XAT 2020: The Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is university level entrance test which is conducted by Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur on behalf of XAMI. The examination will be held at the various centre throughout India. Candidates those who are looking forward to admissions in management programmes can appear in this exam as XAT score is considered by more than 150 management institutions. Apart from having basic eligibility to appear in the exam, aspirants must qualify the entrance test. Aspirants should know that the GMAT score is also considered for admission in XLRI courses. We have made an honest try to help the XAT 2020 aspirants through this article where candidates can check information on XAT eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and examination dates etc.
XAT 2020 Examination Dates
The candidates can check the XAT 2020 examination schedule here in the table below. The official notification has been released and these dates are as per the official notification:
|Exam Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Availability of XAT application form||2nd week of August 2019|
|Last date of registration||3rd week of August 2019|
|Last date for registration and receipt of application form in case of DD payment||last week of November 2019|
|Admit card release date||last week of December 2019|
|Date of XAT exam||1st week of January 2020|
|Answer key release date||1st week of January 2020|
|Result announcement||2nd week of January 2020|
|XAT score card release date||2nd week of January 2020|
XAT Eligibility Criteria
Candidates are required to check the XAT eligibility criteria first before making application form for XAT 2020 exam. Check the following criteria to ensure your eligibility to appear in the exam:
- Nationality: The applicants must be an Indian citizen. However, NRI and Foreign candidates can also apply on the basis of GMAT score.
- Qualification: The candidates must have completed bachelor degree of 3 years duration or equivalent degree in any stream from a recognized university.
- Those who are pursuing graduation and appearing in final year exam will also be eligible to apply for XAT.
- Minimum Marks: No specific percentage of marks required in the qualifying exam for appearing in the XAT. Any graduate can apply.
XAT Application Form 2020
The aspirants who found themselves eligible as per the criteria mentioned above can go ahead for online registration for XAT 2020 exam. Here candidates can check some important information with regard to XAT application form 2020:
- XAT application form 2020 will be available online from 2nd week of August 2019.
- The registration process will close in last week of November 2019.
- Candidates can submit the XAT 2020 application form through online mode only.
- Candidates have to visit the official website for making an online registration.
- On completion of registration, candidates’ will receive a unique ID and password for login purpose.
- Login with the available user ID and password and complete the remaining part of the application form.
- Fill all the necessary details in the application form such as personal details, academic qualification, and correspondence address etc.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature in the prescribed format and specifications.
- Candidates also need to make payment of registration fee to the complete the application form.
- We recommend candidates not to hurry while filling up the application form, all the information and entries should be correct and complete.
- Take the printout of the application form at the end and keep it safe for future reference.
- However, candidates those who Demand Draft mode to pay the registration fee, need to send the filled in application form along with DD at the following address:
The Chairperson, Admission,
XLRI, Circuit House Area (East),
XAT Registration Fee
The applicants must pay the necessary application fee to the complete the registration. The registration fee is Rs.1700/- for XAT exam. However, if a candidate submits applications form after due date then he/she has to pay Rs.2000/- In case candidates opting for XLRI courses then there will Rs.300 additional fee per course apart from Rs.1700/-. Candidates can also submit the application form by paying the late fee of Rs.2000/-+ 500 per course. Application form without making paying will not be considered and treated as incomplete form. The fee can be submitted through net banking/debit/credit card or through Demand Draft in favour of XLRI, Jamshedpur.
XAT Exam Pattern 2020
The applicants should be aware of the exam pattern before appearing in the entrance test. candidates can check here XAT 2020 exam pattern in details as below:
- The XAT examination will be held through offline mode i.e. Pen & Paper based exam.
- The exam will consist of two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Paper-I will contain 72 questions and Paper-II will contain 25 questions and one essay.
- XAT exam duration will be 3 hours 35 minutes.
- The Paper-I will comprise questions on Decision Making, Quantitative Ability, and English Language & Logical Reasoning.
- Paper-II will comprise questions on General Knowledge and Essay to write.
- There will be negative marking in the exam hence, 1/4th marks will be deducted for each wrong attempt.
XAT Syllabus 2020
The XAT 2020 syllabus will consist of subjects like Quantitative Ability, Decision Making, English Language & Logical Reasoning, General Knowledge & Essay. Candidates must prepare as per the prescribed syllabus. We recommend the applicants to check previous years questions paper for having an idea about XAT syllabus, important subject topics and difficulty level of the questions. There are lots of books available in the market which will be helpful to the students.
XAT Admit Card 2020
The candidates can obtain the XAT 2020 admit card from the official website. One can download the XAT admit card from 3rd week of December 2019. Candidates have to enter user ID and password on the concerned web page on the official website for downloading the admit card.
Admit card will contain the details of exam date, venue of exam and exam day instructions which everyone must read. Candidates must carry admit card on the day of the exam along with photo ID proof.
XAT Answer Keys 2020
The competent authority will release XAT 2020 Answer Keys after few weeks from the date of exam. The XAT answer key will be in PDF format and candidates can download the same from the official website.
Candidates will be able to check their answer marked in the exam with the help of answer keys. It is expected that the XAT Answer Keys 2020 will be published in the month of January 2020.
XAT 2020 Result
XAT result 2020 will be declared most probably in the month of January 2020. Candidates can check their result online on the official website. After accessing the official website find the concerned link for XAT result. Enter the user ID/roll number and date of birth in the given field on the concerned page.
Download the result and take the printout of the same for future reference. The Institute will not send hard copy of the result through any other mode.
XAT Score Card 2020
After the declaration of XAT 2020 result, candidates can obtain their XAT score card through online mode. XAT 2020 scorecard will be published in the very first week of February 2020. Candidates have to enter registration number and date of birth for obtaining Score Card. Take the printout of the same and keep it safe for further admission process.
XAT Admission Procedure
Candidate’s XAT score will be considered for admission in XLRI & XAT associates institutions. There will be interview and group discussions at the various level before allotting admission to any individual.
If candidates want admission in other institutes, they have to go through their admission schedule and should apply separately on the basis of XAT score. Every institute on the basis of candidates’ performance will shortlist the candidates.
There may be the different pattern of selection for each course and it also depends on admission process of the individual institute. Candidates must follow the instructions prescribed for admission.
In the end, your XAT score, academic performance, personal interview including group discussion and other extracurricular activities will be taken into consideration for final admission.
Stay tuned to Careerindiainfo.in for more information on XAT 2020 Exam.