SSC CHSL 2020 exam dates has been announced. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) organizes the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) examination for filling up the vacancy of Lower Division Clerks, Data Entry Operators, and Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants in the Ministries/ Government Departments. The CHSL examination is a national level exam basically held in three parts i.e. computer based written examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) followed by Skill Test/Typing Test (Tier-III).
SSC CHSL 2020 examination is likely to be held on 16th to 27th March 2020. In this regard, online application form will be available on the official website from 3rd December 2019. Candidates need to fill the application form with all prerequisites before the last date i.e. 10th January 2020. The information pertaining to the SSC CHSL 2020 exam, eligibility requirements, exam pattern and syllabus are furnished here.
UPDATE: Those have applied for SSC CHSL 2020 exam, can obtain the admit card in the month of February 2020.
SSC CHSL 2020 Notification
- The Staff Selection Committee has released the examination schedule of Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam 2020.
- The registration process will commence from 3rd December 2019 through online mode.
- Aspirants can submit application form till 10th January 2020. Candidates are recommended to apply as per the prescribed schedule.
- SSC CHSL 2020 exam is scheduled to be held on 16th to 27th March 2020.
SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Dates
The Staff Selection Committee has announced the exam schedule of the SSC CHSL 2020 exam. Those who are preparing for the exam can check here crucial dates with regard tot the exam. Check the examination schedule below:
|SSC CHSL 2020 official notification||29th November 2019|
|Online application will be available||3rd December 2019|
|Last date to apply online||10th January 2020|
|Admit Card will be issued||February 2020|
|SSC CHSL Exam||16th to 27th March 2020|
|Answer Key release date||Will update later|
|Declaration of Result||Will update later|
All the candidates, who are looking to appear in the SSC CHSL 2020 examination, must fulfill the eligibility requirements laid down by the SSC. Candidates are advised to read the following points and then go for applying online:
- Candidate must have passed the intermediate (12th standard) examination from a recognized board/University
- He/she must be an Indian citizen.
- Age must fall within 18-27 years. Candidates belonging to reserved categories are entitled to take reservation as per the norms.
- Date of birth mentioned in the high school (10th) certificate or equivalent exam will be counted for age calculation.
How to apply for SSC CHSL 2020?
Interested and eligible candidates who are satisfying the eligibility conditions laid down by the SSC, can fill the application form through official website. The application form will be available at the official portal of the SCC as per the schedule prescribed. Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below for making online application of SSC CHSL 2020:
- Application can be submitted only through online mode.
- Visit the official website of the SSC and go for apply online.
- The official website of the SSC is https://ssc.nic.in/.
- Click on the SSC CHSL 2020 online application link provided at the official portal.
- Complete the registration part by filling up necessary details. A unique ID number will be generated.
- Now proceed further and fill the application form carefully and correctly.
- Pay the necessary application fee to complete the step.
- Upload the scanned passport size photograph and signature in JPEG format with the required size.
- Submit the application form and take at least one printout of the same for future reference.
Note: Candidates are suggested here that apply online well in time before the due date. Do not wait till last date to submit the application.
- In order to make an application online, male candidates belonging to general category, have to pay Rs.100/- only as application fee.
- Payment can be made through SBI Challan/Net Banking and Debit/Credit Card.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded in any case.
- Female candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH category and Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
Candidate appearing in the SSC CHSL exam, should be conversant with the exam pattern and syllabus of the exam. Candidates are required to follow the strict routine to plan the preparation. The following useful tips are helpful to the candidates:
- SSC CHSL 2020 exam will be completed in three parts i.e. Computer based examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/Skill Test (Tier-III).
- The duration of Tier-I exam will be 75 minutes.
- Question paper will consist of objective type questions only.
- The question paper will be bilingual i.e. both English and Hindi.
- Question paper (Tier-I) will consist of total 100 questions having 200 marks.
- Syllabus of Tier-I exam will contain the subjects like General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and English Language.
- There will be negative marking for the wrong answer and 0.50 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Tier-II exam will be descriptive type test.
- Tier-II exam syllabus will include letter/essay writing in English.
- Tier-III exam will be skill test/typing test in qualifying nature.
SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Syllabus
The candidates must be aware of the SSC CHSL syllabus for preparation of the exam. They SSC 10+2 exam syllabus contains various sections including General Intelligence, Numerical Ability, General Awareness and English Language. The details are as below:
General Intelligence (Verbal, Non-Verbal)
- Number Series
- Emotional Intelligence
- Drawing inferences
- Critical Thinking
- Embedded figures
- Coding and decoding
- Numerical operations.
- Figural Classification
- Figural Analogy
- Figural Series
- Problem Solving
- Figural Pattern – folding and completion
- Punched hole/pattern-folding & unfolding
- Semantic Series
- Semantic Classification
- Semantic Analogy
- Space Orientation
- Symbolic operations
- Symbolic/Number Analogy
- Social Intelligence
- Symbolic/Number Classification
- Word Building
- Venn Diagrams
- Synonyms / Homonyms
- Active / Passive Voice of Verbs
- Comprehension Passage
- Conversion into Direct / Indirect narration
- Cloze Passage
- One word substitution
- Idioms & Phrases
- Fill in the Blanks
- Improvement of Sentences
- Spellings Checks/ Detecting Mis-spelt words
- Shuffling of Sentence parts
- Sentence restricting
- Error spotting
- Fundamental arithmetical operations: profit and loss, time and work, square roots, averages, ratio and proportion, percentages, Simple interest, Compound interest, partnership business, discount, time and distance, mixture and allegation.
- Algebra: graphs of linear equations, basic algebraic identities, elementary surds (simple problems),
- Mensuration: regular polygons, triangle, right prism, quadrilaterals, right circular cone, circle, sphere, right circular cylinder, rectangular parallelepiped, hemispheres, the regular right pyramid with the triangular or square base.
- Geometry: triangle, circle and its chords, similarity of triangles, tangents, common tangents to two or more circles, angles subtended by chords of a circle.
- Number Systems: decimal and fractions, computation of whole number, the relationship between numbers.
- Statistical Charts: frequency polygon, histogram, pie-chart, bar- diagram
- Trigonometry: trigonometric ratios, trigonometry, height and distances, complementary angles, standard identities.
- Awareness of the current events
- General knowledge questions of various subjects.
- Matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects
- Geography, History, Culture, General Policy, Economic Scene
- Sports, International Events etc.
SSC CHSL Admit Card 2020
Those who found to be eligible to appear in the SSC CHSL 2020 examination, will get admit card prior to the examination. The information in this regard will be published on the official website of the SSC. One can avail the admit card from the official website of the SSC by providing registration number and date of birth. Admit card will contain the candidate’s name, roll number, exam centre and exam date.
After completion of SSC CHSL 2020 exam, the SSC will be placed the answer keys in public domain at the official website. One can match the answer given in exam with answer keys provided by SSC. If there is any queries regarding answer keys, the candidate can report directly to the SSC within the stipulated time frame. Candidates can judge their result whether they are qualifying or not. Accordingly, they can start preparation for the next level i.e. Skill Test/Typing Test.
SSC CHSL Result 2020
The Commission will declare the result of CHSL 2020 written exam, probably in the month of February 2021. Candidate who will qualify the pre-exams i.e Tier-I & Tier-II will be called for Skill Test/Typing Test. After analyzing all the facts, the final result will be disclosed. There will no interview for this exam.
SSC CHSL 2020 Selection Process
The candidates will be selected as per their overall performance in the SSC CHSL 2020 exam. Candidates have to qualify each stage of the exam i.e. Tier I, Tier II and Tier III. It is mandatory to score minimum qualifying marks in each stage of exam. In Tier I & II, candidates have to qualify at least 33% marks as it is precondition for consideration of Tier-III.
Tier III exam is qualifying in nature. There will no marks allotted for skill test. Final result or merit list will be prepared on the basis of candidates’ Tier-I and Tier-II performance. The applicants are recommended to follow the instructions during the entire episode of examination. Go through the official information bulletin in detail for complete understanding about selection process including eligibility, application process etc. The commission has all rights reserved to take actions against those who mislead the authority in any mean.
Stay connected with us for more information on SSC CHSL 2020 Recruitment Exam.