The VIT University, Tamil Nadu conducts an entrance test for admission in its four years B.Tech. The entrance test is university level exam which is generally referred to as VITEEE (VIT Engineering Entrance Examination). After qualifying the entrance test, candidates will be eligible to get admission in University’s Vellore and Chennai campus. Interested candidates are recommended to apply as per the prescribed admission schedule. Candidates should not wait for last of the application form. Those who want to appear in upcoming VITEEE 2019 exam can check here relevant information such as VITEEE registration process, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus and admission schedule etc. In this regard, the University will publish the notification on its official website inviting application form for VITEEE 2019 exam.
VITEEE 2019 Exam Dates
The aspirants can check tentative admission schedule in the table below with respect to VITEEE 2019 exam. After the release of official notification, original dates will be updated here:
|Events of the Exam||Dates (Tentative)|
|Availability of application form||1st week of November 2018|
|Last date for submission of application form||Last week of February 2019|
|Last for editing application form||February 2019|
|Slot booking process will start from||3rd week of March 2019|
|Release of VITEEE Admit Card||At the time of Slot Booking|
|Date of Exam||1st week of April 2019|
|Result announcement||Last week of April 2019|
|Counselling will start from||2nd week of May 2019|
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfil the following eligibility criteria for making application form for VITEEE 2019 exam:
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India. NRI and Foreign candidates can also apply.
- Age Limit: The candidates must be born on or after 1st July 1997 for applying to VITEEE 2019. The minimum age of the applicants should be at least 17 years as on 1st July of the admission year.
- Qualifying Exam: The applicant must have passed 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology from a recognised board/institute.
- Minimum Marks: The applicants must secure minimum 60% marks aggregate (50% for candidate belonging to SC/ST and North Eastern State) in the qualifying exam.
- NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) candidate are also eligible to apply.
Check complete details of VITEEE Eligibility Criteria.
VITEEE Application Form 2019: How to Apply
- The candidates who found themselves eligible as per the prescribed eligibility requirements can proceed for VITEEE registration.
- VITEEE 2019 application form is expected to be released in the first week of November 2018.
- The VITEEE application form 2019 can be submitted through both online and offline mode.
- Candidates have to purchase OMR application form from designated post offices throughout India in case of the offline mode of application.
- Applicant has to pay the application fee in the form of Demand Draft. The DD of Rs.1200/- in favour of VIT University.
- The OMR application form can be collected from the University’s Vellore, Chennai, Bhopal and Amarawati campus.
- In case of an online application form, candidates have to access official website.
- Fill all the details asked in the online application form and follow all the instructions.
- Upload the scanned images of photograph and signature as per the given specifications.
- Submit the application form at the end and take the printout of the same for future reference.
- No need to send hard copy of application form filled through online mode.
- However, completely filled OMR application form along with all enclosures must reach the office of the Director-UG Admissions, VIT University, Vellore-632014 via post.
Note: Candidate should have valid e-mail ID and mobile number. Correspondence regarding centre booking, issuance of e-admit card will be made through email.
Check details how to submit VITEEE Application Form
Applicants have to pay requisite examination fee for final submission of application. The fee for both online and offline application are:
- For online application: 1150/- inclusive of GST
- For offline application: 1200/- inclusive of GST
- Online application fee can be paid through net banking, debit card and credit card.
VITEEE Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The exam will be held in online mode (computer-based exam).
- Test Duration: The duration of exam will be of 2.30 hours.
- Type of Questions: All the questions will have multiple choice in nature.
- Marking Scheme: The weightage of each question will be 1 mark.
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking for the wrong attempt.
- Medium: The question paper will be in English only.
- Number of Questions: There will be total 125 questions from Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English as per the details below.
|Subject||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
The syllabus of VITEEE 2019 includes the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology and English. Questions will be based on 12th standard syllabus of CBSE or State Board. Candidates can check following details with regard to VITEEE Syllabus:
- Nuclear Physics
- Properties of Matter
- Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Current Electricity
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Atomic Physics
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Current
- Laws of Motion & Work, Energy and Power
- Semiconductor Devices and their Applications
- Atomic Structure
- Carbonyl Compounds
- p, d and f-Block Elements
- Alcohols and Ethers
- Thermodynamics, Chemical Equilibrium and Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Chemistry and Solid State Chemistry
- Isomerism in Organic Compounds
- Organic Nitrogen Compounds and Biomolecules
- Carboxylic Acids and their derivatives
- Cell and Molecular Biology
- Human physiology
- Human health and diseases
- Genetics and evolution
- Biotechnology and its applications
- Plant physiology
- Biodiversity, ecology and environment
- Discrete Mathematics
- Vector Algebra
- Differential Equations
- Integral Calculus and its Applications
- Analytical Geometry of Three Dimensions
- Matrices and their Applications
- Probability Distributions
- Trigonometry and Complex Numbers
- Differential Calculus
- Analytical Geometry of two dimensions
- English Grammar and Pronunciation
- Comprehension questions
VITEE Slot Booking 2019
VITEE slot booking 2019 may start in the month of March 2019. Candidates can book the slot using the login details. If a candidate failed to do so, the university will consider available information for slot booking.
VITEEE Admit Card 2019
- Once the slot booking is completed, the eligible candidate can avail the admit card for VITEEE 2019.
- The admit card will be issued by the authority concerned probably in the month of March 2019.
- Candidate can get the same by accessing official website. However, the concerned authority will also send admit card at the registered e-mail id of the candidates.
- Admit card will contain the information like candidate’s name, roll number, exam date and centre. Without admit card, entry is barred in the examination centre, hence, must bring admit card while appearing in the examination.
VITEEE 2019 Result
The candidate may get the result in the month of April 2019 on the official portal of VIT University. Candidate can check their VITEEE result 2019 by providing required details on the concerned page of the official website. The result will not be sent to the individual by post. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks or rank scored in VITEEE 2019 entrance exam.
VITEEE Counselling 2019
Candidate need to go through VITEEE 2019 counselling process for final admission in the B. Tech. programmes of VIT University. All the successful candidates as per merit list will be called for attending the counselling process.
The counselling process is likely to start in the month of May 2019. Final seat allotment will be done on the basis of rank secured by the candidates in the entrance exam.
VITEEE Admission 2019
The university follows a merit-based admission system for admission in its undergraduate courses. Admission will be made purely on the basis of candidates’ VITEEE 2019 score.
No candidate can get admission without appearing/qualifying the exam. NATA score will be considered for admission in B.Arch.
The competent authority will verify the original documents of the candidates to ascertain the eligibility of an individual.
Stay connected with us for more information on VITEEE 2019 Exam.