AFCAT 2018 result has been declared on 12th April 2018. Air Force Common Admission Test is commonly known as AFCAT. The AFCAT is an entrance test for the aspirants who want to join Indian Air Force as Commissioned Officer in Flying, Ground Duty (Technical) and Ground Duty (Non-Technical). The exam is conducted by Indian Air Force twice in a year in the month of February and August. Advertisement in this regard will be published in the month of June and December. Interested candidates must apply online at official website before the last date. Everyone must ensure eligibility criteria first before submitting an application form. Information pertaining to AFCAT 2018 exam including eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, syllabus and important dates are given here in this article.
The notification for AFCAT-I 2018 has been released and registration for application form will commence from 16th December 2017 and will close on 23rd January 2018. Click here to know application form details.
The last date for AFCAT 1/2018 online registration and submission of application form has been extended till 23rd January 2018.
The registration process has been closed now. Candidates can download admit card from 9th February 2018.
Latest News: The competent authority has announced AFCAT (I) 2018 result on 12th April 2018. Click here to check result online. Candidates can select AFSB testing date and centre between 14th April to 18th April 2018. After this period test centre will be alloted on random basis. Request for change of test venue will not be entertained. The AFSB testing will commence from 30th April 2018.
AFCAT Exam 2018 Updates on Cancellation
- The exam which was scheduled for 25th February 2018 has been cancelled on various exam centre due to technical issues reported by the authorities. Click here check your AFCAT exam centre.
- Candidates of these exam centres will get new admit card and the revised exam date shall be communicated to them soon.
- Any further update in this regard will be updated soon here.
Quick Facts About AFCAT 2018
|Name of the Exam||AFCAT (Air Force Common Admission Test)|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Exam conducting authority||Indian Air Force (IAF)|
|Posts offered||Commissioned officers in flying branch, Ground Duty (technical) and Ground Duty (Non-technical) branch|
|Mode of Exam||Written Exam|
|Syllabus||General Awareness, Numerical Ability, Reasoning & Military Aptitude and Verbal Ability in English|
|Availability of application form||19th December 2017|
|Eligibility Criteria||Branch wise eligibility criteria is given below.|
|Selection procedure||Written Exam, AFSB Interview and Medical Test|
Candidates can also check for CDS 2018 Examination
AFCAT Important Links
- AFCAT Notification 2018
- AFCAT Application Form
- AFCAT Eligibility Criteria
- AFCAT Exam Pattern
- AFCAT Admit Card
- AFCAT Result
- AFCAT Preparation Tips
- Best Books for Preparation of AFCAT
- AFCAT FAQs
AFCAT 2018 Minimum Eligibility Criteria
Candidate must fulfil the basic minimum eligibility criteria prescribed by the concerned authority to appear in AFCAT 2018 exam. One must comply with the following requirements:
- Flying Branch
- Candidate must have obtained 60% marks in graduation in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or B.E./B. Tech. or
- Must have secured 60% marks in Section A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- Candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd January 1995 and not later than 1st January 1999.
- Ground Duty (Technical)
- Minimum 60% marks in graduation level in any discipline with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level or
- Completed four-year graduation or integration PG in Engineering/Technology or
- Must obtain 60% marks in Section A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- Candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd January 1993 and not later than 1st January 1999.
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical)
- Must be secured 60% marks in Graduation level in any discipline and 60% marks in Section A & B examination of Aeronautical Society of India or Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India).
- The candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd January 1993 and not later than 1st January 1999.
Note: Apart from the above, the candidate must be physically and mentally sound. Physically challenged persons are not eligible. For more info, keep surfing this article time to time.
Check Complete Information About AFCAT Eligibility Criteria
AFCAT-I 2018 Important Dates
The notification in respect of AFCAT-I 2018 has been released by the concerned authority. Candidates can check important dates in the table below.
|1.||Official notification of AFCAT-I will be released||Released|
|2.||Online application form availability||16th December 2017|
|3.||Last date to apply||
23rd January 2018
|4.||Admit Card will be issued||09th February 2018|
|5.||Exam date||25th February 2018|
|6.||Announcement of Result||–|
Check official advertisement for AFCAT-I 2018: Find Here
AFCAT-II 2018 Exam Dates
|1.||Official notification of AFCAT-II will be released||June 2018|
|2.||Online application form availability||June 2018|
|3.||Last date to apply||June 2018|
|4.||Admit Card will be issued||–|
|5.||Exam date||August 2018|
|6.||Announcement of Result||–|
Note: The above-mentioned dates are tentative, actual dates will be updated soon.
AFCAT 2018 Application Form
As stated above that the application form for AFCAT 2018 will be invited twice in a year. The application form will be available in the month December 2017 & June 2018 for AFCAT-I and AFCAT-II respectively. Applicants can access the official website i.e. http://www.careerairforce.nic.in and accordingly, can fill the form. Candidate should check official notification time to time for latest updates. In order submit AFCAT online application form, candidates have to go through two parts i.e. Registration Part and Application Form Filling at the official website. Check step by step process below for reference:
- Visit official career website of the Indian Air Force as stated above.
- Click on Candidates Login Button for Registration.
- A new window will open where you have to registration details.
- Fill the details like name, E-mail ID, Mobile number etc. in the registration form.
- On submission of registration form, a new Registration ID and Password will generate and sent to the registered e-mail ID.
