TNEA 2020: Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) is administered by Anna University. Earlier engineering admissions in the Tamil Nadu State were made through entrance exam but nowadays the practice of engineering admission is being done through direct counselling. Candidates have to make an application form and after that those who will satisfy the eligibility conditions will be invited for counselling. Shortlisting will be done on the basis of candidate’s 12th class percentage. TNEA 2020 application form will be available probably in the month of May 2020. Candidates are recommended to fill application form within the specified schedule. Information pertaining to TNEA 2020 application form, eligibility requirements, and counselling is provided here in this article.
TNEA 2020 Notification
- The competent authority will release the TNEA 2020 notification on its official website.
- It is expected that the registration process will commence from the last week of April 2020.
- Candidates have to submit application form through online mode before the last date.
- Candidates must go through the information bulletin to understand the admission process.
TNEA 2020 Important Dates
Applicants can check the important dates in respect of TNEA 2020. However, the dates are tentative at present. Whenever actual dates will available, we will update the same:
|TNEA official notification 2020 will release on||April 2020|
|Application form availability||May 2020|
|Last date to apply||May 2020|
|Counselling process will start||July 2020|
TNEA Eligibility Criteria
All the candidates who are planning to make TNEA 2020 application form, should check the following eligibility requirements:
- Candidate must be a resident of Tamil Nadu State.
- He/she should have completed 10+2 (intermediate) from the recognized State Board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subject.
- An outsider who has completed 12th from the State Board are also eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have completed 12th from other State Board, are also eligible subject to submission of valid domicile certificate issued by Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
- Children of Central Government employees will be eligible to make an application. However, their parents should be in the state for last five years and they also need to submit a certificate in this regard.
- Candidates whose parents are in All India Service from Tamil Nadu cadre are also eligible to make the application.
- Age of the candidates should not be lower than 18 years and should not exceed 25 years.
- Relaxation in age for reserved category will be applicable as per rules.
TNEA Application Form 2020
All the interested candidates should check the eligibility requirements before applying for TNEA 2020 application form. Check the following information:
- TNEA application form 2020 will be available online as well as offline mode.
- Candidates can apply online through official website of the concerned authority.
- Offline application form can be obtained from the Anna University or its official centre.
- For detailed information, candidates should download the official information brochure from the website.
- Candidates have to pay the requisite application fee to the complete the application.
- Submit the duly filled application form along with all the necessary documents.
- Candidates applying offline should send the application at the following address:
Tami Nadu Engineering Admissions,
For Online Mode:
- General category candidates have to pay Rs.500/- as application fee.
- Reserved category candidates should pay Rs.250/- only.
For Offline Mode:
- General category candidates have to pay Rs.700/- as application fee.
- While reserved category candidates should pay 450/- only.
Note: Payment of application can be made through net banking, credit/debit card, e-challan and Demand Draft.
TNEA Merit List 2020
The merit list will be prepared according to marks obtained by the individual in the class 12th. As there is no entrance test for admission in engineering courses hence candidates should score high on their 12th standard for admission in engineering courses. Merit list will depend on the percentage of the candidates and availability of seats.
TNEA Counselling 2020
Candidates who will secure their names in the merit list will be invited to attend counselling. The Anna University will manage the entire counselling process. The counselling will be held most probably in the month of July 2020. Candidates have to report on given date and time.
Those who will not appear in the prescribed date and time will not get further chance for admission. The admission to any individual will be based on his/her percentage in the qualifying exam, rank in the merit list and seat availability. However, the decision of the competent authority in respect of admission will be final.
TNEA Admission Process 2020
The TNEA 2020 admission process will be exercised after completion of TNEA counselling. As per seat allotment, the candidates have to report allotted institute as per scheduled date and time with provisional admission letter.
Candidates must carry all the original documents for verification purpose at the time of admission. Also, pay the course fee to secure the admission. If any candidates failed to show original documents then his/her candidature will be canceled.
Stay connected with us for more information on TNEA 2020.