CDS 2020: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts CDS (Combined Defence Services) examination twice in a year. It is a national level entrance exam for selecting the eligible candidates in Defence Services. The candidates who want to join the Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy, can apply online for CDS exam. Candidates have to practice hard to qualify this exam because it is a tough exam to crack. A large number of applicants aspiring to join Indian Defence Services appears in this exam each year.
Interested applicants can apply for CDS exam through online mode at the official website of the UPSC. The relevant information in respect of CDS 2020 exam date, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus are provided below in this article.
CDS 2020 Notification
- The competent authority i.e. UPSC will publish notification for CDS 2020 exam on its official website.
- The registration process for CDS (1) 2020 exam will commence from the month of November 2019.
- Aspirants can apply till December 2019. Everyone should submit the application form before the last date.
CDS 2020 Exam Dates
The candidates can check tentative dates with regard to the CDS 2020 exam in the table below:
|Official notification will be released on||November 2019|
|Submission of online application form will commence from||November 2019|
|Last date for receipt of application form||December 2019|
|Admit card will be issued||January 2020|
|Entrance exam date||February 2020|
|Result Announcement||May 2020|
|Official notification will be released on||August 2020|
|Submission of online application form will commence from||September 2020|
|Last date for receipt of application form||September 2020|
|Admit card will be issued||November 2020|
|Entrance exam date||November 2020|
|Result Announcement||December 2020|
Quick Overview of the CDS 2020 Exam
Here you can check a complete overview of the CDS 2020 exam in one frame:
|Name of the exam||
Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination
|Exam conducting authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Date of CDS (I) 2020 Exam||February 2020|
|Mode of application form||Online|
|Registration for online application will commence from||November 2019|
|Last date for submission of application form||December 2019|
Rs.200 for each candidate (However, SC/ST/female candidates are exempted to pay the application fee)
|Fee Payment Mode||
Net Banking/ Visa/Master/ Rupay Credit /Debit Card or through cash deposit at SBI branch
|Availability of admit card||One or two weeks prior to the exam|
|Type of question||Multiple choices in nature|
|Carry items like||
Clip Board or Hard Board, Black ballpoint pen for marking answers, admit card, identity card, passport size photograph and wrist watch
|Do not use||
Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Pagers or any other communication device inside the exam hall
CDS Eligibility Criteria
We recommend all the candidates, before applying online must check the eligibility conditions carefully. The prescribed eligibility criteria for CDS 2020 exam are:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India or
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal or
- A Tibetan refugee who came here to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle down here permanently or
- An Indian origin person migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African Countries viz. Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, the United Republic of Tanzania and Vietnam with the intention to settle down here permanently.
- Candidates must submit the certificate of eligibility in case of point No. (ii) to (iv).
Age Limit and Marital Status
- For IMA (Indian Military Academy): Unmarried male candidates who are born between 2nd January 1997 to 1st January 2002 are eligible to apply.
- For INA (Indian Naval Academy): Unmarried male candidates who are born between 2nd January 1997 to 1st January 2002 are eligible.
- Air Force Academy: Candidate’s age must be 20 to 24 years as on 1st January 2020. It means candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd January 1997 and not later than 1st January 2001. Candidates having valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) are relaxed up to 26 years (i.e. born between 2nd January 1995 to 1st January 2001) are eligible to apply. Candidates below 25 years must be unmarried and marriage is not allowed during the training period.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Unmarried male candidates born between 2nd January 1996 to 1st January 2002 are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women Non-technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (having possession of divorce document) who have not remarried are eligible to apply. They should have born between 2nd January 1996 and 1st January 2002.
- For Indian Military Academy and Officers’ Training Academy– A degree holder from a recognized university or equivalent will be eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy– A degree holder in Engineering from a recognized university/Institution will be eligible.
- Air Force Academy– Bachelor of Engineering or a degree holder from any recognized university with Physics and Mathematics at intermediate (10+2) level.
- Candidates who are in final semester/year of degree course can also apply provided that they should submit the provisional certificate of the graduation at the time of interview or at the time of commencement of course.
Physical and Mental Standard
Applicant must be physically and mentally sound in respect of the criteria prescribed for the Combined Defence Service Examination.
CDS Application Form 2020
All the application should ensure their eligibility as per the criteria mentioned above. The application form will consist of two parts i.e. Part-I and Part-II. Candidates need to go through both parts in order to submit the application form. Check the following information with regard to the CDS application form:
- The notification for submission of online application form for both CDS-I and CDS-II 2020 exam will be published on the official website of the UPSC in the month of November 2019 and August 2020 respectively.
- CDS 2020 application form can be submitted via online mode only at the official website.
- Submit only one application, the Commission will not entertain more than one application.
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the UPSC for registration.
- The registration process will consist of two parts i.e. Part-I and Part-II.
- Fill all the details carefully and submit the application form.
To complete the registration process for the CDS 2020 exam, one need to pay the application fee of Rs. 200/-. However, all female candidates and candidate belonging to SC/ST category are exempted from paying the application fee. One can make payment of fee using Net Banking, Debit Card/Credit Card or by cash at SBI Bank.
CDS Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates must be aware of the scheme of examination because it will help during the entrance test. Preparation in the right way is always helpful. It is very important to stay fit whether it is physically or mentally. Candidate should know the selection process. Check CDS exam pattern below:
Exam Pattern for admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy:
|Subject||Exam duration||Max Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
Exam Pattern for admission to officers’ Training Academy:
|Subject||Exam duration||Max Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
Highlights of the CDS Exam Pattern
- CDS exam will be held in offline mode.
- All the questions will objection type in nature.
- The language of the question paper will be English and Hindi.
- Negative marking is applicable hence, do not attempt questions blindly.
- Answer sheet should be clean and wrinkle-free.
- Answers should be circled properly, improper marking of the circle will not be considered.
CDS Syllabus 2020
The Union Public Service Commission will set the syllabus of CDS 2020 exam. The syllabus will include English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics. Candidates can check official notification for syllabus in detail. Go through the complete syllabus and prepare accordingly.
CDS Admit Card 2020
The Commission will issue the admit card of CDS 2020 examination to the eligible candidates. The admit card will be available at the official website of the UPSC. Candidates have to download the admit card well in time before the commencement of written exam. No hard copy of admit card will be available in any medium. It is mandatory to bring admit card along at the time of examination.
CDS 2020 Answer Key
The answer key of the written exam will be available after completion of the CDS 2020 exam. Candidates can get the answer key from the official website of the UPSC. Applicants can check their answer once they get the answer keys. The answer key is very helpful to presume the result. Accordingly, the applicant can prepare for further stages.
CDS 2020 Result
The result of the CDS 2020 exam will be announced according to schedule. The commission will declare the result of written exam first. Those who will qualify the written exam will further need to appear in the SSB/Interview. The recruitment authority will prepare the final result on the basis of score secured in written exam and performance in SSB/Interview. Accordingly, candidates will receive their result at the official website.
CDS Selection Process
Candidates need to qualify the written test of the CDS 2020 exam and must score good marks. Then, the candidates have to face SSB/Interview followed by medical examination. Final selection will depend on candidates’ overall performance throughout the exam.
Candidates will also go through the physical and medical test before final selection. At the end of the Interview, the competent authority will also verify the documents of the candidates.
Stay tuned to Careerindiainfo.in for more information on CDS 2020 Exam.