CTET 2020 examination scheduled has been announced. The detailed notification for Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2020 will be released soon on official website. The CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education), New Delhi will conduct CTET exam. The CTET July 2020 exam is scheduled to held 5th July 2020. Aspirants must fulfil the prescribed eligibility conditions in order to appear in the CTET exam. You can also check here all the relevant information including application form date, examination date, eligibility criteria for the exam, exam pattern and important dates etc. All those who are willing to appear CTET 2020 exam, must apply online within the stipulated time frame.
CTET July 2020 Exam is scheduled to be held on 5th July 2020. Registration process is starting from 24th January and will close on 24th February 2020. Aspirants can check here detailed information below.
CTET 2020 Notification: Released
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has released the CTET 2020 exam dates on its CTET official website.
- CTET 2020 online registration will start from 24th January 2020.
- The registration process will close on 24th February 2020. Interested candidates must apply before the last date. Click here to check application form details.
- After the release of the notification, we will update crucial information regarding the exam here in this article.
CTET 2020: An Overview of the Exam
The competent authority i.e. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi will conduct the CTET exam on scheduled date and time. The Board has released CTET notification 2020 on its official website. Interested candidates can visit detailed information from the official website. Check quick facts about the CTET 2020 exam in the table below:
|Exam Name||Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) 2020|
|Regulating Authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Test Mode||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper Based|
|Test Duration||2.30 Hours|
|Total Questions||150 MCQs|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Registration will start from||24th January 2020|
|Closing date of registration||24th February 2020|
|Application Fee||General/OBC candidates-Rs.700/- (Paper-I/Paper-II) & Rs.1200/- for both papers. |
SC/ST/PwD Category-Rs.350/- (Paper-I/Paper-II) & Rs.600 for both papers.
|Fee payment mode||Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card|
|Date of Entrance Exam||5th July 2020|
|Announcement of result||27th July 2020|
CTET 2020 Exam: Important Dates
Interested candidates who are preparing for CTET 2020, must apply before the due date. The official dates for the CTET July 2020 exam has been announced and the same has been updated in the table below.
|Events of the Exam||Dates (Released)|
|Submission of online application form will start from||24th January 2020|
|Closing date of application form||24th February 2020|
|Last date for payment of application fee using debit/credit card or E-challan||27th February 2020|
|Crucial date for correction/modification in application form||17th to 24th March 2020|
|Admit Card issuance date||3rd week of June 2020|
|Date of CTET entrance test||5th July 2020 (Sunday)|
|Answer key release date||23rd July 2020|
|Result will be declared on||27th July 2020|
|CTET Certificate/Marks statement will be issued||August 2020|
CTET Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must ensure their eligibility for CTET 2020 exam before filling up an online application form. The prescribed eligibility criteria are as under:
Criteria for Primary Level (Class I to V)
- Candidates should have completed senior secondary (12th) or its equivalent exam with at least 50% marks and passed or pursuing the final year of two-year diploma in elementary education. OR
- Passed senior secondary or its equivalent exam with at least 45% marks aggregate and completed or pursuing the final year of two-year diploma course in elementary education as per NCTE Regulations 2002. OR
- Completed senior secondary or equivalent exam securing at least 50% marks and cleared or pursuing the final year of four years Bachelor of Elementary Education. OR
- Applicant should have qualified senior secondary or its equivalent exam with securing at least 50% marks and completed or pursuing in the final year of two-year diploma programme of Education. OR
- Candidates having graduation degree and passed or pursuing the final year of two-year diploma programme in Elementary Education.
Criteria for Elementary Level (Class VI to VIII)
- Applicants must be a graduate and cleared or pursuing the final year of 2-year diploma in elementary education. OR
- He/she should possess graduation degree securing 50% marks and passed or pursuing Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) one year course. OR
- Graduation with at least 45% marks and completed or pursuing B.Ed. one year programme as per NCTE Rules and Regulations. OR
- Passed senior secondary or equivalent exam obtaining at least 50% marks and completed or pursuing last year of four years Bachelor degree in elementary education. OR
- Candidates passed senior secondary or equivalent exam obtaining at least 50% marks and completed or pursuing last year of four years programme of B.A. or B.Sc.Ed./B.Sc.Ed./ B.A. Ed. OR
- Graduation with at least 50% marks and completed or pursuing B.Ed. one year programme.
