JEECUP Eligibility Criteria 2020: Candidates who are seeking admission in Polytechnic courses in the State of UP must check eligibility criteria first before applying for JEECUP. UP Polytechnic entrance exam i.e. JEECUP is a state-level entrance exam. There are various Government/Private Polytechnic colleges in UP State which are affiliated by the Board of Technical Education, Uttar Pradesh. The JEECUP 2020 exam for the upcoming session i.e. 2020-21 will be held from 31st May to 1st June 2020. Interested candidates can apply online at official website after verifying their eligibility. Find here the relevant information about JEECUP eligibility criteria 2020.
JEECUP 2020 Notification
- The notification for UP Polytechnic (JEECUP) 2020 has been released through online mode.
- However, JEECUP 2020 exam date has been announced and it is scheduled to be held on 31st May and 1st June 2020.
- The registration process has been started from 1st January 2020.
- Candidates can apply online till the last date of the application form i.e. 20th April 2020.
- Aspirants are recommended to go through eligibility requirements before submitting the application form.
JEECUP Eligibility Criteria 2020
One must fulfil the minimum basic eligibility requirements prescribed by the Board of Technical Education, Uttar Pradesh for appearing in the JEECUP 2020 exam. Candidates should go through a complete JEECUP information brochure before applying online. However, candidates can check the following information in respect of JEECUP eligibility:
Candidate must be an Indian citizen as only Indian citizens can apply for JEECUP.
- The minimum basic qualification to appear in the JEECUP exam is 10th qualified.
- Those who are appearing in 12th standard or passed 12th can also apply.
- Candidate must have secured qualifying marks in the qualifying exam to be eligible.
- The minimum age of the candidate should be at least 14 years as on 1st July 2020.
- No upper age limit for appearing in the test.
Candidates should have the domicile certificate of Uttar Pradesh to appear in the test. Those who have completed their 10th or 12th class examination from the Uttar Pradesh Education Board will be eligible to appear in the exam.
Group-wise Eligibility criteria
Interested candidates can check below the group-wise eligibility criteria in detail.
|Group||Courses||Minimum basic eligibility|
|A||Engineering & Technology Diploma||10th passed with minimum 35 % marks|
|B||Agriculture Engineering||10th passed with Agriculture. & Minimum 35% marks or Agriculture Subject in 12th class|
|C||Fashion Design, Home science and Textile design and engineering||10th passed with minimum 35 % marks|
|D||1. Modern Office Management & Secretarial Practice||12th passed with Hindi and English subjects in 10th or 12th standard|
|2. Library & Information Science||12th class passed|
|E||Diploma in Pharmacy||10+2 Examination (Academic Stream) in science with 50% marks for Unreserved/ OBC candidates and 45% marks for SC/ST candidates|
|F||Post Graduate Diploma in Biotechnology (Tissue culture)||B.Sc. passed with Biology, Chemistry/Biochemistry|
|G||Post Graduate Diploma course||Graduate in any discipline (passed/ appeared)|
|H||Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology||12th passed with 50% marks for Unreserved/ OBC and 45% marks for SC/ST|
|I||Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||12th Science passed and aggregate 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. *PH/Color blind candidates not allowed.|
|J||Post Diploma in Information Technology||Engineering diploma passed from BTEUP affiliated institute|
|K1 to K7||Lateral Entry (Engineering & Technology Diploma Course)||12th passed or ITI certificate holder.|
Important Points Regarding JEECUP Eligibility criteria
- Candidates, who are appearing in the qualifying exam, can also apply for JEECUP but the must pass the exam with the required percentage.
- There is no age bar for making an application of JEECUP.
- Disable candidates should fill the percentage of disability while applying online.
- Those who have 40% or more permanent disability will be treated as disabled person.
- If someone submits more than one application form, the competent authority may reject his/her application.
- Apart from fulfilling basic minimum eligibility criteria to appear in the exam, candidates have to obtain qualifying marks for ensuring admission in the desired course.
- However, the final admission in the polytechnic course will be done after verification of original documents at the time of counselling/admission.
Stay tuned to Careerindiainfo.in for more information on JEECUP 2020.