NEET 2019 exam dates have been announced. NEET is a national level entrance exam for aspirants who are seeking admission in medical courses. National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is the only entrance test for admission in medical courses such as MBBS, BDS and AYUSH UG Courses in the Country. Earlier the NEET exam was conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on yearly basis. But now the Ministry of HRD has recently announced that from the year 2019, NEET exam will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). The NEET exam will be held once a year in the month of May as per revised notification. In the year 2018, the Ministry of AYUSH has made it mandatory for admission in all AYUSH UG Courses (BAMS/BUMS/BSMS/BHMS) will be held on the basis of NEET score as before that the NEET exam was conducted for MBBS & BDS only.
After the announcement of the new developments regarding the NEET exam, the candidates must go through the official information brochure to understand the eligibility, application process etc. The aspirants should start preparation for NEET 2019 exam from now as it is one of the toughest entrance tests. After qualifying the NEET, candidates will be eligible to take admission in medical, dental and AYUSH UG courses in the Government or Private medical colleges of the country. In this article, we have collected information about NEET 2019 exam including the registration process, application form, eligibility criteria, exam schedule, exam pattern, syllabus and preparation strategy, which is placed below.
NEET 2019 Notification-Released
- NEET 2019 exam dates have been released. The exam is scheduled to be held on 5th May 2019.
- The NEET application form 2019 will be available online from 1st November 2018. Click here to check application form details.
- Interested candidates after ensuring NEET eligibility criteria can go ahead for applying online.
NEET 2019: Quick Overview
|Name of the Exam||
National Eligibility-Cum-Entrance Test (NEET)
|Exam Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Level of Exam||National|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, BDS, AYUSH UG courses|
|Mode of Exam||Offline i.e. Pen & Paper-based test|
|Date of Exam||5th May 2019|
What’s new about NEET 2019?
- The exam conducting authority has been changed. NEET 2019 exam will be conducted National Testing Agency instead of CBSE.
- NEET 2019 exam will be held through Pen & Paper based mode as held in the previous year.
- The decision of conducting NEET exam twice in a year has been reverted and the NEET exam will be held once in a year as per the previous year exam pattern.
- Aadhar Card is not compulsory to fill NEET application form but one must have a valid ID proof for appearing in the exam.
- NEET attempt limit has also been removed from the last year. Now, interested candidates can appear in NEET exam untill they are fulfilling age limit criteria.
- The National Testing Agency is going to set up various test centres for the exam and practice of the students.
NEET 2019 Exam Dates
The National Testing Agency has announced NEET 2019 exam dates on its official website through publishing the notification. Aspirants can check NEET exam schedule 2019 in the table below:
|Release of application form||1st November 2018|
|Last date for submission of application form||30th November 2018|
|Last date for fee payment||Last week of November 2018|
|Correction window availability||December 2018|
|Availability of admit card||15th April 2019|
|Date of Exam||5th May 2019|
|Release of OMR & Answer Key||Within a week from the date of exam|
|Declaration of result||5th June 2019|
|Counselling will commence from||2nd week of June 2019|
NEET Eligibility Criteria 2019
Students have to meet basic eligibility requirement to appear in NEET exam. Candidates can ensure their eligibility as per the following information on NEET eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be a citizen of India. OCI (Overseas Citizen of India) are also eligible to appear in NEET.
- Candidates must have an Aadhar Number to appear in NEET.
- Minimum age of the candidate is 17 years as on 31st December of the admission year.
- The upper age limit is 25 years (30 years for SC/ST/OBC candidates).
- Candidates should have qualified 12th (Intermediate) class exam or its equivalent exam from a recognized board/institute.
- They should have Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Biotechnology and English as the compulsory subjects in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates must obtain at least 50% marks in case of General category, 45% for General-PH candidates and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC candidates in the qualifying exam.
- Those who are appearing in the qualifying exam can also apply for NEET subject to the outcome of their result.
NEET Reservation Criteria
Applicants can check the following reservation criteria for NEET:
-OBC (Non-creamy Layer) – 27%
-SC (Scheduled Caste) candidates – 15 %
-ST (Schedule Tribe) – 7.5 %
-Physically handicapped person – 3%
NEET 2019 Application Form
Aspirants who are looking for appearing in NEET 2019, must check eligibility criteria first as stated above. Candidates should keep following things in mind while filling up the NEET application form:
- Students can access the NEET 2019 application form through online mode only.
- NEET UG 2019 registration will start from 1st November 2018.
- The candidates can fill NEET application form till 30th November 2018.
- Visit the official website and click on the concerned link.
- Fill all the necessary information like personal details, educational qualification details, contact information, domicile and correspondence address etc.
- Candidates need to upload scanned images of photograph, signature and index finger impression in the specified format.
- Make payment of application fee through any preferred mode either online or offline mode.
- After making payment, take the printout of the confirmation page of the application form for future reference.