CTET Application Form 2020
Candidates who are meeting the above eligibility requirements can submit the CTET application form before the due date. The important guidelines to submit CTET Application Form 2020 are as under:
- CTET 2020 application form will be available online in the month of February or March 2020 for the exam scheduled to be held in the month of May 2020.
- Candidates have to access the official website i.e. www.ctet.nic.in for an online application form.
- Click on the “Apply Online” link at the official portal.
- Read all the instructions carefully and click on the “Proceed to Apply Online” link.
- Now fill the entire application form and provide each and every detail asked therein.
- The application form should be filled completely and correctly.
- Candidates must remember that any filed should not be left blank.
- Candidates also need to upload a scanned passport size photograph and signature with the specifications given.
- You also have to make payment of the requisite application fee in order to complete the application form.
- Submit the application form at the end and take at least one printout of the application form or confirmation page for future reference.
- Candidates belonging to the General/OBC (NCL) category will have to pay Rs.1000 for Paper-I or Paper-II and Rs. 1200/- for both papers.
- SC/ST/PH candidates will be required to pay Rs.500 for Paper-I or Paper-II and Rs.600 for both papers.
- The application fee can be paid using debit/credit card, e-Challan, and net banking.
- The fee will not be refunded in any case.
Candidates should be fully conversant with the examination pattern to qualify the exam. Read complete information brochure from the official website of the concerned authority. Check the following facts about the CTET exam pattern:
- CTET 2020 exam will consist of objective type questions having four alternatives.
- Both Paper-I and Paper-II will be of 2.30 hours.
- Paper-I and Paper-II will comprise 150 questions.
- Each question will carry one mark and for each correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded.
- Negative marking is not applicable in this exam.
- The subject wise availability of questions in both the paper are as under:
Paper-I: Primary Level
|S.No.||Subject Section||Number of questions||Max Marks|
|1.||Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|2.||Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|3.||Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
Paper-II: Elementary Level
|S.No.||Subject Section||Number of questions||Max Marks|
|1.||Child Development and Pedagogy (compulsory)||30||30|
|2.||Language I (compulsory)||30||30|
|3.||Language II (compulsory)||30||30|
|4.||Mathematics and Science (for Maths and Science Teacher)|
Social Studies/Social Science (for Social Studies/Social Science Teacher)
CTET Syllabus 2020
The official information brochure for CTET 2020 will have the information about the syllabus of the exam. Candidates can download the same from the official portal. Information about the CTET syllabus will be helpful for the candidates during the preparation of the exam. Candidates should prepare according to the syllabus and also have good command over the subject concerned. The syllabus details will be as per the following pattern:
- Child Development and Pedagogy: Language & Thought, Motivation, and learning, Heredity & Environment, Addressing learners from diverse backgrounds, Principles of children development, etc.
- Language: Learning and acquisition, grammar, Language comprehension, Reading unseen passages, inference, Pedagogy of Language Development, Remedial Teaching, etc.
- Mathematics: Language of Mathematics, Series, Geometry, Time & Work, Division, Data Handling, Volume, Community Mathematics, Patterns and Problems of Teaching etc.
- Environmental Studies: Water, Food, Shelter, Travel, scope & significance of EVS, Family, and Friends, Learning Principles, Concept etc.
- Science: Innovation, Materials, Food, Problems, Understanding & Appreciating Science, Natural Resources etc.
- Social Studies/ Social Sciences: Concept & Nature of Social Science, Social and Political Life, History, Geography, Pedagogical issues etc.
CTET Preparation Tips 2020
The aspirants need to make a preparation strategy in order to crack the CTET 2020 exam. Here candidates can check some of tips for CTET preparation as under:
- First of all, aspirants should collect the CTET exam details including eligibility, application process, examination scheme, syllabus and selection process etc.
- Obtain CTET Official Advertisement from the website and read complete details about CTET exam pattern and syllabus.
- After going through the examination scheme, candidates must prepare a study plan for the exam preparation.
