JEE Main application form 2020 will be available online from 1st week of September 2019. JEE Main is a national level entrance test for admission in UG engineering & architecture programmes. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the JEE Main exam in various exam centres throughout the country. Candidates after qualifying the JEE Main exam will be eligible to take admission in the desired engineering courses. The application form will be available through online mode only. Aspirants should check all the instructions before submitting the application form. Candidates can check here complete guide regarding JEE Main 2020 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria and Important Dates.
JEE Main 2020 Application Form
- JEE Main application form 2020 will be available online from 1st week of September 2019 for January 2020 Exam.
- Candidates are recommended to submit the application form before the last date.
The candidates check the following information with regard to JEE Main 2020 registration.
- The JEE Main application form 2020 will be available through online mode only.
- JEE Main 2020 registration will start from 1st week of September 2019 and form can be submitted till last week of September 2019.
- Candidates should have Aadhar Card for submitting JEE Main 2020 application form.
- Those who belong to Assam, Meghalaya and J&K states, can use Ration Card Number, Passport Number, Bank Account Number or other Govt. ID for submitting the application form.
- Candidates should fill every detail asked in the form correction and should not leave any field blank.
- Upload the scanned recent photograph and signature in the prescribed format and specifications.
- The photographs must be in JPG format and dimension and size should be as per the following manner:
Photograph (4KB to 40KB)- 3.5cm X 4.5 cm.
Signature (1KB to 30KB) – 3.5 cm X 1.5 cm.
- Candidates are recommended to submit only one application form. More than one application form will not be considered.
- Pay the requisite application fee to complete the application form.
- Submit the form and take the printout of the confirmation page for further reference.
JEE Main Registration Fee:
- The candidates can make payment using net banking, credit/debit card or by e-Challan.
- In case of e-Challan mode, the candidates should make payment in the ICICI/Syndicate/Canara Bank Branch.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
How to make the correction in JEE Main application form
Candidates should be careful while filling up the online application form. If any mistake found in the form after submission of application form, the candidate will get the chance to correct the mistakes. The authority will notify the dates for making correction/modification in the application form. The candidates should keep in mind the following things:
- Candidates will get access to correct some of the particulars such as name, parents name, educational qualification etc.
- One cannot change the exam centre and mode of exam.
- To make the correction, the candidate should login first using the application registration number and password.
- Now go for correction by clicking on the edit button.
- Make necessary updates and recheck entire application form before clicking on submit button.
- Take the printout of the application form correction slip and keep it safe for future reference.
- Candidates should know that once you submit the application form after making the necessary correction then you cannot make any further correction in the application form.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
The students should check eligibility criteria before making JEE Main 2020 application form. Check the following information with regard to JEE Main eligibility criteria:
- Students should have completed 12th (intermediate) or its equivalent exam in the year 2018 or 2019 from a recognized institute/board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) subjects.
- Candidates appearing in 12th class exam i.e. in the year 2020 are also eligible to apply subject to outcome of their result.
- They should obtain minimum 50% marks aggregate in the qualifying exam with PCM subjects.
- Candidates should secure at least 75% marks in the 12th exam for admission in NITs, IITs, IIITs and CFTIs while reserved category candidates should obtain minimum 65% marks in the qualifying
- The candidates whose DOB falls on or after 1st October 1995, are eligible to apply. However, reserve category (SC/ST/PwD)candidates will get 5 years relaxation.
- Date of birth mentioned in the 10th class certificate will be considered for age calculation.
- Candidates can appear maximum 3 times in JEE Main exam.
JEE Main 2020 Registration Dates
The candidates can check JEE Main exam dates in the table below:
|January 2020 Exam|
|Release of JEE Main 2020 online application form||1st week of September 2019|
|Last date for registration||last week of September 2019|
|Correction in the application form||September-October 2019|
|Date of Exam||2nd week of January 2020|
|April 2020 Exam|
|Release of online application form||2nd week of February 2020|
|Last date for applying online||February 2020|
|Date of Exam||3rd week of April 2020|
How to Apply for JEE Main 2020?
All those candidates who are fulfilling the eligibility requirements should apply online before the last date. Check the following instructions to apply for JEE Main 2020 exam:
- Access the official website and find the concerned link (link will be provided here).
- Go for registration and click on “Apply for JEE Main 2020” link.
- Read all the instructions carefully before submitting the application form.
- Now click on “Proceed to Apply Online” button.
- Fill the application form and provide each and every information asked in the form.
- Personal information, academic details and address and other information should be correct.
- Submit these entries and click on the Next button.
- Note down the application number generated for further process.
- Now click on “Upload Scanned Images” button and upload the scanned photograph, signature and guardian/parents images as per the directions.
- Re-check the entries you made and then proceed to make the payment of application fee.
- Pay the requisite application fee either online or offline mode.
- At the end take the printout of the filled in application form for future reference.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
|Question: is Aadhar Card Number is mandatory to make JEE Main 2020 application form?|
|Answer: Yes, Aadhar Card is necessary requirement. Without having Aadhar card, you cannot apply.|
|Question: My photo in the Aadhar Card is not matching with present photo, is there any problem?|
|Answer: No, there is no problem. Only Aadhar Card Number matters.|
|I have appeared 3 times in JEE Main exam, can I apply for JEE Main 2020 exam being a SC candidate.|
|Answer: No, you can’t apply as there is no relaxation in this case.|
|Question: If I found any mistake in my application form after submission of JEE Main application form, can I change the same?|
|Answer: Yes, you will get chance to correct the mistakes or modify information. However, you have to be alert while filling up online application form.|
|Question: I am a diploma holder, can I apply for JEE main 2020 entrance exam?|
|Answer: Yes, diploma holder is eligible to apply for JEE Main.|
|Question: I completed my 12th exam through Open School, am I eligible to apply for JEE Main 2020 exam.|
|Answer: Yes, you can submit application form.|
|Question: I am a poor guy, is there any exemption in application fee for me?|
|Answer: There is no such exemption for general category. Only SC/ST/PwD category will get exemption in application fee.|
Stay connected with us for more information on JEE Main 2020 Application Form.