JIPMER MBBS 2018 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern and Important Dates
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry conducts entrance examination on annual basis for filling up of 200 MBBS seats. It is a popular exam among the students seeking medical courses which is also known as JIPMER MBBS entrance exam. JIPMER MBBS 2018 entrance exam will be held on 3rd June 2018. JIPMER MBBS Application form will be available online at official website from 7th March 2018 till 13th April 2018. Candidates should apply within the specified time schedule. In this article, candidates can find relevant information regarding JIPMER MBBS 2018 entrance exam, application form, eligibility requirements and exam patter and syllabus.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Exam Notification: Released
The official dates for JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam have been released and the entrance exam is scheduled to be held on 3rd June 2018. Click Here to check examination schedule.
JIPMER MBBS 2018: Exam Dates
The official notification for JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam has been released. Candidates can check important dates of the JIPMER MBBS exam 2018 in the table below.
|Event Name||Official Dates|
|Availability of JIPMER MBBS 2018 online application form||7th March 2018|
|Last date for applying online||13th April 2018|
|Admit card will be issued on||May 2018|
|JIPMER MBBS entrance exam date||3rd June 2018|
|Result declaration date||June 2018|
|1st Counselling will start from||27th – 29th June 2018|
|2nd Counselling||25th July 2018|
|3rd Counselling||20th August 2018|
|Final Counselling||28th September 2018|
|Last date for admission||30th September 2018|
JIPMER MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2018
Candidates are required to check the JIPMER MBBS eligibility criteria before applying online. They should satisfy themselves whether they are meeting the eligibility requirements or not. Candidates should download the official bulletin for detailed information. However, the important highlights are as under:
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen. However, NRI & OCI candidates can also apply.
- He/she must have completed 10+2 (intermediate) or any equivalent exam from a recognized institute/university.
- They must have achieved at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- However, reserved category candidates have to secure 40% marks only.
- Candidates should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects in the qualifying exam.
- The age of the candidates must be 17 years as on 31st December, 2018
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Application Form
Candidates who are meeting the eligibility conditions as mentioned above should go ahead for making JIPMER MBBS 2018 online application form. The JIPMER application form will be available online at official website from 7th March 2018 till 13th April 2018. Candidates should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Read the complete information brochure from the website.
- One can make application via online mode only as there will be no printed version of the application form available.
- Fill all the details carefully and do not conceal any information.
- Candidates should keep ready scanned photograph and signature which will be uploaded with application form.
- Applicants have to pay requisite application fee.
- After submitting the application, do not forget to take printout of the application form.
Candidates have to make payment of Rs.1000/- as application fee. However, reserved category candidates should pay Rs.800/- only. They can make payment through net banking, debit card and credit card. OPH candidates are eligible for fee exemption as a special case. The exam conducting authority will not refund application fee in any case.
JIPMER MBBS 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates who are going to appear in the entrance test, must be aware about the exam pattern. The entrance test will be held on 3rd June 2018. The JIPMER MBBS exam pattern is as under:
- Exam Mode: The entrance exam will be held online (Computer Based Test).
- Number of Questions: The question paper will consist of 200 questions.
- Type of Questions: Questions will be objective type in nature having four alternatives.
- Language: The language of the paper will be English and Hindi.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: The provision of negative marking is not applicable.
- Syllabus: Questions will be based on Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Comprehension, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning.
- The subject wise number of questions will be as per the following pattern:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|English & Comprehension||10|
|Logic & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
JIPMER MBBS Syllabus 2018
Candidates who are preparing for JIPMER MBBS 2018 exam should know the syllabus of the exam. Question will be derived from 11th and 12th standard Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, English Comprehension and Logical Reasoning. Candidates should have good command over these subject to ensure the success in the exam. Some of the important topics as per syllabus are as below:
PHYSICS Syllabus: Atoms & Nuclei, Electromagnetic Waves, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current, Optics, Current Electricity, Electronic Devices, Communication System,, Electrostatics, Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism.
Chemistry Syllabus: Solutions, Surface Chemistry, Electro-Chemistry, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Chemical Kinetics, Isolation of Elements, Polymers, D and F Block Element, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, Solid State, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers etc.
Biology Syllabus: Diversity of Living Organisms, Human Physiology, Cell Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Ecology and Environment, Biotechnology, Plant Physiology and Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants etc.
English Syllabus: Section A- Reading Unseen Passage & Note Making, Section B- Writing Skills and Section C- Literature and Long Reading Text.
JIPMER Admit Card
- All the eligible candidates who have successfully made JIPMER MBBS 2018 application, will get admit card to appear in the exam.
- The admit card will be available in the month of May, 2018.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the JIPMER.
- The concerned authority will not send hard copy of admit card via post.
- Admit card is essential documents for appearing in the exam. Without having valid admit card, the authority will not allow anyone to enter into the exam centre.
The JIPMER 2018 answer key will be available on official website of the concerned authority. The competent authority will publish the answer key after completion of the exam. Candidates can match their answer with the help of official answer key.
JIPMER Result 2018
- The JIPMER will declare the JIPMER MBBS 2018 result in due course of time after completion of entrance exam.
- Candidates can avail their result on official website.
- The result will be available probably in the month of June, 2018.
- On the basis of result, merit list will be prepared and accordingly, meritorious candidates will be invited to attend counselling.
- Keep printout of result with you for future use.
JIPMER Counselling 2018
Shortlisted candidates on the basis of merit list will be invited to attend JIPMER MBBS counselling 2018. JIPMER MBBS 2018 counselling will commence from 27th June 2018. The counselling process will consist of four rounds. The entry of the candidates for counselling will be made through Bio-metric finger print and image verification. Qualified candidates must attend counselling and must carry requisite original documents. Appearing in the counselling does not mean that you have been selected for final admission. Admission will be finalized on the basis of written exam score, seats availability and documents verification.
Important Document for Counselling
- 10th & 12th Class Mark Sheet
- 10th & 12th Certificate
- JIPMER MBBS 2018 Admit Card
- Printout of JIPMER MBBS result
- Category certificate
- Residence certificate
- Passport size photograph
Stay tuned to www.careerindiainfo.in for more information on JIPMER MBBS 2018.