CDS 2019 (I) Notification has been released. Combined Defence Services (CDS) exam is popular national level recruitment exam through which eligible candidates can join Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is the exam conducting authority which conducts the CDS exam twice in a year. CDS-I and CDS-II exam 2019 will be held in the month of February and September 2019. Aspirants must collect the complete information about the CDS exam before applying online. It requires a lot of hard work and practice for qualifying the CDS exam as the CDS exam is one of the toughest recruitment exams. Candidates must start preparation well in advance before the announcement of exam dates.
Aspirants who want to appear in CDS exam should go through various aspect of the exam such eligibility criteria, application process, examination scheme, and important dates etc. The CDS-I and CDS-II exams are scheduled to be held on 3rd February 2019 and 8th September 2019 respectively as per the UPSC’s calendar. In this regard, applicants can check relevant information regarding CDS 2019 exam in this article below.
CDS 2019 Notification-Released
- The notification of CDS 2019 exam has been released now. Candidates can check the official website of the UPSC to check the detailed notice.
- The submission of the CDS-I 2019 application form has been commenced from 31st October 2018.
- The registration process will close on 26th November 2018. Aspirants are recommended to apply within the prescribed time limit. Click here to check application form details.
- You must know there will be two exams in the year 2019 i.e. CDS-I and CDS-II exam. As per the official calendar of the UPSC, CDS-I exam is scheduled to be held on 3rd February 2019 and CDS-II on 8th September 2019.
CDS 2019 Exam Overview
|Exam Name||Combined Defence Service (CDS) 2019|
|Regulating authority||The UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)|
|Date of CDS-I 2019 Exam||3rd February 2019|
|Commence of the registration process||31st October 2018|
|Last date for applying online||26th November 2018|
Rs.200/-(SC/ST and female candidates are exempted hence, they need not pay the application fee)
|Mode of Payment||Net Banking/ Debit Card/Credit Card of E-Challan|
|Release of Hall Ticket||Two or three weeks before the date of exam|
|Nature of questions||Objective Type Questions|
Yes, it is applicable. 1/3rd marks will be deducted as penalty for each wrong answer.
|Do not forget to carry||
Admit Card, Identity Proof, Blue/Black Ball Point Pen, Passport Size Photograph, Wrist Watch etc.
Cell Phone, Any Bluetooth Device, Calculator, Pagers/any electronic device inside the exam centre.
CDS 2019 Exam Dates
The candidates can check crucial dates of the CDS 2019 exam in the table below. The Union Public Service Commission has published official notification for CDS-I 2019 on its official website. Interested candidates can check important dates in the table below. Check the CDS exam 2019 schedule below:
|Events||Dates for CDS-I||Dates for CDS-II|
|Official information brochure will be released||31st October 2018||12th June 2019|
|Submission of online application form will begin from||31st October 2018||12th June 2019|
|Last date for applying online||26th November 2018||8th July 2019|
|Availability of admit card/hall ticket||2nd week of March 2019||2nd week of August 2019|
|Exam date||3rd February 2019||8th September 2019|
|Declaration of Result||March 2019||October 2019|
CDS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must verify their eligibility to appear in the entrance test. The prescribed CDS eligibility criteria are as under:
- Candidates must be an Indian citizen, or
- A subject of Bhutan/Nepal or
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1st, 1962 with an intention to settle here permanently, or
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka & East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zaire & Ethiopia, Zambia or Vietnam with an intention to settle here permanently. C
- Candidates other than Indian citizen must obtain the certificate of eligibility from the concerned department of the Government of India. However, candidates belonging to Gorkha subjects of Nepal are exempted to produce the certificate of eligibility.
Age Limit and Marital Status
- Indian Military Academy (IMA): Unmarried male candidates, born between 2nd January 1996 to 1st January 2001 are eligible.
- Indian Naval Academy (INA): Unmarried male candidates, born between 2nd January 1996 to 1st January 2001 are eligible.
- Air Force Academy (AFA): The age of the candidate must be within 20 to 24 years as on crucial date i.e. 1st January 2020. Therefore, candidates born between 2nd January 1996 and 1st January 2000 are eligible to apply. Upper age limit for the candidates having current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA is relaxed upto 26 years, hence, such candidates must be born between 2nd January 1994 to 1st January 2000.
Note: Candidates below the age of 25 years must be unmarried and marriage is not allowed during the training period.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Unmarried male candidates, who are born between 2nd January 1995 to 1st January 2001 will be eligible to apply.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women Non-technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (having possession of divorce document) who have not remarried are eligible to apply. Such candidates must be born between 2nd January 1995 and 1st January 2001.
- Indian Military Academy and Officers’ Training Academy– Candidates must possess a bachelor degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Indian Naval Academy– Candidates having a bachelor degree in Engineering from a recognized university/Institution will be eligible for CDS exam.
- Air Force Academy– Bachelor of Engineering or a graduation degree with Physics and Mathematics subjects at 10+2 level from a recognized institute/University.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam in the final semester/year of degree course will also be eligible provided that candidate should submit a provisional pass certificate during the interview or in the later stage of selection process.
