paid only by net banking/credit/debit card or through bank Challan generated during the online submission of application.
- In the application form, no option can be changed at the later stage after submission of the application form. However, a chance may be given to the candidates to correct or modify the particulars in the application form. No change will be accepted through offline i.e. through speed post, fax, e-mail etc.
- There is no need to send a hard copy of the submitted application.
- The final admission is subject to verification of original documents at the time of counselling/admission.
- The candidates must have their own personal valid email id and mobile number.
- Any request for change of examination centre will not be entertained.
JEECUP Exam Pattern
The applicants can check JEECUP exam pattern information herein below:
- The candidate should carefully check the question booklet first. In case of any kind of discrepancy, the candidate should immediately report to the invigilator.
- Candidates will then write particulars with Blue or Black ballpoint pen and HB pencil to darken the circles on the Answer Sheet. Candidates have to wait till the instruction given by the invigilator.
- The test will be of exactly 3 hours duration.
- The test paper will consist of questions as per the table placed above.
- Every question will have four options and there will be one correct response for each question out of four responses given.
- Each question will be of 4 marks for the correct answer.
- There will be negative marking. 1/4th marks i.e. 1 mark will be deducted for the wrong answer.
- Every question will have equal weightage.
- OMR Sheet should be clean, rough work will be done on the question booklet.
UP Polytechnic Preparation Tips
Aspirants can check important preparation tips below which will be very helpful during the exam:
- The candidates must obtain proper information about UP Polytechnic 2020 syllabus from the official website.
- After obtaining the syllabus, identify the important topics as per the exam perspective.
- Candidates should prepare a suitable timetable for study and follow the same on the regular basis.
- Go through previous year question papers and solve the same on a regular basis. Also, explore the important topics.
- You should collect some good reference books and notes for better preparation.
- Revise important topics from time to time so that you can score good marks in the exam.
- Take care of your health as it is also important to stay fit
JEECUP Admit Card 2020
The eligible candidates can download the admit card from the official website of Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP) i.e. http://jeecup.nic.in/ in the month of July 2020. The JEECUP admit card will contain crucial information like candidate’s name, roll number, date of exam, the centre of exam with complete address and instructions for the exam. Candidates must take the printout of the admit card and keep it safe till the entire admission process gets over. Must carry admit card on the date of entrance test otherwise, you will not be allowed to appear in the entrance test.
JEECUP Answer Key 2020
The competent authority will also release the answer key of the JEECUP 2020 exam on its official website. Candidates can expect the answer key after one week’s time from the date of the exam. It will be announced through online mode. Candidates can easily download the answer key from the official website. After downloading the answer key, take a printout ready reference.
Now, you can match your answers as per the answer key which will help you to make a rough idea of your JEECUP score. If any candidate wants to challenge the answer key then he/she should report the same through proper channel as per the directions.
JEECUP 2020 Score and Result
The Joint Entrance Examination Council Uttar Pradesh (JEECUP) will release UPJEE 2020 result on its official website in the month of August 2020. No Score or Rank Card will be issued to the candidates separately. Therefore, candidates are advised to visit http://jeecup.nic.in/ to download the rank/scorecard. The answer keys of the examination will also be displayed on the website. Candidate can get the result by entering requisite details such as registration number etc. in the given tab.
UP Polytechnic JEECUP Counselling 2020
The candidates shortlisted on the basis of the JEECUP 2020 exam will be eligible to participate in the counselling process for admission in the desired course. Appearing in the counselling process is a mandatory requirement for final admission in the concerned course. It is expected that the JEECUP Counselling 2020 will commence in the month of August 2020.
The counselling will be held through online mode and it will be completed in various rounds. Candidates can participate in the UP Polytechnic counselling after qualifying the written exam. Candidates have to fill the choices of courses and colleges during the registration process for counselling. Thereafter, seat allotment will be done as the candidates’ rank in the exam, choice-filled, category and availability of seats.
The competent authority will also verify the important documents before final admission. After seat allotment, candidates must report to the allotted colleges within the specified time period. Candidates should carry all the original documents and photocopies for verification as per the directions. Those who found ineligible at any stage of the selection process will be declared ineligible and their candidature will be cancelled.
Documents to be verified
- 10th mark sheet & certificate
- 12th mark sheet & certificate
- JEECUP admit card
- JEECUP Result/Score Card.
- Transfer certificate
- Character certificate
- Passport size photographs
- Category certificate (if applicable)
Selection and Counselling related rules:
- On the basis of UPJEE 2020 result, the candidates who will clear the entrance exam will be called for counselling process in the month of August 2020.
- The candidate will get Institute and Subject according to their merit, reservation and choice through the online counselling process.
- Successful candidates first need to register themselves for counselling on web portal http://jeecup.nic.in. The candidate must fulfil the requisite eligibility criteria. After registration, candidates have to pay the counseling fee of Rs. 250/- through Net Banking/Debit/Credit Card or Bank Challan (any branch of State Bank of India).
- Fee once submitted will not be refunded or transferred in any case.
- Candidates must ensure that at the time of registration, they must have all the documents related to their minimum basic educational qualification, reservation etc.
- The candidates who have completed the registration process can go for choice filling. Candidates are advised hereby that choose as many as subject according to choice and merit because once you locked the choices then you cannot able to change the choice at any stage.
- After completion of the choice filling process, the Council will verify documents at various declared centres.
- The counseling process will be completed in four stages.
- Candidates have to secure their seats by submitted the security fee of Rs. 3000/-.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Check some of the important questions which applicants frequently asked. It will be helpful, go through the same:
Q1: When will be JEECUP 2020 registration will start?
A: JEECUP 2020 registration process will be started from 1st January 2020 for the session 2020-21.
Q2: How can I register for JEECUP?
A: The registration process for JEECUP will be held through online mode on the official website.
Q3: Sir, I am in the 12th class. Can I apply for an engineering diploma course?
A: Yes, those who are pursuing 12th standard education can apply subject to the outcome of the result.
Q4: May I know which are documents to be uploaded with the application form?
A: During the registration process, you are required to upload scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression only. Other documents will be verified later.
Q5: Can I correct some details in the UP Polytechnic application form 2020 as I noticed some mistakes?
A: The candidates will be given a chance to correct the particulars within a specified time limit.
Q6: is there any other mode for payment of registration fee except online mode?
A: Yes, candidates can make payment through e-challan of SBI Bank.
Q6: Is there negative marking in JEECUP?
A: Yes, negative marking is applicable in this exam. Hence, candidates should attempt the question carefully.
Q7: How many questions will be there in the exam?
A: There will be 100 objective type questions in the JEECUP 2020.
Q8: What will be the syllabus for the exam?
A: The JEECUP syllabus may vary from one course to another course. However, it will be based on 10th and 12th standard classes as per the concerned stream and subject.
Stay connected with us for more information on the UP Polytechnic 2020 Exam.