GATE 2020 examination dates have been released. The entrance test is scheduled to be held on 1st February, 2nd February, 8th February and 9th February 2020. GATE 2020 exam will be conducted by IIT Delhi. Interested candidates must collect proper information regarding the exam including eligibility criteria and registration process etc. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering commonly known as GATE is a national level entrance exam. The GATE is an All India entrance exam conducted by IITs and IISc on the rotational basis.
The exam is very popular among the students who are seeking admission in M. Tech./Ph.D. courses in IITs, IISc, and other institutions. Aspirants can check here the details regarding GATE 2020 registration, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus. Interested candidates are recommended to go through GATE 2020 official notification and read the full advertisement. First check eligibility condition and after ensuring eligibility, go ahead for making GATE application form. Candidates should apply well within the prescribed time limit.
Update: The official examination schedule for GATE 2020 exam has been released. This year, the exam will be conducted by IIT, Delhi. The registration process will start from 3rd September 2019.
GATE 2020 Exam Dates
The candidates can check GATE 2020 examination schedule in the table below. The candidates are recommended to go through examination schedule and accordingly apply as per the instructions:
|Exam Events||Dates (Released)|
|Opening of GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System)||3rd September 2019|
|Last date for submission of GATE application form||24th September 2019|
|Extending date for submitting online application form||1st October 2019|
|Closing date for requesting the change of exam city ( an additional fee will be applicable)||15th November 2019|
|Availability of GATE Admit Card on the official website||3rd January 2020|
|Date of GATE 2020 Exam||1st February, 2nd February, 8th February & 9th February 2020|
|Declaration of Result||16th March 2020|
GATE Application Form 2020
Candidates should read instructions carefully before going to fill GATE application form. Check the following information regarding GATE 2020 Application form:
- Candidates can submit application form only through online mode at official website as there will be no printed version of the application form for sale.
- Online registration for GATE 2020 exam will commence from the 3rd September 2019.
- Aspirants have to access the GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) for registration.
- Candidates must apply online well in advance before the last date i.e. 24th September 2019.
- Candidates have to fill the form carefully for smooth registration.
- During the submission of online application, the candidate must have to upload the passport size photograph, signature, thumb impression, qualifying degree certificate, and category certificate if applicable.
- All the images should be in JPEG format with specified size and dimension.
- Candidates are required to mention ID Number from any one of the ID proof like PAN Card, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Driving License and Passport etc.
- Candidate should own a valid e-mail ID and mobile number.
- In order to complete the application, candidates must pay the requisite application fee.
- Candidate must retain a printout of the application form for future reference.
Applicants have to pay the requisite GATE application fee to complete the application process. Those who will not pay the application fee, their application will not be accepted the application form will be rejected accordingly. The application fee is non-refundable in nature. Candidates can pay the application fee through online mean such as Net Banking, Debit/Credit Card or e-Challan. The GATE application fee structure is as under:
|Female candidate||Rs. 750/-|
|SC/ST/PwD candidate||Rs. 750/-|
|All other candidate||Rs. 1500/-|
|Gate Internal Candidates||50 US Dollars|
GATE Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates should satisfy eligibility conditions before making the online application. Candidates are hereby recommended to go through the official GATE notification 2020. The GATE 2020 eligibility criteria are:
|Qualification||Qualifying degree/ Exam||Degree status||Year of Qualification should not be later than|
|Candidates must possess a Bachelor degree in Engineering/ Technology (four year after 10+2 or three years after B.Sc./ Diploma in Technology /Engineering)|
Candidates who are in the final year of qualifying examination may also apply for GATE 2020.
