SSC MTS 2020 registration process has been postponed due to pandemic COVID19. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) which is a recruitment body conducts the Multi Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) exam to recruit the various candidates in Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in the Central Government Ministries/Offices/Departments in the various States/UTs. As per the SSC exam calendar, the SSC MTS application form 2020 was scheduled to start from 2nd June 2020 but now it is postponed. Interested candidates should keep visiting the official website as well as this article for the latest updates regarding the exam. Aspirants are recommended to collect all the information regarding the exam before applying online. Candidates can check here relevant information on SSC MTS 2020 exam including the registration process, eligibility, examination pattern, syllabus, and important dates.
SSC MTS 2020 Notification has been postponed due to COVID19 and further information regarding the exam will be updated immediately after the announcement of the new dates.
SSC MTS Recruitment 2020 Notification
- The Staff Selection Committee has announced the date of the SSC MTS 2020 exam. The exam is scheduled to be held on 26th October to 13th November 2020.
- The registration process for SSC MTS 2020 exam has been postponed which was earlier scheduled from 2nd June 2020 through online mode.
- The applicants are recommended to stay focused and keep preparation going. Click here to check the application form details.
- All the aspirants are recommended to check eligibility conditions carefully before applying online.
Exam Overview of SSC MTS 2020
|Name of Exam||SSC MTS (Multi-Tasking Staff) 2020 Exam|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Type of exam||Central Level Recruitment Exam|
|Eligibility Criteria||10th Passed|
|Exam Mode||Paper-I: Computer-Based Test,|
Paper-II: Descriptive Type
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||Paper-I: 200 Objective Type Questions |
Paper-II: Letter/Essay writing
|Subject Section of Exam|
Paper 1- General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English, General Awareness
|Maximum Marks||Paper-I: 200 Marks, Paper-II: 50 Marks|
|Test Duration||Paper-I: 2.00 Hours|
Paper-II: 30 minutes
|Date of Exam||26th October to 13th November|
SSC MTS 2020 Important Dates
The candidates who are willing to appear in SSC MTS 2020 exam, can check here the examination schedule in the table below. Registration dates have been announced. Candidates can apply online as per the following schedule:
|SSC MTS Exam Events||Respective Dates|
|Availability of application form|
|Closing date of the registration|
|Issue of hall ticket for Paper-I||October 2020|
|Date of Paper-I Exam||26th October to 13th November 2020|
|Paper-I result announcement||January 2021|
|Paper-II exam||1st March 2021|
|Final result declaration||June 2021|
SSC MTS Eligibility Criteria
To appear in the SSC MTS 2020 examination, candidates have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- He/she should be a subject of Bhutan or Nepal. A Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January 1962 with an intention to settle here permanently.
- Educational qualification: Candidate must have passed 10th exam (High school) from a recognized board. Candidate pursuing 10th will also be eligible subject to the submission of certificates whenever asked.
- Age Limit: Age must be within 18-25 years as on 01.08.2020. Age relaxation will be applied for reserved categories as per the norms prescribed.
- The date of birth mentioned in the Matriculation (10th) certificate or equivalent exam will be taken into consideration for age count.
Age Relaxation Criteria
The candidates can check the age relaxation criteria in the table below:
|SC/ST Candidates||30 years|
|OBC Candidates||28 years|
|PH(GEN) Candidates||35 years|
|Candidates belonging to J&K (General)||30 years|
|Candidates belonging to J&K (OBC)||33 years|
|SC/ST Candidates belonging to J&K||35 years|
SSC MTS Application Form 2020
Job seekers in the Government sector, who are fulfilling the eligibility conditions as stated above, can make an application via online mode. The online application form will be available at the official website of the SCC i.e http://ssconline.nic.in as per the schedule prescribed. The following steps will be helpful to the aspirants:
- The application form can be submitted via online mode by accessing the official website.
- Click on the SSC MTS 2020 online application link.
- Fill all the details carefully and remember the mandatory field should not be left blank.
- Enter Name, Father Name, address and educational qualification details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned passport size photograph and signature in JPG format with prescribed size and dimension.
- Make the payment of application fee using Net Banking or through Debit/Credit Card.
- Submit the application form and take the printout for future reference.
General male candidates have to pay Rs.100/- only as the application fee to complete the application process. Applicants can make payment through Net Banking or Debit/Credit card. The application fee is non-refundable. All female candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
SSC MTS 2020 Exam Pattern
The candidates can check SSC MTS exam pattern 2020 information here.
- SSC MTS 2020 exam will be held in two papers i.e. Paper-I & Paper-II.
- Paper-I will consist of objective type questions while Paper-II will be a descriptive type of paper.
- The question paper will be bilingual i.e. Hindi and English.
- The duration of Paper-I will be 2.00 hours while Paper-II will be of 30 minutes.
