Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT) is likely to be held in the month of May 2020 for the academic year 2020-21. It is a university level entrance test held through online mode. The exam is conducted by BITS (Birla Institute of Technology and Science), Pilani. The students who are willing to take admission in B.Pharma, B.E. & M.Sc. courses offered by Pilani campus, BITS Hyderabad and K. K. Birla Goa Campuses, should submit the BITSAT application form as per the schedule. The applicants must qualify the BITSAT 2020 exam for getting admission in UG/PG courses for the session 2020-21. Interested candidates can explore here crucial information on BITSAT 2020 exam including the process of online registration, application form, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus and admission schedule. Candidates can also check preparation tips and other guidelines with regard to BITSAT.
BITSAT 2020 Exam Dates
The applicants can check tentative examination schedule for BITSAT 2020 in the table below. After the release of official notification, we will update the information:
|Release of BITSAT application form||December 2019|
|Last date for applying online||March 2020|
|Correction/Modification in the application form||March 2020|
|Allotment of exam centre||March 2020|
|Slot booking will start||March 2020|
|Admit Card availability||May 2020|
|Date of Exam||May 2020|
|Application for admission based on 12th Marks||June 2020|
|Declaration of admit list and waiting list||July 2020|
All the applicants must be aware of the eligibility requirements before submitting the application form. Candidates can obtain official BITSAT information bulletin for detailed information. However, the relevant information with regard to BITSAT 2020 eligibility criteria has been provided herein below:
- Qualifying Exam: The applicants must have completed 10+2 or equivalent exam in the year 2019 from a recognized college/board.
- Subjects: Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics with good proficiency in English. The Biology subject should be there instead of Mathematics for B.Pharma.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: There should be at least 75% marks in PCM/PCB and minimum 60% marks in every subject.
- Appearing Candidates: Those who are appearing in the qualifying exam i.e. 10+2 in the year 2020 can also apply.
- Those who are studying in BITS and its campuses are not eligible for BITSAT.
BITSAT Application form 2020
The candidates who are fulfilling the prescribed eligibility conditions can apply online. Candidates can check following instructions which will help during submission of application form:
- The candidates can submit application form through online mode only.
- Candidates should obtain information bulletin first for detailed information regarding eligibility and application form.
- Access official website and find the concerned link in the website for application form.
- It is expected that the BITSAT application form will be available in the month of December 2019.
- Provide all the information asked in the online application form correctly.
- Candidates have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature with given format and specifications.
- The size of photograph and signature must be within 4 KB to 50 KB and 1 KB to 30 KB respectively.
- The application fee is also an essential part to complete the application process and everyone must pay the requisite application fee.
- Candidates can choose three choices of exam centres in the application form.
- Submit application form at the end and take the printout of the confirmation page. No need to send hard copy of the application form to the BITS Pilani.
|Fee for Exam Centres in India|
Rs. 2950/- for male candidates and Rs.2450/- for female candidates.
|Fee for Dubai Exam Centre||Rs.4500/- (US$70)|
|Payment Mode||Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card|
- The application fee will not be refunded in any case.
- Payment can also be done in cash through e-Challan.
All the candidates should go through BITSAT exam pattern as information about exam pattern can play a vital role in preparation and success in the exam. Here you can check crucial information with regard to BITSAT 2020 exam pattern:
- Exam Mode: The BITSAT exam will be held online i.e. a computer-based exam.
- Test Duration: There will be 3.00 hours duration to complete the test.
- Total Questions: The question paper will contain total 150 questions.
- Questions Type: Test paper will consist of objective type questions.
- Subject Sections: The paper will contain four sections as Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning, Mathematics/Biology.
- Marking Scheme: There will be three marks for every correct answer.
- Negative Marking: Yes it is applicable and one mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt. No marks for unattempted questions.
|Section||Subjects||No. of Questions|
|Part III||English Proficiency|
|Part IV||Mathematics or Biology||45|
Preparation Tips for BITSAT Exam
It is very important to collect proper information about the BITSAT exam. After that, it requires a lot of planning and strategy for cracking the exam. Here candidates can check some of the crucial tips which can be helpful during the preparation of BITSAT exam:
- First and most important, you should make a suitable time-table for study and prepare accordingly.
- Go through NCERT books and previous year question papers, it will be very helpful for you.
- Understand the examination pattern and syllabus of the exam.
- Never skips your routine study and be focused.
- Prepare notes of important topics and revise them time to time.
- Don’t take the unnecessary stress and prepare calmly for your exam.
- Take care of your health and always follow a healthy diet.
BITSAT Syllabus 2020
The BITSAT syllabus will contain subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology, Logical Reasoning and English Proficiency. The level of question will be based on NCERT syllabus. Candidates must prepare as per prescribed syllabus. You can download BITSAT information bulletin for details syllabus. However, some important topics are provided below.
Newton’s Laws of Motion, Units & Measurement, Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Kinematics, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Waves, Oscillations, Heat and Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, etc.
Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure, States of Matter, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Atomic Structure, Hydrogen and s-block elements, Chemical Kinetics, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, etc.
Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Algebra, Trigonometry, Differential calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Integral calculus, Statistics, Vectors, Mathematical Modeling and Linear Programming.
Genetics and Evolution, Structure and Function, Diversity in Living World, Growth and Movement in Plants, Cell: The Unit of Life; Structure and Function –Animals & Plants, Ecology and Environment, Reproduction, Biology and Human Welfare, Reproduction and Development in Humans, Biotechnology and its Applications.
English Proficiency & Logical Reasoning
Reading Comprehension, Composition, Nonverbal Reasoning, Grammar, Vocabulary, Detecting Missing Links, Jumbled Sentences, Synonyms, Antonyms, One Words Substitutions, Verbal Reasoning, Classifying Words, Following Directions etc.
- The BITSAT 2020 admit card is expected to be released in the month of April 2020.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the BITS Pilani.
- The slot booking has to be done before downloading the admit card.
- Slot booking process will be held from March last week to April first week in the year 2020.
- No one can enter in the exam hall without having valid admit card or hall ticket.
- The BITSAT admit card will contain candidate’s name, roll number, date of exam, exam venue with complete address and exam day instructions.
BITSAT Result 2020
The BITSAT result will be declared after successful conduct of BITSAT exam. It is likely to be published on the official website on the next day of exam date.
The BITSAT result will contain the marks scored by the candidates in the exam. Download the result from the website and take the printout of the same for future reference.
Apart from appearing in the BITSAT, the candidates need to submit an admission application form on the basis of 12th marks and preference. This application can be submitted within May first week to June third week.
The competent authority will prepare merit list on the basis of written exam score. During preparation of merit list, various facts such as written exam score, courses preference, the category of candidates etc. will be taken into consideration.
Also Read: Engineering Entrance Exams
Seat allotment will be done on the basis of candidates’ score obtained in the exam, choice-filled, category and availability of seats. Once the allotment of seat done, candidates have to report respective campus for admission without any delay.
Stay connected with us for more information on BITSAT 2020.