|Completed or pursuing final year of qualifying degree.||2020|
|Int. M. Sc./ Int. B.S-M.S||Candidate must have completed Integrated M.Sc. or 5 year integrated BS/MS program||Completed or currently pursuing 4th year of qualifying degree||2020|
|B.Sc. (Research)/ B.S.||Candidates must possess Bachelor degree in Science (Post-Diploma /4 years after 10+2).||Completed or pursuing final year of qualifying degree.||2020|
|B. Arch.||Candidate must be a Bachelor degree holder of Architecture (5 years course)||Completed or pursuing in the final year of qualifying degree.||2020|
|M. Sc./ MCA / M.A or equivalent||Candidate should have Master’s degree in any branch of Mathematics/ Science / Computer Applications/ Statistics/ or equivalent||Completed or Currently in final year of qualifying degree.||2020|
|Int. M.E./ M. Tech. or Dual Degree|
(after Diploma or 10+2)
|Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Technology/ Engineering (Five year program)||Already completed or pursuing 4th/5th year.||2021|
|Int. M.E/ M. Tech (Post-B.Sc.)||Applicant must have a Post-BSc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering /Technology (4 year program)||Completed or pursuing in the 2nd / 3rd /4th year||2022|
|Professional Society Examination(equivalent to B.E./B. Tech./ B. Arch)||Candidates should hold certificate of B.E/B.Tech /B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by UPSC / MHRD /AICTE||Completed section A or equivalent of such professional Programmes||NA|
GATE Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates, who are planning to appear in the GATE 2020 examination, should know about the examination pattern. The following information has been collected based on available facts:
- Total Papers:GATE 2020 exam will be held for 23 subjects/papers.
- Exam mode: The exam will be held through online mode only i.e. Computer based test.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of GATE exam will be 3.00 hours.
- Number of Questions:Every question paper will contain 65 questions carrying 100 marks
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT) question.
- Marking Scheme: MCQ and NAT type questions will carry 1 and 2 marks respectively. There will be negative marking for MCQ type questions and 1/3rd mark will be deducted for the wrong attempt. However, no negative marking for NAT type questions.
- In the papers containing the codes AE, AG, CS, BT, CE, CH, EC, PE, PI, EE, ME, IN, MN, MT, TF and XE, the General Aptitude will contain 15% of the total marks, Engineering Mathematics will contain 15% of the total marks and the rest 70% of the total marks is dedicated to the subject of the paper.
- For papers with codes CY, EY, AR, PH, MA, GG, and XL, 85% of total marks will be from General Aptitude section and rest 15% will be based on subject of the paper.
CLICK HERE for GATE Exam Pattern Details
List of Papers with corresponding Codes
|Textile Engineering and Fiber Science||TF||Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI||Electrical Engineering||EE|
|Physics||PH||Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Metallurgical Engineering||MT||Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Mining Engineering||MN||Chemical Engineering||CH|
|Mechanical Engineering||ME||Civil Engineering||CE|
|Aerospace Engineering||AE||Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Life Sciences||XL||Agricultural Engineering||AG|
GATE Exam Preparation Tips
Aspirants can check GATE preparation tips below:
- First candidates should obtain GATE 2020 official notification from the GATE website.
- Go through the GATE exam pattern and syllabus in detail.
- Candidates should identify the important topics from the syllabus and focus on them passionately.
- Make a proper time table for study and follow it properly.
- Also, check previous year question papers and solve them.
- Collect some good books and notes for preparation of GATE exam.
- Take care of your health as it is important to stay fit for better preparation.
All the candidates who are going to participating in the GATE 2020 exam should know the syllabus of the exam. Obtain official GATE information bulletin for detailed information on GATE syllabus. The syllabus for each paper will be different. General Aptitude section is common for all papers along with questions from the concerned subject. Candidates should have strong command on the concerned subjects in respect of the GATE exam.
The competent authority will publish GATE 2020 result on its official website and it will be announced probably in the month of March 2020. Candidates can download the GATE result from the official website. Candidates have to enter roll number and date of birth in the concerned field in the website to download the result. After downloading the result take printout of the result and keep it safe for further admission process.
GATE Counselling 2020
It is important to clarify here that there is no centralize counselling process for admission in M. Tech./M. Arch./M. Plan courses after GATE exam. The applicants have to report to the individual institute for admission as per their admission notification. Institute will publish the admission notification as per their admission schedule. Candidates should be aware about the admission process. Keep checking official website of the desired IITs, IISc for timely information.
Official Website: http://gate.iitd.ac.in/
Stay tuned for more for information on GATE 2020 Exam.