- Paper-I will be of 150 marks and Paper-II will be of 50 marks.
- There will be negative marking and 1/4th marks for each wrong answer would be deducted.
- The syllabus, total marks and number of question of both Paper-I & Paper-II are as under:
|S.No.||Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
|1.||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|Subject||Max Marks||Duration of the exam|
Letter/Essay writing in English or any of language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.
30 minutes for General Candidates.
45 minutes for Visually handicapped/Cerebral Palsy candidates
Note: Candidate who will qualify the Paper-I will be called for appearing in Paper-II. However, Paper-II is qualifying in nature.
SSC MTS 2020 Syllabus
The candidates must go through the syllabus of the SST MTS exam for the preparation of the exam. You can check previous year exam papers or official notification of the SSC MTS 2020 to know the syllabus and examination pattern. However, you can check the following information with regard to SSC MTS Syllabus 2020. The MTS exam will consist of four sections which are as under:
- General Awareness
- Numerical Aptitude
- English Language
- Indian History
- Computer & Mobile Technology
- Current Affairs
- Dates, Portfolios, Schemes
- GK- Sports, People In News, Books
- Physics + Space Science
- Diseases, pollution
- Ratio and Proportion
- Problems on Ages
- Speed Time & Distance
- Profit & Loss
- Number System
- Number Series
- Time & Work
- Mixture problems
- Word formation
- Blood Relations
- Non-Verbal Reasoning
- Directions & Distances
- Venn diagram
- Missing Number
- Verbal Reasoning
- Arrangement of words
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Error Spotting
- Phrase or Idiom Meaning
- Reading Comprehension
- Jumbled Sentences
- One Word Substitution
- Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction
SSC MTS Preparation 2020
The candidates should start the preparation as per the prescribed syllabus and examination pattern. Check following SSC MTS 2020 preparation tips carefully and apply the same:
- Know exam pattern and syllabus
- Recommended to prepare a time table for routine study and follow the same.
- Solve previous years SSC MTS questions papers.
- Practice sample papers
- Prepare short notes for revision
- Be focused and work hard for qualifying the exam.
- You can also join coaching classes.
- Also, take care of health and stay calm.
- While attempting questions in the exam, do not hurry.
SSC MTS 2020 Admit Card
The eligible candidate will be able to get the SSC MTS admit card prior to the examination. The candidate can obtain the same from the official website of the SSC. Admit card will contain the details regarding the exam date and exam centre. Candidates should check particulars of the admit card and if there is any discrepancy, it should be reported to the concerned authority within the prescribed time limit. Candidates have to bring admit card to the examination centre to enter into the examination hall. Further information in this regard, will be updated.
SSC MTS Result 2020
SSC will announce the result of SSC MTS 2020 recruitment exam on its official website. There is no interview for SSC MTS recruitment. Performance in the written exam will be taken into consideration for making the final merit list. If any candidate found ineligible at any stage of the recruitment process, his/her candidature will be cancelled. Meritorious candidate will be called for document verification.
The candidates need to qualify each stage of the exam. Those who qualify the preliminary exam, can go ahead for the main exam. After qualifying the main exam, candidates can part in the last round of the examination process. It is important to mention here the selection will be made only on the basis of merit hence, applicants must score minimum qualifying marks. If anyone found to be ineligible at any stage, his/her candidature will be cancelled immediately even after the selection.
SSC MTS 2020: FAQs
Q: What is the mode of the SSC MTS exam?
A: SSC MTS Paper-I is an online exam held on the computer while Paper-II of the SSC MTS is an offline test i.e. a pen and paper-based exam.
Q: What are the registration dates for the SSC MTS 2020 Recruitment exam?
A: The registration for SSC MTS 2020 exam will be held from
2nd June 2020 to 15th July 2020 (postponed).
Q: Sir, what is the exact application fee for the SSC MTS exam?
A: The application fee of Rs.100/- will be charged for submitting the SSC MTS application form. However, the reserved category can seek exemption from paying the requisite application fee subject to the submission of documentary proof later.
Q: Name of the post for which the SSC MTS exam is conducted?
A: The SSC MTS exam is conducted for the post of Group C Non- Gazetted, Non-Ministerial in different Ministries and departments under the Government of India.
Q: What are the minimum basic eligibility requirements for applying to the SSC MTS exam?
A: The applicants must have completed 10th class from a recognized school/institute. Age of the applicants must be within 18 to 27 years as on 1st August 2020.
Q: How many times Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC MTS exam in a year?
A: The SSC conducts the MTS exam once in a year for filling various group C posts in different Ministries/Department of GOI.
Q: How many papers are there in the SSC MTS exam?
A: There will be two exams or papers in the SSC MTS exam. The Paper-I will be qualifying in nature. Paper-II will be considered for the preparation of the final merit list.
Stay connected with us for more information on SSC MTS Recruitment 2020.