Allahabad University Admission 2020 process is likely to commence from the month of April 2020 onwards. The university offers admissions into numerous UG, PG and research courses like BA, B.Sc, B.Com, M.Sc, M.Com, etc. The application forms for admission will be released through online mode and the candidates can fill their form on the official website. However, candidates must meet the basic eligibility requirement for the concerned course. Selection of the candidates into UG, PG and research courses will be done on the basis of entrance tests UGAT, PGAT and CRET respectively. We recommend the aspirants to collect complete information about the admission procedure before submitting the application form. Here candidates can check crucial information regarding the Allahabad University 2020-21 Admission Process.
Allahabad University 2020-21: Exam Dates
Check below the tentative dates related to Allahabad University Admission 2020. Actual dates will be updated later after release of the official notification:
|For UGAT||For PGAT||For CRET|
|Release of online application form||2nd week of April 2020||3rd week of April 2020||4th week of April 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||1st week of May 2020||2nd week of May 2020||3rd week of May 2020|
|Issue of admit card||3rd week of May 2020||3rd week of May 2020||2nd week of June 2020|
|Date of admission test||Last week of May 2020||4th week of May 2020||2nd week of June 2020|
|Announcement of result||2nd week of June 2020||Yet to be notified||Yet to be notified|
|Commencement of admission process||3rd week of June 2020||Yet to be notified||Yet to be notified|
Allahabad University 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The course-wise eligibility criteria for Allahabad University Admission 2020 are given below. Candidates are recommended to go through following information carefully and then apply as per the instructions:
- Sc: Candidates passed in class 12th with Science stream from a recognized board is required.
- Com: Those who have completed class 12th with Science or Commerce stream from a recognized board are eligible to apply.
- BA (Music), BPA: Applicants who clear their class 12th exam with Music as a subject or its equivalent can apply.
- BA Urdu: The candidates who clear their class 12th exam with Urdu as a subject or its equivalent can apply.
- BA Geography: Candidates who clear their class 12th exam with Geography as a subject or its equivalent can apply.
- MA (other than Anthropology): The candidate should have passed the BA degree from a recognized university.
- Com: Those who have passed B.Com/B.Sc/B.Sc (Honors) are eligible to apply.
- Sc. (other than Applied Geology, Anthropology, Bio-Chemistry and Computer Science): Candidates passed in B.Sc. exam will be eligible.
- Sc. Biochemistry: Applicants should have passed B.Sc. with Chemistry/ Biochemistry as one a subject in first, second and third year along with other life science subjects, or B.Sc (Honors) in Chemistry/ Biochemistry with other life science subjects.
- Sc. in Agricultural Science (Agricultural Botany/ Agricultural Chemistry & Soil Science/ Agricultural Zoology & Entomology): Those candidates are eligible who have passed B.Sc. (Agriculture) from a recognized university.
- Candidates with a postgraduate degree scoring at least 55% marks in aggregate (50% marks in case of OBC/ SC/ ST/ PH candidates) can apply.
- The minimum average score in the entire academic career should be 54% marks (49% marks in case of SC/ ST / PH candidates).
- Not more than one III division in the academic career before graduation is permissible.
Allahabad University 2020 Application Form
The candidates can check following guidelines with regard to the application form for Allahabad University Admission 2020:
- The application form for Allahabad University Admission 2020 will be released in online mode on the official website.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal, qualification, and other basic details.
- Scanned copies of candidate’s photograph and signature will also be uploaded in the application form.
- The candidates must provide only correct details in the application form as incorrect form might be rejected.
- After filling the application form completely, the applicants can submit it along with the prescribed application fee.
- Payment of application fee can be done online using credit card, debit card or net banking.
- Candidates are suggested to keep a printout of the application form in case of future reference.
The application fees for the different admission tests conducted are given below:
|Admission Test||Application fee|
|For general/ OBC candidates||For SC/ ST/ PH candidates|
|UGAT||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 400/-|
|PGAT I||Rs. 800/-||Rs. 400/-|
|PGAT II||Rs. 1600/-||Rs. 800/-|
|CRET||Rs. 1600/-||Rs. 800/-|
Allahabad University 2020 Exam Pattern
Details of the Allahabad University exam pattern are given below. Candidates can check information here and should prepare as per the prescribed exam pattern:
For UGAT & PGAT:
- Mode of exam: The exam will be held in both online as well as offline mode.
- UGAT: Online
- PGAT I: Both online & offline
- PGAT II: Offline only
- Test duration: Both the exams will be of 2 hours duration.
- Number of questions: There will be total 150 questions in the paper.
- Type of questions: All the questions will be objective type in nature.
- Total marks: Test paper will be of 300 marks.
- Marking scheme: 2 marks will be given for each correct answer while each wrong attempt will cost 0.5 marks.
|Course||Topics||No. of questions|
|BA, BFA, BPA||English or Hindi||25|
|General Mental Ability||25|
|B.Sc||English or Hindi||20|
|B.Com, B.Sc. (Home Science)||English or Hindi||25|
|Commerce/ Home Science||100|
|Test||Topics||No. of questions|
|PGAT I||General Awareness, General English, General Hindi, Logical Reasoning and Mental Ability||50|
|PGAT II||General Studies||50|
- Number of papers: 2 (Paper I & Paper II)
- Test duration: 2 hours & 30 minutes
- Number of questions: 53
- Type of questions: Both subjective & objective
- Total marks: 300
- No negative marking
|Paper||Topics||No. of questions||Maximum marks||Duration|
|Paper I||Research Methodology||50||100||30 min|
|Paper II||Subject Related||3||200||120 min|
Allahabad University Admission 2020: Admit Card
- Admit card for the entrance tests will be made available on the official websites www.aupravesh2020.com or www.allduniv.ac.in.
- Applicants can download their admit card by providing their application ID and date of birth.
- Only those applicants whose registration form is complete in all respect will be able to download their admit card.
- A printout of the application from should be taken by the candidates to carry to the exam center.
- The university will not in any case provide the admit card through post or at the university campus.
Allahabad University 2020 Result/Counseling
- Result of the admission tests will be announced according to their own schedule and can be checked from the official website.
- On the basis of score obtained in the test, merit lists of the qualified candidates will be prepared.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to attend the Counselling process, the details of which will be communicated further through the website.
- Original certificates of the candidates will be verified and seats will be allotted at the time of counseling.
- Candidates selected as per the seat allotment, have to report to the allotted institute and complete the formalities of admissions.
Stay connected with us for more details on Allahabad University Admission 2020.