SSC CHSL 2020: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) organizes the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) examination for filling up the vacancy of Lower Division Clerks, Data Entry Operators, and Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants in the Ministries/ Government Departments. The CHSL examination is a national level exam basically held in three parts i.e. computer based written examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) followed by Skill Test/Typing Test (Tier-III).
SSC CHSL 2020 examination is likely to be held in the month of November-December, 2020. In this regard, online application form will be available in the month of August 2020. Candidates need to fill the application form with all prerequisites. The information pertaining to the SSC CHSL 2020 exam, eligibility requirements, exam pattern and syllabus are furnished here.
SSC CHSL 2020 Exam Dates
A tentative programme in respect of SSC CHSL 2020 is mentioned below:
|Exam Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|SSC CHSL 2020 official notification||August 2020|
|Online application will be available||August 2020|
|Last date to apply online||September 2020|
|Admit Card will be issued||October 2020|
|SSC CHSL Exam||November 2020|
|Declaration of result of Part-I exam||February 2021|
|Exam date Part-II||March 2021|
|Typing Test/Skill Test||April 2021|
|Final Result||May 2021|
All the candidates, who are looking to appear in the SSC CHSL 2020 examination, must fulfill the eligibility requirements laid down by the SSC. Candidates are advised to read the following points and then go for applying online:
- Candidate must have passed the intermediate (12th standard) examination from a recognized board/University
- He/she must be an Indian citizen.
- Age must fall within 18-27 years. Candidates belonging to reserved categories are entitled to take reservation as per the norms.
- Date of birth mentioned in the high school (10th) certificate or equivalent exam will be counted for age calculation.
How to apply for SSC CHSL 2020?
Interested and eligible candidates who are satisfying the eligibility conditions laid down by the SSC, can fill the application form through official website. The application form will be available at the official portal of the SCC as per the schedule prescribed. Candidates are required to follow the steps mentioned below for making online application of SSC CHSL 2020:
- Application can be submitted only through online mode.
- Visit the official website of the SSC and go for apply online.
- Click on the SSC CHSL 2020 online application link provided at the official portal.
- Complete the registration part by filling up necessary details. A unique ID number will be generated.
- Now proceed further and fill the application form carefully and correctly.
- Pay the necessary application fee to complete the step.
- Upload the scanned passport size photograph and signature in JPEG format with the required size.
- Submit the application form and take at least one printout of the same for future reference.
Note: Candidates are suggested here that apply online well in time before the due date. Do not wait till last date to submit the application.
- In order to make an application online, male candidates belonging to general category, have to pay Rs.100/- only as application fee.
- Payment can be made through SBI Challan/Net Banking and Debit/Credit Card.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded in any case.
- Female candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH category and Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
SSC CHSL Exam Pattern
Candidate appearing in the SSC CHSL exam, should be conversant with the exam pattern and syllabus of the exam. Candidates are required to follow the strict routine to plan the preparation. The following useful tips are helpful to the candidates:
- SSC CHSL 2020 exam will be completed in three parts i.e. Computer based examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/Skill Test (Tier-III).
- The duration of Tier-I exam will be 75 minutes.
- Question paper will consist of objective type questions only.
- The question paper will be bilingual i.e. both English and Hindi.
- Question paper (Tier-I) will consist of total 100 questions having 200 marks.
- Syllabus of Tier-I exam will contain the subjects like General Intelligence, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness and English Language.
- There will be negative marking for the wrong answer and 0.50 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Tier-II exam will be descriptive type test.
- Tier-II exam syllabus will include letter/essay writing in English.
- Tier-III exam will be skill test/typing test in qualifying nature.
SSC CHSL Admit Card 2020
Those who found to be eligible to appear in the SSC CHSL 2020 examination, will get admit card prior to the examination. The information in this regard will be published on the official website of the SSC. One can avail the admit card from the official website of the SSC by providing registration number and date of birth. Admit card will contain the candidate’s name, roll number, exam centre and exam date.
After completion of SSC CHSL 2020 exam, the SSC will be placed the answer keys in public domain at the official website. One can match the answer given in exam with answer keys provided by SSC. If there is any queries regarding answer keys, the candidate can report directly to the SSC within the stipulated time frame. Candidates can judge their result whether they are qualifying or not. Accordingly, they can start preparation for the next level i.e. Skill Test/Typing Test.
SSC CHSL Result 2020
The Commission will declare the result of CHSL 2020 written exam, probably in the month of February 2021. Candidate who will qualify the pre-exams i.e Tier-I & Tier-II will be called for Skill Test/Typing Test. After analyzing all the facts, the final result will be disclosed. There will no interview for this exam.
Stay connected with us for more information on SSC CHSL 2020 Recruitment Exam.