CAT 2021: The Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) will conduct Common Admission Test (CAT) 2021 for admission in postgraduate management programmes running by the IIMs. It is a national level entrance test which is conducted by IIMs on the rotational basis. Candidates willing to get admission in IIMs for pursuing management course must qualify CAT exam. There are several other institutes available in the country which considers CAT score for admission. Aspirants must be aware of the CAT registration process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, and examination schedule. Here we have made a sincere effort to provide all these information in a single place.
Overview of the CAT 2021 Exam
|Exam Name||Common Admission Test (CAT)|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Test Duration||3.00 Hours|
|Regulating Authority||Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs)|
|Level of Test||National Level|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduation degree with minimum 50% marks.|
|Publication of official notification||July 2021|
|CAT 2021 Registration Fee||Rs.1800/- & Rs.900/-(SC/ST/PwD)|
|Date of Exam||December 2021|
|Declaration of Result||January 2022|
CAT 2021 Exam Dates
The interested candidates who are planning to appear in the CAT 2021 exam can check tentative examination schedule in the table below. We have prepared this information from the previous year exam schedule. However, after release of CAT 2021 official notification, we will update these dates for your information.
|Event Name||Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of CAT 2021 notification||July 2021|
|Commencement of online registration||August 2021|
|Closing of online registration||September 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||October 2021|
|Date of Exam||November 2021|
|Answer keys release date||December 2021|
|Result declaration||January 2021|
CAT Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must check this section to verify eligibility for appearing in the CAT exam. Apply only after verifying the eligibility criteria details. Check the information below:
- Qualifying exam: The applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent from a recognized university/institute.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: They must have obtained minimum 50% marks (45% marks for SC/ST/PwD candidates) in the qualifying exam.
- Appearing Candidates those who are in final semester of the Bachelor’s degree can also apply subject to fulfilment of other conditions.
- Candidates having CA/CS/ICWA degree are also eligible to apply.
- Age Limit: There is no age bar for taking CAT examination.
CAT Registration 2021
Here candidates can check crucial information for CAT 2021 registration. Check details below:
- The candidates have to register online at the official website.
- Applicants must obtain official information bulletin before applying online. Read information bulletin carefully then proceed for applying online.
- The registration process will commence in the month of August 2021
- Candidates can apply till the last week of September 2021.
- Candidates should provide all the information carefully in the application form.
- Upload scanned images of photograph and signature with prescribed specifications.
- The images should be in JPEG format with a clear background.
- Reserved category candidates must upload category certificate for seeking relaxation.
- Candidates should fill choice of four test cities as per their convenience and preferred location.
- Pay necessary registration fee to complete the application process.
- Take a printout of the confirmed CAT application form for further reference.
CAT Registration Fee
- General/OBC category candidates – Rs.1800/- + Processing Charges
- SC/ST/PwD category candidates- Rs.900/- + Processing Charges
- Candidates can pay registration fee through online mode such as net banking, debit card, credit card only.
- The application fee will not be refunded later in any case.
CAT Application Form 2021 Correction
The candidates will get chance to correct application form details and in this regard, the institutions will provide a correction window. Check the following information with regard to application form correction:
- The candidates can make corrections in the application form in the month of September 2021.
- Candidates have to access official website for making the correction in the form.
- Login at official website with user ID and password.
- It is important to mention here that only a few particulars can be updated in the form.
- Candidates can correct address, gender, category, education details, work experience, exam city preference and interview city preference etc.
- The information like personal details, uploaded documents, communication address (e-mail ID and Mobile Number) cannot be modified. In this case, the applicant has to register again with new e-mail ID.
CAT Exam Pattern 2021
The applicants must collect sufficient information about CAT exam pattern. Information about exam pattern will make your way easy to crack the exam. Go through the following information:
- Exam Mode: The test will be held in online mode i.e. Computer Based Test.
- Test Duration: The duration of exam will be 3.00 hours.
- Number of Questions: Total 100 question will be asked in the exam.
- Nature of Questions: The exam will consist of both multiple choice and subjective questions.
- Marking Scheme: Every correct answer will be awarded by 3 marks.
- Negative marking: No negative marking for subjective questions, however, for objective type questions, 1 mark will be deducted for the wrong attempt.
- Paper Section: Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension, Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
- The section-wise distribution of the questions in the exam will be as per the following:
|Paper Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Allotted Time|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||32||96||60|
|Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension||34||102||60|
CAT Syllabus 2021
Candidates should prepare as per the prescribed CAT examination pattern. There is not any particular syllabus prescribed for the CAT exam. However, can prepare as per paper sections i.e. Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Ability, and Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension. Candidates are recommended to start your preparation as per these subjects. The important details with regard to CAT 2021 syllabus are as below:
Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
Data Interpretation: Data Sufficiency, Combination of Graphs, Bar Graph, Line Graph, Pie Chart, Caselet, and Tables etc.,
Logical Reasoning: Seating Arrangement, Statements, Matching Puzzles, Binary Logic, Blood Relations, Family Tree, Clocks and Calendars, Proposition, Sets, Venn Diagram, Syllogism, etc.
Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension
Reading Comprehension: This section includes comprehension passages from where direct and indirect questions will be asked.
English Grammar: Grammar and verbal reasoning like Sentence Correction, Fill in the blanks, Direct-Indirect, Active Voice Passive Voice, Verbal Reasoning, Antonyms, Synonyms, and jumbled sentences etc.
Algebra, Geometry, Arithmetic, Number System, Time & Work, Mensuration, Simple Interest, Modern Mathematics and Trigonometry etc.
CAT Admit Card 2021
The applicants can download their admit card from the official website. The admit card is expected to be available in the month of October 2021. Candidates have to obtain admit card vide online mode as there is no other way to get admit card. Login with user ID and password and then download the admit card. Candidates must carry admit card on the crucial date of the exam along valid identity proof. If any candidates failed to carry admit card then the authority has right to bar him/her from appearing in the entrance test.
CAT Cut Off Date 2021
The concerned authority will set a cut off marks after analyzing facts such number of application, the performance of the candidates, number of seats available in the institutes. Cut off marks is basically the qualifying marks. Candidates must obtain cut off marks for qualifying the exam. It will be available probably in the month of November 2021.
CAT Answer Keys 2021
The answer keys and CAT question paper will be published at official website in the month of December 2021. Candidates can obtain answer keys form the website. After downloading the Answer Keys match your answers with the help of answer keys given. If you are not satisfied with any answer given in the answer sheet then you can report it to the concerned authority.
CAT 2021 Result
The result of CAT 2021 is likely to declare in the month of January 2022. Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their performance in the written exam. After due analysis of written exam performance of the candidates, the CAT result merit list will be announced. Candidates can download their result from the website using registration ID and password. Candidates should know that the CAT score will valid for one year only.
CAT Admission Procedure
Candidates should know that there is no centralize counselling held for admission. The institutions have their own admission norms which candidates have to fulfil for getting admission. The IIM will invite shortlisted candidates for admission directly by sending call letter to them.
Once candidates qualify the CAT test then they need to appear in Writ Ability Test (WAT), Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview round for final selection.
Stay tuned to Careerindiainfo.in for more information on Common Admission Test (CAT) 2021.