- General/OBC candidates need to pay Rs.1400/- as application fee while SC/ST candidate need to pay Rs.750/- only.
- Candidates can pay through net banking, debit card/credit card.
- Payment can also be made through e-challan.
- Payment of application fee is mandatory and it is non-refundable in nature.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
It is very important to have basic information about exam pattern to ensure success in the entrance test. Candidates can check the following information about NEET exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: NEET exam will be an offline entrance test i.e. Pen & Paper based exam.
- Number of Questions: Paper will contain total 180 questions.
- Type of Questions: Paper will consist of multiple-choice questions having four alternatives.
- Exam duration: The duration of the exam will be 3.00 hours.
- Language: Candidates will have the choice to select any language among English, Hindi, Urdu, Assamese, Tamil, Gujarati, Bengali, Marathi and Telugu to attempt paper.
- Marking Scheme: There will be four marks for every correct answer (+4 Marks).
- Negative Marking: Negative marking is applicable in NEET hence, 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt (- 1 mark).
- Subjects: Questions will be based on 11th & 12th standard Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology) subjects.
NEET 2019 Syllabus
The applicants should be aware of the prescribed NEET 2019 syllabus. It is not possible to crack the exam without having proper information about NEET syllabus. Generally, the NEET syllabus contains the important topics of 11th & 12th standard Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Candidates should have a strong command on these subjects and should start preparation at the early stage. The subject wise details are given below:
- Laws of Motion
- Electronic Devices
- Properties of Bulk Matter
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation
- Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory
- Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism
- Physical world and measurement etc.
- p-Block Elements
- Solid State
- Phenols and Ethers
- Coordination Compounds
- Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Surface Chemistry
- States of Matter: Gases and Liquids
- Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties etc.
- Genetics and Evolution
- Plant Physiology
- Cell Structure and Function
- Ecology and Environment
- Diversity in Living World
- Human Physiology
- Biology and Human Welfare
- Biotechnology and Its Applications
- Structural Organization in Animals and Plants etc.
How to Prepare for NEET 2019
The applicants should make a preparation strategy for NEET 2019 exam to secure good rank in the exam. Check NEET preparation tips below:
- Aspirants should be aware of the exam scheme and pattern.
- Candidates should obtain information bulletin from the official website and read it carefully.
- Follow a strict timetable for each subject on regular basis.
- You can divided topics based on their importance.
- Aspirants should have strong command on 11th & 12th standard Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology).
- Focus on the weak subject and practice hard.
- Prepare notes on important topics for revision at the last moment.
- Collect good study material and reference books.
- Stay relaxed, do not take the unnecessary stress. Follow a healthy lifestyle.
- A routine and meaningful study will guide towards success in NEET 2019 exam.
NEET Admit Card 2019
- NEET 2019 admit card will available on online at official website.
- Eligible candidates who successfully registered for NEET can download their admit card.
- NEET hall ticket 2019 is likely to be available in the 1st week of January 2019 (Feb exam) and 1st week of May 2019 (May exam).
- Candidates must take the printout of the admit card and keep it safe till the final admission.
- Admit card will consist of information like candidate’s name, roll number, exam date and time, venue of exam etc.
NEET Answer Key 2019
- The answer key of the NEET 2019 will be available on the official website within a week after examination.
- Candidates can easily download the same from the website.
- The answer keys will be helpful to cross-check answers. Candidates can make a rough idea about their score.
- Candidates can challenge any answer within the prescribed time if they are not satisfied.
NEET Result 2019
The candidates can check crucial information regarding NEET Result 2019 as under:
- Candidates who appeared in the entrance test can check their result online at official website.
- The result will be available in the 1st week of March 2019 (Feb exam) and 1st week of June 2019 (May exam).
- Candidates can obtain their result by providing the registration number and other required details in the website.
- Take the printout of the result and keep it safe for future use.
- The competent authority will prepare a merit list on the basis of candidates’ written exam performance.
NEET 2019 Cut-off Marks
Cut-off mark is minimum qualifying marks which candidates have to obtain to qualify the exam. The exam conducting authority will decide cut-off marks after examination based on the number of applicants, number medical seats and difficulty level of exam etc.
NEET Counselling 2019
After qualifying the NEET exam, aspirants have to attend counselling process for final admission in the desired course. Candidates can check NEET Counselling 2019 details below:
- Successful candidates will have to appear in NEET 2019 counselling.
- The counselling process will commence after the declaration of result probably in the month of June 2019.
- Candidates must appear in counselling for completing admission process.
- DGHS (Directorate General of Health Science) will conduct counselling for 15% All India Quota seats and other respective authority will conduct counselling for remaining seats.
- Candidates have to pay requisite counselling fee to appear in the counselling.
- Carry your admit card, result and identity proof along with all original documents while appearing for counselling.
- Seat allotment will be done on the basis of candidate’s rank, seat availability and choice filled etc. and the decision of the competent authority will be final in this regard.
Stay connected with us for more information on NEET 2019 Exam.