TNEA 2018: TNEA stands for Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission. Earlier engineering admissions in the Tamil Nadu State were made through entrance exam but nowadays the practice of engineering admission is being done through direct counselling. Candidates have to make TNEA application form and after that those who will satisfy the eligibility conditions will be invited for counselling. Shortlisting will be done on the basis of candidate’s 12th(intermediate) class percentage. TNEA 2018 application form will be available probably in the month of May, 2018. Candidates are recommended to fill application form within the specified schedule. Information pertaining to TNEA 2018 application form, eligibility requirements and counselling is provided here in this article.
TNEA 2018 Important Dates
Applicants can check the important dates in respect of TNEA 2018. However, the dates are tentative at present. Whenever actual dates will available, we will update the same:
|TNEA 2018 official notification will release on||April, 2018|
|Application form availability||May, 2018|
|Last date to apply||May, 2018|
|Counselling process will start||July, 2018|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria 2018
All the candidates who are planning to make TNEA 2018 application form, should check the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidate must be a resident of Tamil Nadu State.
- He/she should have completed 10+2 (intermediate) from the recognized State Board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject.
- Outsider who have completed 12th from the State Board are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have completed 12th from other State Board, are also eligible subject to submission of valid domicile certificate issued by Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Children of Central Government employees will be eligible to make application. However, their parents should be in the state for last five years and they also need submit a certificate in this regard.
- Candidates whose parents are in All India Service from Tamil Nadu cadre are also eligible to make application.
- Age of the candidates should not be lower than 18 years and should not exceed 25 years.
- Relaxation in age for reserved category will be applicable as per rules.
TNEA 2018 Application Form
All the interested candidates should check the eligibility requirements before applying for TNEA 2018 application form. Check the following information:
- TNEA 2018 application form will be available online as well as offline.
- Candidates can apply online through official website of the concerned authority.
- Offline application form can be obtained from the Anna University or its official centre.
- For detailed information, candidates should download the official information brochure from the website.
- Candidates have to pay requisite application fee.
- Submit the dully filled application form along with all the necessary documents.
- Candidates applying offline should send the application at the following address:
Tami Nadu Engineering Admissions,
For Online Mode:
- General category candidates have to pay Rs.500/- as application fee.
- Reserved category candidates should pay Rs.250/- only.
For Offline Mode:
- General category candidates have to pay Rs.700/- as application fee.
- While reserved category candidates should pay 450/- only.
Note: Payment of application can be made through net banking, credit/debit card, e-challan and Demand Draft.
TNEA Merit 2018
The merit list will be prepared according to marks obtained by the individual in the class 12th. As there is no entrance test for admission in engineering courses hence candidates should score high on their 12th standard for admission in engineering courses. Merit list will depend on percentage of the candidates and availability of seats.
TNEA Counselling 2018
Candidates who will secure their names in the merit list will be invited to attend counselling. The Anna University will manage the entire counselling process. The counselling will be held most probably in the month of July, 2018. Candidates have to report on given date and time. Those who will not appear in the prescribed date and time will not get further chance for admission. The admission to any individual will be based on his/her percentage in qualifying exam, rank in merit list and seats availability. However, the decision of the competent authority in respect of admission will be final.
For more information, keep visiting www.careerindiainfo.in