SSC CGL 2018 notification has been released by the SSC on 4th May 2018. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Graduate Level Examination every year for filling up the vacant post in the Ministries/Departments/Organisations. A large number of applicants appeared in the Combined Graduate Level examination. Aspirant seeking Group B & Group C jobs in Government sector can fill SSC CGL 2018. It is a two-tier exam where candidates have to qualify both the test for final selection.
As per official calendar of the SSC, the CGL 2018 Tier-I exam is going to be held on 25th July 2018 to 20th August 2018. The registration for SSC CGL application form has been started from 5th May 2018. Candidates can apply till 04 June 2018. Candidates who qualify the Tier-I examination will be called for Tier-II examination as per the scheduled date and time. The aspirants can check here complete information regarding SSC CGL 2018 exam including eligibility criteria, guidelines for submission of online application form, exam pattern & syllabus and important dates below.
SSC CGL 2018 Notification: Released
- The notification for SSC CGL 2018 exam has been released on 4th May 2018.
- As per the official notification, the aspirants can submit SSC CGL application form 2018 from 5th May 2018 to 4th June 2018. Click Here to check application form details.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Dates: Announced
The SSC has published SSC CGL notification for 2018 exam on its official website. As per the official notification, candidates can check following exam schedule and accordingly can apply online:
|CGL 2018 online application will start from||5th May 2018|
|Last date for online application form||4th June 2018|
|Admit Card||July 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Paper||25th July to 20th August 2018|
|CGL Tier-I result||Will update later|
|Admit Card for CGL Tier-II Paper||Will update later|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Paper||27th November to 30th November 2018|
|CGL Tier-II result||Will update later|
|CGL Tier-III-Skill Test/Document Verification||Will update later|
SSC CGL 2018 Recruitment: Important Facts
|Name of the Exam||SSC CGL 2018 Recruitment Exam|
|Regulatory Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Posts Name||Group ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’, ‘D’|
|Eligibility||Any graduate can apply|
|Age Limit||Minimum Age limit- 18 Years
Maximum age limit- 32 years
|SSC SGL 2018 Notification release date||5th May 2018|
|SSC CGL online Application Form date||5th May 2018|
|Due date for SSC CGL application form||4th June 2018|
|Application Fee||General/OBC candidates- Rs.100/-
SC/ST/All Women/PwD candidates- Exempted.
|SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Date||25th July to 20th August 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier Exam date||27th to 30th November 2018|
Tier-I Exam (Computer Based Test), Tier-II (Computer Based Test), Tier-III (Descriptive Test) and Tier-IV (Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test)
SSC CGL 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for SSC CGL 2018, aspirants must satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed by the SSC. Candidates are advised to read all the conditions mentioned in SSC CGL Notification 2018 carefully. The focus points are:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen/a subject of Bhutan or Nepal. A Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle here permanently.
- Age Limit: Age limit will be counted as on 01.08.2018. Age criteria may vary post to post. Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 32 years.
- Date of birth mentioned in the Matriculation (10th) certificate or equivalent exam will be taken into consideration.
- Educational qualification: Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University. In some post like Statistical Investigator Grade-II, the candidates should have the concerned subject at degree level.
|Candidate’s Category||Age Relaxation|
|PH (OBC)||13 years|
|PH (General)||10 years|
|PH (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (General)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
How to apply for SSC CGL Application Form 2018?
Aspirants must satisfy the eligibility conditions laid down by the SSC. Following steps are to be followed at the time of applying online:
- SSC CGL 2018 application form has been available online at official website of the SSC. The last date for submission of application form is 4th June 2018.
- Candidates must note that the application form can be submitted via online mode only.
- Read all the information regarding eligibility, instructions to apply thoroughly.
- Visit the official website and click on the concerned link for SSC CGL.
- Candidates have to complete the registration process in two-steps i.e. Part-I Registration and Part-II Application.
- Candidate should carefully enter all the details and ensure that all the mandatory fields should not be left blank.
- Upload scanned passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format and specifications.
- Images should be in JPEG format and size of photos must be within 1 kb to 12 kb.
- Pay necessary application fee through online mode.
