SSC Stenographer 2018 notification is expected to be released on 7th July 2018 on the official website of the SSC. SSC Stenographer Grade ‘C’ & ‘D’ exam is an all India entrance exam for recruiting the candidates having good stenography skills. The Staff Selection Commission will publish the notification for SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D Exam, probably in the month of July 2018. The exam will be held in the month of September 2018.
Considering a large number of applications, there will be a tough competition as usual. The exam is popular among the aspirants who are willing to join Government Sector as Stenographer Grade ‘C’ (Group B Non-Gazetted) and Stenographer Grade ‘D’ (Group C Non-Gazetted). Aspirants can check crucial information on SSC Stenographer 2018 exam including the registration process, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus and preparation tips etc. here in this article below.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Notification
- The Staff Selection Commission will publish notification for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D 2018 exam on its official website on 7th July 2018.
- Candidates can fill the application form from 7th July 2018 to 30th July 2018.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam: Overview
|Name of the Exam||SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Staff Selection Commission|
|Name of The Posts||Stenographer Grade C & Grade D|
|Mode of Application||Online Mode only|
|Eligibility Criteria||12th standard|
|Age Limit||18th to 27 years|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (Online)|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Number of Questions||200 (Stage-I)|
|Selection Procedure||Written Exam, Skill Test/Stenography Test|
SSC Stenographer 2018 Exam Dates
The interested candidates who want to appear in the SSC Stenographer 2018 exam can check here crucial dates in the table below. We recommend everyone go through official information bulletin before applying online.
|Submission of online application form||7th July 2018|
|Last date for applying online||30th July 2018|
|Admit Card will be issued from||August 2018|
|Examination date||4th to 8th September 2018|
|Result declaration||October 2018|
|Skill Test||December 2018|
|Final result declaration||March 2019|
Candidates who are fulfilling the minimum basic eligibility criteria and having the required skills in stenography are advised to apply for Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D Exam. The required eligibility criteria are:
- First of all, he/she should be an Indian citizen or a subject of Bhutan or Nepal or a Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January, 1962 with the intention to settle here permanently.
- Candidate’s age must be within 18 to 27 years as on 01.08.2018. Date of birth mentioned in the High School (10th) certificate or equivalent exam will be taken into consideration for age count. Age relaxation to the candidates belonging to reserved categories will be permissible as per the Government’s Rule and Regulations.
- Candidates must have passed intermediate (12th) exam or its equivalent from a recognised board/university.
Note: The candidates are recommended to go through official notification and should read eligibility criteria details carefully.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Application Form
The candidates who are meeting the prescribed eligibility conditions for SSC Stenographer Grade C & D exam 2018, should fill the application form before the last date. The registration for SSC Stenographer Recruitment 2018 will start on 7th of July 2018. The aspirants can register till 30th July 2018. The application can be submitted through online mode only at the official website of SSC. Interested candidates can check steps to fill SSC Stenographer online application form 2018 below.
How to Fill SSC Stenographer Application Form 2018?
- First, visit the official website of the SSC i.e. sss.nic.in.
- Click on the concerned link SSC Stenographer 2018 registration.
- Fill registration part verify carefully and provide the information asked therein.
- Fill the application form and provide personal information, academic qualification and correspondence address etc. in the form very carefully.
- Then upload scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed manner.
- Pay the application fee through online mode and complete the registration.
- Review all the entries made in the application form before submitting the application.
- Click on submit button at the end and take the printout of the confirmation page or filled in application form.
- In order to complete the application form, candidates have to make payment of Rs. 100/- as application fee.
- Payment can be made via Bank Challan, Net Banking or through Debit/Credit Card.
- The application fee is exempted for all women candidates, SC/ST/PH candidates and Ex-servicemen.
- Fee submitted once, will not be refunded in any case.
SSC Stenographer Exam Pattern 2018
- Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D Exam will consist of two stages i.e. Written Examination followed by Skill Test/Stenography Test.
- The written exam will be divided into three parts as General Intelligence & Reasoning (Part-I), General Awareness (Part-II) and English Language and Comprehension (Part-III).
- Part-I and Part-II will consist of 50 questions each while Part-III will contain 100 question.
- The question paper will be objective type containing 200 questions.
- Each question will carry one mark.
- The duration of written exam will be 2.00 hours.
- Negative marking is applicable and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The question paper will be set in both Hindi and English language except Part-III.
- The candidates who will qualify the written exam will be called for Skill Test/Stenography Test.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Syllabus
English Language and Comprehension: Sentence Structure, Grammar, Vocabulary, Antonyms, Synonyms, Jumbled Sentences, Reading Comprehension, Fill in the Blanks, Active Voice, Passive Voice, Direct Indirect, etc. Basically, it is the test of candidates’ understanding of the English Language.
General Intelligence and Reasoning: Problem Solving Analysis, Visual Memory, Number Series, Arithmetical Reasoning, Decision-Making Questions, Syllogism, Blood Relationship Concept etc. This section will be designed to check the candidate’s analytical ability.
General Awareness: Current Affairs, Important Books and Authors, Indian Constitution, Sports, History, General Knowledge, Economics, Politics and other important subjects. Basically, it is a test of candidates’ social as well as general awareness.
SSC Stenographer Admit Card 2018
The SSC will issue the admit card to the eligible candidates before the examination. The candidate can avail the same by accessing official website only. Please keep in mind that the Commission will not send any hard copy of the admit card by post to any individual.
Generally, SSC will release admit card two weeks prior to the date of exam. Necessary information in this regard will be updated at the appropriate time.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Result
The SSC Stenographer 2018 result for Grade C & D posts will be declared through online mode. Candidates can download the result from the official website. It will be a PDF document. Candidates should check the regular updates on http://ssconline.nic.in.
After the announcement of the result, successful candidates have to through Skill Test. Candidates must follow the instructions throughout the recruitment process till final selection.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Selection Process
The SSC Stenographer Grade C & D exam will consist of a Written Exam followed by Skill Test. Those who qualify the online entrance test will be invited to appear in Skill Test. Thereafter, the competent authority will assess the performance of the candidates in both written exam and skill test.
Shortlisting of the candidates will be done on the basis of their rank in the exam. Before any decision on final selection, the authority will also verify the candidates’ original documents. Final selection depends on candidates marks in the written exam and performance in Skill Test.
Stay connected with us for more information on SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D Exam.