SSC CGL 2018: Staff Selection Commission (SSC) holds the Combined Graduate Level Examination every year for filling up the vacant post in the Ministries/Departments/Organisations. A large number of applicants appeared in the Combined Graduate Level examination. Aspirant seeking Group B & Group C jobs in Government sector can fill SSC CGL 2018.
SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I exam is expected to be held in the month of June, 2018 for which online application will be invited in the month of March, 2018. Candidates who qualify the Tier-I examination will be called for Tier-II examination as per the scheduled date and time. The complete information regarding SSC CGL 2018 exam, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and syllabus are produced here.
SSC CGL 2018 Examination Dates (Tentative)
On the basis of SSC examination schedule, a tentative programme in respect of SSC CGL 2018 is made for the aspirants to be prepared according to following programme:
|S. No.||Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|1.||SSC CGL 2018 online application||March, 2018|
|2.||Last date of submission of application||April, 2018|
|3.||Admit Card||May, 2018|
|4.||CGL Tier-I Examination||June, 2018|
|5.||Result of CGL Tier-I Exam||August, 2018|
|6.||Admit Card for Tier-II Exam||August, 2018|
|7.||CGL Tier-II Examination||September, 2018|
|8.||Result of CGL Tier-II||October, 2018|
|9.||CGL Tier-III-Skill Test/Document Verification||December, 2018|
SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for SSC CGL 2018, aspirants must satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed by the SSC. Candidate are advised to read carefully all the conditions mentioned in SSC Notice for CGL 2018. The focus points are:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen/a subject of Bhutan or Nepal. A Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January, 1962 with intention to settle here permanently.
- Age Limit: Age limit will be counted as on 01.08.2018. Age criteria varies post to post. Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 32 years.
- Date of birth mentioned in the Matriculation (10th) certificate or equivalent exam will be taken into consideration.
- Educational qualification: Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognised University. In some post like Statistical Investigator Grade-II, candidate should have concerned subject at degree level.
How to apply for SSC CGL 2018?
Aspirants must satisfy the eligibility conditions laid down by the SSC. Following steps are to be followed at the time of applying online:
- SSC CGL 2018 application form will be available at official website of the SSC.
- Read all the information regarding eligibility, instructions to apply thoroughly.
- Visit the official website and click on the Apply on SSC CGL link.
- Application can be submitted via online mode only.
- Candidate have to complete the registration process in two step i.e. Part-I Registration and Part-II Registration.
- Candidate should carefully enter all the details and ensure that all the mandatory fields should not be left blank.
- Candidate have to upload scanned passport size photograph and signature.
- Images should be in JPEG format and size of photos must be within 1 kb to 12 kb.
- Submit the requisite fee as applicable.
- After submitting the application, take print out of the application for future reference.
Note: Candidates are advised to apply online well in time before due date. Do not wait till last date to submit the application.
- Applicants have to pay the application fee to complete the registration process.
- General male candidate category have to pay Rs.100/- only.
- Female candidates and SC/ST/PH/Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying application fee.
- Fee can be paid through Challan generated online and SBI Net banking or through debit/credit card.
- Application fee once paid will not refunded in any case.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
A huge number of applicants appeared in the SSC CGL examination annually. Hence, it needs an extreme level of dedication to qualify the examination. To be prepared, candidates must know the examination pattern and syllabus. The focus points are:
- SSC CGL 2018 will be completed in 3 Tiers i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III.
- The question paper will be bilingual i.e. both English and Hindi.
- Tier-I & Tier-II exam will be objective type computer based examination.
- Tier-I exam will be of 200 marks and Tier-II exam will be of 400 marks.
- The duration of exam will be 2.00 hours for both Tier-I & Tier-II.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answer.
- Tier-III exam will be a computer proficiency test (CPT).
The syllabus for SSC CGL 2018 will include various subjects. Tier-I exam will consist of General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension. 50 questions from each section will be asked. Tier-II exam will have Quantitative Abilities having 100 questions and English Language and Comprehension having 200 questions.
SSC CGL 2018 Admit Card
Once the application process gets closed, SSC will scrutinize all the application in respect of eligibility, age, nationality etc. Candidates who found to be eligible will be able to get admit card. The candidate can download the admit card from the official website of the SSC by entering registration number and date of birth.
The SSC will put the answer keys in public domain after completion of CGL 2018 examination. Candidate can match their answer with the answer keys provided by SSC. One can make a rough idea of total marks to be scored. If any discrepancy found in the answer keys, candidate can report it to the SSC within specified time frame.
SSC will announce the result of CGL 2018 within three months after completion of exam. Qualified candidate of Tier-I exam will be called for Tier-II exam. Candidate have to check official website time to time for updates.
Candidate shortlisted after written examination will have to attend computer proficiency test/document verification whichever applicable. The selection will be finalized on the basis of marks obtained in written exam/performance in computer test and preference given by the candidate at the time of submission of application. Candidate are advised to be careful while giving preference in the application form. Preference given earlier, will not be changed in any case.
Stay tuned to www.careerindiainfo.in for more information on SSC CGL 2018.
You Can Also Check Related Articles
- IBPS Clerk 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
- IBPS PO 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
- SBI Clerk 2018 Recruitment Exam, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
- SBI PO 2018 Recruitment Exam, Application Form, Eligibility
- SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D Exam 2018
- SSC SI CAPF 2018 Exam, Application Form, Eligibility
- UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Exam, Application Form, Eligibility, Important Dates
- SSC JHT 2018 Recruitment Exam: Complete Information
- SSC CHSL 2018 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility
- SSC MTS 2018 Recruitment, Application Form, Eligibility