- Make a timetable in a way that all the subject topics are covered.
- It is recommended to collect some good books based on CTET exam and practice accordingly.
- Candidates can solve previous year’s questions papers to understand the pattern of questions, difficulty level of the exam etc.
- During the preparation, you can make notes of the important topics which can be revised later.
- Candidates should focus on all the important topics and try to go through the entire syllabus.
- Practice hard and take care of yourself as it is very important to stay fit.
- The admit card for CTET exam will be available online at the official portal.
- Candidates can obtain their respective admit card from the website by providing registration number and date of birth in the required field.
- CTET admit card will consist of crucial information like name of candidates, date of birth, date of exam, venue of exam and instructions for the exam.
- After downloading the admit card, candidates must match the particulars to check whether the admit card belongs to you or not.
- If anyone finds the discrepancies in the admit card, report it to the concerned authority without any delay.
- It is mandatory to bring admit card while appearing in the exam otherwise candidate cannot appear in the exam.
- Keep a copy of admit card preserved till the entire examination process gets over.
CTET 2020 Answer Keys
The answer keys of the CTET 2020 exam will be published on the official website The CBSE will release the answer keys of all sets of question papers within the specified time limit. Candidates can obtain the answer keys from the website easily. After obtaining the answer keys, candidates can assess their performance in the exam. If anyone found any discrepancy in the answer sheet, it may be reported to the competent authority before the given date. Final result will be declared later on the official website.
CTET 2020 Result
The result of the CTET 2020 exam will be declared probably in the month of July 2020. The candidates can check CTET result online at the official website. However, we will also provide a direct link to access the CTET result. To download the result, candidates have to enter their Roll Number/Registration Number and Date of Birth in the required field at the official portal. Take a printout of the result for future reference.
Those who will obtain minimum qualifying marks will be invited to attend the Interview. If any candidate found ineligible at any stage even after qualifying the test, the competent authority has all rights reserved to cancel his/her candidature.
CTET 2020 Exam Summary
- CTET 2020 Exam is likely to be held in the month of May 2020. The registration process may start in the month of February or March 2020.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education will release notification on the official website only.
- Registration for CTET 2020 exam can be done through online mode only. No printed version of the application form will be available.
- The candidates must have a valid e-mail ID and mobile for online registration and submitting application form.
- Communication with the applicants will be made on the registered e-mail ID and Mobile number.
- Payment of the application fee can be submitted through online mode like net banking, debit/credit card etc.
- There is no need to send the printout of the confirmation page or filled in the application form to the CTET authority.
- After the due date, no application form can be submitted. The registration link will be deactivated.
- The applicants have to score minimum 60% marks in the CTET exam for qualifying the exam.
- Eligible candidates as per the CTET result will get an eligibility certificate from the CBSE.
Here candidates can check some frequently asked question about CTET exam below:
Question: How to submit CTET application form?
Answer: The applicants can apply online on the official website. We will update registration dates soon after release of the notification. Application form details are given above.
Question: What is the official website for applying to CTET 2020 exam?
Answer: The official website of the CTET is https://ctet.nic.in/. Applicants can visit this website for submit online application form.
Question: What will happen if anyone submits more than one application form?
Answer: More than one application form will be rejected. No application form will be considered. Hence, submit only one application form.
Question: How can I pay the application fee?
Answer: Application fee can be paid through online mode such as net banking, credit/debit card.
Question: Is it compulsory to have a printout of the confirmation page of the application form?
Answer: Yes, we recommend the applicants to keep printout of application form safely for future reference if required.
Question: Can I correct the particulars of application form later if there are mistakes in it?
Answer: No, after submission of the application form, particulars cannot be changed. However, changes can be made within a specified time schedule.
Question: Registration fee is paid but it is not processed as I am failed to get confirmation page. How to complete the application process?
Answer: It may happen due to server connectivity, there is no need to worry. Contact the helpline desk and it will be resolved.
CTET Contact Details
Central Teacher Eligibility Tests (CTET) Unit
PS 1-2, Institutional Area, I.P. Extension,
Patparganj, Delhi- 110092
Stay connected with us for more information on CTET 2020 Exam.