- At the time of registration or form filling, one should keep all the documents for ready reference.
Filling up of Application Form
- Login to the portal using Registration ID and Password received by e-mail.
- Fill all the details as per instructions are given therein.
- Candidates need to select branch, exam centre and subject of EKT exam etc.
- Upload your recent passport size photograph and signature as per the prescribed specifications.
- Submit the application form at the end after checking all facts carefully and take at least one printout of the same for future reference.
- Candidates must provide all the information carefully and correctly. If anyone found misleading the authority at any stage during examination process then the candidates may face consequences including legal action. His/her candidates may also be canceled immediately.
How to submit AFCAT Application Form 2018: Check Instructions Here
Direct link to make AFCAT Application Form 2018: Apply Here
AFCAT 2018 Exam Pattern
The candidates who are applying for AFCAT 2018 exam should be well conversant with the exam pattern and syllabus. The information about exam pattern will guide to the success in the examination. There will be a good number of applicants in the AFCAT exam and few one get chance for further selection after the written test. It means you must secure cut-off marks for qualifying the exam. Exam pattern consists of information like exam mode, the number of questions, type of questions, exam duration and syllabus of the exam etc. Check the following information in respect of AFCAT exam pattern:
- First of all, we recommend each one of you to go through AFCAT 2018 official information brochure in detail.
- Candidates opting for flying branch and ground duty (non-technical) have to appear in AFCAT only, whereas, candidates need to appear in both AFCAT and EKT for ground duty (technical) branch.
- The duration of entrance exam will be 2.00 hours.
- The duration of EKT will be 45 minutes.
- AFCAT paper will consist of four sections as (i) General Awareness, (ii) Numerical Ability, (iii) Reasoning & Military Aptitude and (iv) Verbal Ability in English.
- All the questions will be multiple choice in nature.
Best Books for AFCAT Preparation
The candidates should prepare according to the prescribed syllabus for the exam. Candidates must previous year exam papers for having information about the number of questions, difficulty level of questions and detailed syllabus. The syllabus for both AFCAT and EKT will differ from each other. Also verify subject from official information brochure also. You can check AFCAT syllabus below:
- General Awareness-Current Affairs, Sports, Art, Culture, Environment, History, Geography, Politics, Basic Science, Civics etc.
- Numerical Ability- Number Series, Average, Simplification, Ratio, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest, Decimal Fraction, Percentage etc.
- Reasoning & Military Aptitude- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
- Verbal Ability in English- English Comprehension, Error Finding, Vocabulary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Jumbled Sentences, Fill in the blanks, rearrangement of sentences etc.
AFCAT Preparation Tips
Aspirants who are looking forward to appear in AFCAT 2018 exam, should prepare for the exam with full determination. Candidates can check some of the preparation tips for AFCAT exam:
- First of all, candidates must know about exam pattern and prescribed syllabus.
- Download official information bulletin for more details regarding the AFCAT 2018 exam.
- There is four subject section in the exam, give proper time to each subject.
- Make a timetable for subject wise study and follow it passionately.
- Collect some good books and study material for preparation and practice hard.
- Solve previous year exam papers and mock test for better preparation.
- Learn how to manage time during examination and it is very very important.
- Take good care of your health and do not take the unnecessary stress. Eat healthy and Stay fit.
The eligible candidate will get admit card two weeks before the written examination. Candidates can download AFCAT-I 2018 admit card from 5th February 2018. The candidate has to download it from the official website before the commencement of written exam. The hard copy of admit card will not be sent to any individual through the post. At the time of examination, the candidate must carry admit card to appear in the examination. Identity proof like Aadhar Card, Driving Licence, and Voter Card etc. are also need to be carried at the time of examination. Keep admit card safe for future reference.
AFCAT 2018 Result
AFCAT (I) 2018 result has been declared on 12th April 2018. The concerned authority will announce the result of written exam first. Qualified candidate of the written exam will be called for appearing in the SSB/Interview. Later on, the final result will be made on the basis of overall performance of candidate during the exam. Accordingly, the final result will be declared at the appropriate time.
AFCAT Selection Process
- Shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of marks scored in the written examination.
- Candidates shortlisted on the basis of written exam will have to face Screening Test i.e. Stage-I Testing.
- The screening test will include Officer Intelligence Rating Test and Picture Perception and Discussion Test.
- Those who will qualify the Stage-I, will be called for Stage-II Testing.
- Stage II will include Psychological Test, Group Test to check interactive ability, personal conversation with Interviewing Officer.
- The entire process will take at least 5-6 days.
- The candidates who will qualify the SSB/Interview will go through the medical examination.
- At the end, an all India merit list will be prepared on the basis of written test and interview.
Check Important Links below
|AFCAT-I 2018 Notification||Check Here|
|AFCAT-I 2018 Application Form Portal||Check Here|
|AFCAT 2018 official website||https://afcat.cdac.in/AFCAT|
|Physical Standard||Check Here|
|Additional requirements for Flying Branch||Check Here|
Note: Candidates can contact AFCAT Cell at Tele: 020-25503105/106 & E-mail: [email protected] anytime between 9.30 AM to 5.00 PM (Monday to Friday) regarding AFCAT application, Admit Card and AFCAT Centre.
Candidates can also check Indian Air Force Jobs 2018-19.
Stay tuned to www.careerindiainfo.in for more information on AFCAT 2018