- After submitting the application, take print out of the application for future reference.
Note: Candidates are advised to apply online well in time before the due date. Do not wait till the last date of the application form.
- Applicants have to pay the application fee to complete the registration process.
- General male candidates have to pay Rs.100/- only as the application fee.
- Female candidates and SC/ST/PH/Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
- The fee can be paid through Challan generated online and SBI Net banking or through debit/credit card.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded in any case.
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
A huge number of applicants appear in the SSC CGL examination annually. Hence, it needs an extreme level of dedication to qualify the examination. Candidates must be aware of the exam pattern and syllabus. The SSC CGL exam is a 4-tier exam. The details are as below:
The SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I exam is a preliminary test which will be of 1-hour duration. It is a computer-based test. The question paper will consist of 200 marks. There will be four sections in the paper, the details are as below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
|1.||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
- All the questions will be in multiple choices in nature.
- The question paper will be in both Hindi and English.
- Negative Marking is applicable and 0.50 marks will be deducted for each wrong attempt.
SSC CGL Tier-II exam is also a computer-based test. The test paper will consist of 200 objective type questions. There will four papers in the exam as per the following descriptions:
- Paper-I and Paper-II will be compulsory for all the posts.
- Candidates have to appear in Paper-III also for Statistical Investigation.
- Paper-IV is meant for the candidates opting for Assistant Audit Officer.
- Language of the paper will be both English and Hindi.
- Negative marking is also applicable in this test. There is a deduction of 0.50 marks for the wrong attempt in Paper-I and 0.25 marks in Paper-II.
- Candidates can check details of the subject with the number of questions and marks in the table below:
|Name of Subject||Questions||Max Marks|
|Paper-I: Quantitative Ability||100||200|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
The candidates who will qualify the SSC CGL 2018 Tier-I and Tier-II exam will got an opportunity to appear in Tier-III exam. The CGL Tier-III test is a descriptive type test. Duration of this test will be 1 hour. Candidate’s ability to write an Essay and Précis will be examined in this section.
Tier-IV (Applicable for the post of Tax Assistant)
It is a computer proficiency test or Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) which will be applicable for Tax Assistant post. During this candidate’s typing speed will be checked.
The syllabus for SSC CGL 2018 will include various subjects. Tier-I exam will consist of General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension. 50 questions from each section will be asked. Tier-II exam will have Quantitative Abilities having 100 questions and English Language and Comprehension having 200 questions.
SSC CGL 2018 Admit Card
Once the application process gets closed, SSC will scrutinize all the application in respect of eligibility, age, nationality etc. Candidates who found to be eligible will be able to get admit card. The candidate can download the admit card from the official website of the SSC by entering registration number and date of birth.
The SSC will put the answer keys in public domain after completion of CGL 2018 examination. Candidate can match their answer with the answer keys provided by SSC. One can make a rough idea of total marks to be scored. If any discrepancy found in the answer keys, the candidate can report it to the SSC within the specified time frame.
SSC will announce the result of CGL 2018 within three months after completion of exam. Qualified candidate of Tier-I exam will be called for Tier-II exam. Candidate have to check official website time to time for updates.
Candidate shortlisted after written examination will have to attend computer proficiency test/document verification whichever applicable. The selection will be finalized on the basis of marks obtained in written exam/performance in computer test and preference given by the candidate at the time of submission of application. Candidates are advised to be careful while giving preference in the application form. Preference given earlier, will not be changed in any case.
Stay tuned to www.careerindiainfo.in for more information on SSC CGL 2018.
You Can Also Check Related Articles
- IBPS Clerk 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
- IBPS PO 2018: Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Pattern
- SBI Clerk 2018 Recruitment Exam, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria
- SBI PO 2018 Recruitment Exam, Application Form, Eligibility
- SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D Exam 2018
- SSC SI CAPF 2018 Exam, Application Form, Eligibility
- UPSC CAPF AC 2018 Exam, Application Form, Eligibility, Important Dates
- SSC JHT 2018 Recruitment Exam: Complete Information
- SSC CHSL 2018 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility
- SSC MTS 2018 Recruitment, Application Form, Eligibility