JEE Advanced 2018 is very popular exam among the students seeking admission in undergraduate (UG) courses at Indian Institute of Technology (IITs) and ISM. It is national level exam which is conducted in two phases followed by JEE Main. Qualified candidates in JEE Main 2018 can only be eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2018 through online registration process. The registration for JEE Advanced usually starts in the month of April, 2018. The following courses are offered to successful candidates of JEE Advanced and subsequent exam:
|B.Tech., B.S., B. Pharm.||Four year Bachelors programme|
|B. Arch.||Five year Bachelors programme|
|B. Tech., M. Tech., B.S., M.S.||Five year dual degree programme|
|M. Tech. M.Sc., M. Pharm.||Five year integrated masters programme|
Interested candidate are advised to be prepared for appearing in the JEE Advanced 2018 exam. The information regarding JEE Advanced 2018 eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and admit card are summarized below.
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Schedule (Tentative)
The tentative schedule for JEE Advanced 2018 are as under:
|Exam Events||Tentative dates|
|Online registration process will commence from||April, 2018|
|Closing date of registration||May, 2018|
|Admit card||May, 2018|
|JEE Advanced Exam (Paper 1 & 2)||May, 2018|
|ORS will be published online||June, 2018|
|Answer key will be published||June, 2018|
|Result announcement||June, 2018|
|Online registration for Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT)||June, 2018|
|Architecture Aptitude Test exam date||June, 2018|
|Result declaration for AAT||June, 2018|
|Seat allocation||July, 2018|
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Advanced 2018
Aspirants should go through the eligibility criteria laid down by the competent authority for JEE Advanced 2018. Based on available facts, the following information has been collected:
- JEE Main 2018 Rank– Candidate need to secure JEE Main Rank for appearing in the JEE Advanced Exam. Only those candidate can register for JEE Advanced 2018 who have cleared the JEE Main 2018.
- Academic Qualification-Candidates must have qualified the class 12th or its equivalent qualifying exam from a recognised board.
- Those candidate who are appearing in class 12th or its equivalent exam can also appear in the JEE Advanced 2018 provisionally.
- In the qualifying exam i.e. 12th or equivalent, candidates must have secured 75% and 65% of marks for General/OBC and SC/ST/Pwd candidates respectively.
- He/she must be in top 20 percentile of qualified candidates in respective category.
- Age Criteria- For appearing in JEE Advanced 2018, the candidate should have born on or after 1st October, 1993. There is age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST/PwD candidates.
- Number of Attempts– There is number of attempt has been restricted by the competent authority. Anyone can attempt JEE Advanced, maximum of two times in successive years.
JEE Advanced 2018: Online Registration
One those candidates are eligible who are satisfying the above-mentioned eligibility criteria. Eligible candidates can go for online registration for JEE Advanced 2018 by accessing the official website of JEE Advanced. The registration can only be done through online mode. The process is likely to start in the month of April, 2018. Candidate need to fill accurate and correct details in the registration form. After completion of registration form, the system will generate login ID and Password which need to be taken care of for future reference. Candidates are also advised to keep the printouts of JEE Advanced 2018 form.
The candidate need to pay the requisite registration fee or application fee for JEE Advanced 2018 to complete the registration process. Remember, non-payment of fee resulting into cancellation of application. The fee structure is prescribed as under:
-For female candidates : Rs.1200/-
-For SC/ST/PwD candidates : Rs.1200/-
-For all other candidates : Rs.2400/-
-Late fee : Rs.500/-
Note: Fee once paid, will not be refunded in any case.
JEE Advanced 2018 Exam Pattern
All the candidates who are going to appear in the JEE Advanced exam must know the exam pattern and syllabus to ensure the desire result. In this regard, the applicant must go through the following points:
- The exam will be conducted in two phases i.e. Paper 1 & Paper 2.
- Both the papers are compulsory to attempt.
- The exams are to be conducted in online mode (computer based).
- Each question paper will be of 3.00 hours.
- All the questions in both the paper will be of objective type.
- Question will be derived from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Question paper will be bilingual i.e Hindi and English.
- There is provision of negative marking hence, candidate need to be careful while attempting question paper.
JEE Advanced 2018: Syllabus
The syllabus for JEE Advanced include the subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. All the questions will be derived from these subjects. However, candidate appearing in the Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) will have some additional questions related to subject. To know the complete syllabus, candidate must go through the JEE Advanced syllabus.
Candidates who have successfully registered themselves for appearing in JEE Advanced 2018, can avail the admit card by downloading the same from official website of the JEE Advanced. The admit card will be available one or two week prior to the examination. The candidate can get the same probably in the month of May, 2018. It is necessary to bring the admit card and one identity proof to the examination hall. In this regard further update will be provided.
Answer Keys and ORS
The concerned authority will put the answer keys and ORS (Optical Response Sheet) for JEE Advanced 2018 in public domain at appropriate time after completion of entrance exam. The same may be published in the last week of May, 2018.
JEE Advanced 2018 Result
Result of JEE Advanced 2018 will be declared most probably in the month of June, 2018. After declaration of result, successful candidate can get their result through online mode. They can also check category-wise All India Rank (AIR). Candidate need to check result online, the authority will not send any hard copy to the any individual.
Counselling or Seat Allocation
The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSSA) is the competent authority to finalize the candidate for final admission in various IITs, NITs, ISM and other Govt. funded technical institutes through a centralized counselling mechanism. Successful candidate of JEE Advanced have to appear in the counselling process. The date of counselling will be notified separately by the JoSSA.