SSC MTS 2020: The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) which is a recruitment body conducts the Multi Tasking Staff (Non-Technical) exam to recruit the various candidates in Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in the Central Government Ministries/Offices/Departments in the various States/UTs. As per the SSC exam calendar, the SSC MTS application form 2020 will be available online 2nd June 2020. Interested candidates can submit application form till 15th July 2020. Aspirants are recommended to collect all the information regarding the exam before applying online. Candidates can check here relevant information on SSC MTS 2020 exam including the registration process, eligibility, examination pattern, syllabus, and important dates.
Exam Overview of SSC MTS 2020
|Name of Exam||SSC MTS (Multi-Tasking Staff) 2020 Exam|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|Type of exam||Central Level Recruitment Exam|
|Eligibility Criteria||10th Passed|
|Exam Mode||Paper I: Computer-Based Test,|
Paper II: Descriptive Type
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||Paper-I: 200 Objective Type Questions|
Paper-II: Letter/Essay writing
|Subject Section of Exam|| |
Paper 1- General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English, General Awareness
|Maximum Marks||Paper-I: 200 Marks, Paper-II: 50 Marks|
|Test Duration||Paper-I: 2.00 Hours|
Paper-II: 30 minutes
|Date of Exam||26th October to 13th November|
SSC MTS 2020 Important Dates
The candidates who are willing to appear in SSC MTS 2020 exam, can check here examination schedule in the table below. Registration dates have been announced. Candidates can apply online as per the following schedule:
|SSC MTS Exam Events||Respective Dates|
|Availability of application form||2nd June 2020|
|Closing date of the registration||15th July 2020|
|Issue of hall ticket for Paper-I||October 2020|
|Date of Paper-I Exam||26th October to 13th November 2020|
|Paper-I result announcement||January 2021|
|Paper-II exam||1st March 2021|
|Final result declaration||June 2021|
To appear in the SSC MTS 2020 examination, candidates have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- He/she should be a subject of Bhutan or Nepal. A Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January 1962 with an intention to settle here permanently.
- Educational qualification: Candidate must have passed 10th exam (High school) from a recognized board. Candidate pursuing 10th will also be eligible subject to submission of certificates whenever asked.
- Age Limit: Age must be within 18-25 years as on 01.08.2020. Age relaxation will be applied for reserved categories as per the norms prescribed.
- Date of birth mentioned in the Matriculation (10th) certificate or equivalent exam will be taken into consideration for age count.
Age Relaxation Criteria
The candidates can check the age relaxation criteria in the table below:
|SC/ST Candidates||30 years|
|OBC Candidates||28 years|
|PH(GEN) Candidates||35 years|
|Candidates belonging to J&K (General)||30 years|
|Candidates belonging to J&K (OBC)||33 years|
|SC/ST Candidates belonging to J&K||35 years|
SSC MTS Application Form 2020
Job seekers in the Government sector, who are fulfilling the eligibility conditions as stated above, can make application via online mode. The online application form will be available at the official website of the SCC i.e http://ssconline.nic.in as per the schedule prescribed. The following steps will be helpful to the aspirants:
- Application form can be submitted via online mode by accessing the official website.
- Click on the SSC MTS 2020 online application link.
- Fill all the details carefully and remember the mandatory field should not be left blank.
- Enter Name, Father Name, address and educational qualification details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned passport size photograph and signature in JPG format with prescribed size and dimension.
- Make the payment of application fee using Net Banking or through Debit/Credit Card.
- Submit the application form and take printout for future reference.
General male candidates have to pay Rs.100/- only as application fee to the complete the application process. Applicants can make payment through Net Banking or Debit/Credit card. The application fee is non-refundable. All female candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
SSC MTS Exam Pattern
- SSC MTS 2020 exam will be held in two papers i.e. Paper-I & Paper-II.
- Paper-I will consist of objective type questions while Paper-II will be a descriptive type paper.
- The question paper will be bilingual i.e. Hindi and English.
- The duration of Paper-I will be 2.00 hours while Paper-II will be of 30 minutes.
- Paper-I will be of 150 marks and Paper-II will be of 50 marks.
- There will be negative marking and 1/4th marks for each wrong answer would be deducted.
- The syllabus, total marks and number of question of both Paper-I & Paper-II are as under:
|S.No.||Subject||No. of questions||Marks|
|1.||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|Subject||Max Marks||Duration of the exam|
Letter/Essay writing in English or any of language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.
30 minutes for General Candidates.
45 minutes for Visually handicapped/Cerebral Palsy candidates
Note: Candidate who will qualify the Paper-I will be called for appearing in Paper-II. However, Paper-II is qualifying in nature.
SSC MTS 2020 Syllabus
The candidates must go through the syllabus of the SST MTS exam for preparation of the exam. You can check previous year exam papers or official notification of the SSC MTS 2020 to know the syllabus and examination pattern. However, you can check the following information with regard to SSC MTS Syllabus 2020. The MTS exam will consist of four sections which are as under:
- General Awareness
- Numerical Aptitude
- English Language
- Indian History
- Computer & Mobile Technology
- Current Affairs
- Dates, Portfolios, Schemes
- GK- Sports, People In News, Books
- Physics + Space Science
- Diseases, pollution
- Ratio and Proportion
- Problems on Ages
- Speed Time & Distance
- Profit & Loss
- Number System
- Number Series
- Time & Work
- Mixture problems
- Word formation
- Coding Decoding
- Blood Relations
- Non Verbal Reasoning
- Directions & Distances
- Venn diagram
- Missing Number
- Verbal Reasoning
- Arrangement of words
- Fill in the Blanks
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Error Spotting
- Phrase or Idiom Meaning
- Reading Comprehension
- Jumbled Sentences
- One Word Substitution
- Phrase Replacement/ Sentence Correction
SSC MTS Preparation 2020
The candidates should start the preparation as per the prescribed syllabus and examination pattern. Check following SSC MTS 2020 preparation tips carefully and apply the same:
- Know exam pattern and syllabus
- Recommended to prepare a time table for routine study and follow the same.
- Solve previous years SSC MTS questions papers.
- Practice sample papers
- Prepare short notes for revision
- Be focused and work hard for qualifying the exam.
- You can also join coaching classes.
- Also, take care of the health and stay calm.
- While attempting questions in the exam, do not hurry.
Eligible candidate will be able to get admit card prior to the examination. The candidate can obtain the same from the official website of the SSC. Admit card will contain the details regarding exam date and exam centre. Candidates should check particulars of the admit card and if there is any discrepancy, it should be reported to the concerned authority within the prescribed time limit. Candidates have to bring admit card to the examination centre to enter into the examination hall. Further information in this regard, will be updated.
SSC MTS Result 2020
SSC will announce the result of SSC MTS 2020 recruitment exam on its official website. There is no interview for SSC MTS recruitment. Performance in the written exam will be taken into consideration for making final merit list. If any candidate found ineligible at any stage of the recruitment process, his/her candidature will be cancelled. Meritorious candidate will be called for document verification.
The candidates need to qualify each stage of the exam. Those who qualify the preliminary exam, can go ahead for main exam. After qualifying main exam, candidates can part in the last round of examination process. It is important to mention here the selection will be made only on the basis of merit hence, applicants must score minimum qualifying marks. If anyone found to be ineligible at any stage, his/her candidature will be cancelled immediately even after the selection.
Stay connected with us for more information on SSC MTS Recruitment 2020.