Physical and Mental Standard
- Apart from fulfilling the above-mentioned eligibility conditions, candidates should be physically and mentally fit and should fulfill all the physical standards prescribed for the CDS exam.
CDS 2019 Application Form
Candidates eligible as per the criteria mentioned above should apply online. The CDS application form will be available online at the official website of the UPSC. Interested candidates can apply as per the given schedule. Candidates should submit only one application at a time. The application form will consist of two parts i.e. Part-I and Part-II. Be careful while making entries in the application form. Candidates also need to upload scanned photograph and signature as per specification given. Pay the requisite application fee. Verify all entries in the application form then proceed for submitting the application form.
- Everyone must pay the application fee in order to submit the application form.
- The CDS application fee is Rs.200/-
- All female candidates and candidates belonging to reserved category are exempted to pay the application fee.
- Applicants can pay fee through online mode i.e. via net banking, debit/credit card or bank challan.
- The fee is non-refundable and any request to return the application fee will not be entertained.
CDS Exam Pattern 2019
The candidates are recommended to prepare as per the examination scheme and syllabus. Check the following information with regard to CDS 2019 examination pattern:
- The CDS exam will be conducted in offline mode i.e. Pen & Paper based mode.
- Questions will be multiple choices in nature.
- Questions paper will be available in both Hindi and English except English section.
- The penalty of 1/3rd marks will be imposed on the wrong attempt as the negative marking is applicable.
- The answer sheet must be clean and wrinkle-free.
- Candidates are recommended to circle answer properly as the OMR sheets are checked by machines and improper marking of circle may not evaluate by the machine.
Exam Pattern for admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy:
|Subject Section||Max Marks||Test Duration|
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
|Elementary Mathematics||100||2 hours|
Exam Pattern for admission to officers’ Training Academy:
|Subject Section||Max Marks||Test Duration|
|General Knowledge||100||2 hours|
CDS Preparation Tips 2019
The aspirants should have a strategy to crack the CDS exam and in order to do so, one must make a preparation plan. There are a huge number of applicants participates in this exam as the Defence sector jobs attract the Indian Youth. Hence, everyone must focus on preparation and should set a goal of achieving a higher rank in the written exam as well as subsequent stages. Here candidates can check CDS 2019 preparation tips below:
- First of all, the applicants must collect complete information about CDS selection process.
- Candidates must be aware of the pattern of preliminary exam, main exam and group discussion etc.
- Go through the CDS syllabus and understand the same in details.
- Now prepare a study timetable assigning a sufficient time to different subject/topics.
- Purchase some CDS Sample Paper books from the market and practice the same on regular basis.
- Also, collect previous year exam question papers and solve them time to time and try to speed up practice.
- Practicing previous year questions and sample papers will help you guys to understand the pattern of questions, difficulty level, and important topics etc.
- You must take care of physical and mental health for better preparation.
- We recommend candidates not to take preparation easy you must be focused and should understand that qualifying CDS exam is a hard nut to crack.
CDS Syllabus 2019
The Union Public Service Commission will publish syllabus of the exam through its CDS 2019 notification at the official website. Candidates can download the information brochure form the website. The syllabus will consist of various chapters from General Knowledge, Elementary Mathematics and English. Candidates recommended to start the preparation well in advance as per the prescribed syllabus.
CDS Admit Card 2019
- The Commission will issue admit card or hall ticket to the eligible candidates before the exam.
- The admit card will be available on the official website of the UPSC prior to the examination.
- Candidates can download the admit card with the help of registration ID and date of birth.
- The competent authority will not send any hard copy of the admit card to any individual.
- Must bring admit card along with identity proof on the day of the exam.
CDS Exam Centre
The UPSC has all the rights reserved to allot any test centre to the applicants. However, candidates can opt exam centre as per the preference during submission of the application form. Generally the test centre are allotted on the basis of the choice filled by the candidates. No request for change of test centre will be entertained after submission of the application form. Hence, fill the exam centre preference very carefully. Check the test CDS centre details below:
CDS 2019 Answer Key
- Candidates can find CDS 2019 answer keys on the official website of the UPSC after the commencement of exam.
- Check official website time to time for the update in this regard.
- Candidates will be in a position to count his/her score. The answer keys will be helpful to the candidates to match their answers.
- If the candidate finds any discrepancy in the answer keys, he/she can report it to the competent authority within the specified time.
CDS 2019 Result
Candidates can check their respective result on the official website of the UPSC. The Commission will publish CDS 2019 result at an appropriate time on its official website. Qualified candidates of the written exam, will further need to go through SSC/Interview. The authority will declare the final result of the exam after analyzing the overall performance of the candidates.
CDS Selection Process
- Selection of eligible candidates includes written exam score, performance in SSB/interview and medical fitness.
- First, candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of written exam score.
- Then those who will secure their names in the merit list will have to face SSB/Interview.
- After qualifying SSB/Interview, the candidate will go through a medical examination.
- Document verification will also be done at the end.
- The competent authority has all rights reserved to select of cancel candidature of the candidates.
Official Website: https://upsconline.nic.in/
Stay tuned to Careerindiainfo.in for more information on CDS 2019 Exam.