SSC CGL 2020 registration dates have been announced. The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts Combined Graduate Level Examination every year for filling up the vacant post in the Ministries/Departments/Organisations. A large number of applicants appeared in the Combined Graduate Level examination. Aspirant seeking Group B & Group C jobs in the Government sector can appear in the SSC CGL exam. It is a two-tier exam where candidates have to qualify both the test for final selection. The candidates who qualify the Tier-I examination will be called for the Tier-II examination as per the scheduled date and time. The aspirants can check here complete information regarding the SSC CGL 2020 exam including eligibility criteria, guidelines for submission of an online application form, exam pattern & syllabus and important dates below.
SSC CGL 2020 Notification
- The candidates are recommended to collect complete information about SSC Combined Graduate Level 2020 exam before applying for the same.
- The SSC is likely to publish the notification for CGL 2020 exam on its official website on 15th September 2020.
- SSC CGL 2020 online registration process will also start from 15th September 2020 as per the official calendar of the SSC.
- Interested candidates will be able to apply online till 15th October 2020. Click here to check the application form details.
- We recommend all the aspirants to submit the application form within the stipulated time frame.
SSC CGL 2020 Important Dates
|Online application will be available from||15th September 2020|
|Last date for online application form||15th October 2020|
|Admit Card issue date||will update later|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Paper||–|
|CGL Tier-I result||Will update later|
|Admit Card for CGL Tier-II Paper||–|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Paper||To be updated later|
|CGL Tier-II result||–|
|CGL Tier-III-Skill Test/Document Verification||To be updated later|
SSC CGL 2020 Recruitment: Important Facts
|Name of the Exam||SSC CGL 2020 Recruitment Exam|
|Regulatory Body||Staff Selection Commission|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Posts Name||Group ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’,|
|Eligibility||Any graduate can apply|
|Age Limit||Minimum Age limit- 18 Years
Maximum age limit- 32 years
|SSC SGL 2020 Notification release date||March 2020|
|SSC CGL online Application Form date||March 2020|
|Due date for SSC CGL application form||April 2020|
|Application Fee||General/OBC candidates- Rs.100/-
SC/ST/All Women/PwD candidates- Exempted.
|SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Date||Will updated later|
|SSC CGL Tier Exam date||Will update later|
Tier-I Exam (Computer Based Test), Tier-II (Computer Based Test), Tier-III (Descriptive Test) and Tier-IV (Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test)
Before applying for SSC CGL 2020, aspirants must satisfy the eligibility conditions prescribed by the SSC. Candidates are advised to read all the conditions mentioned in SSC CGL Notification 2020 carefully. The focus points are:
- Nationality: Candidate must be an Indian citizen/a subject of Bhutan or Nepal. A Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle here permanently.
- Age Limit: Age limit will be counted as on 01.08.2020. Age criteria may vary post to post. Minimum age is 18 years and maximum age is 32 years.
- The date of birth mentioned in the Matriculation (10th) certificate or equivalent exam will be taken into consideration.
- Educational qualification: Candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University. In some posts like Statistical Investigator Grade-II, the candidates should have the concerned subject at degree level.
|Candidate’s Category||Age Relaxation|
|PH (OBC)||13 years|
|PH (General)||10 years|
|PH (SC/ST)||15 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (General)||3 years|
|Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 years|
|Ex-servicemen (SC/ST)||8 years|
SSC CGL Application Form 2020
Aspirants must satisfy the eligibility conditions laid down by the SSC. Following steps are to be followed at the time of applying online:
- SSC CGL 2020 application form will be available online on the official website of the SSC probably in the month of September 2020.
- The last date for submission of application form will be 2nd week of October 2020.
- Candidates must note that the application form can be submitted via online mode only.
- Read all the information regarding eligibility, instructions to apply thoroughly.
- Visit the official website and click on the concerned link for SSC CGL.
- Candidates have to complete the registration process in two-steps i.e. Part-I Registration and Part-II Application.
- Candidate should carefully enter all the details and ensure that all the mandatory fields should not be left blank.
- Upload scanned passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format and specifications.
- Images should be in JPEG format and size of photos must be within 1 kb to 12 kb.
- Pay the necessary application fee through online mode.
- After submitting the application, take a print out of the application for future reference.
Note: Candidates are advised to apply online well in time before the due date. Do not wait till the last date of the application form.
- Applicants have to pay the application fee to complete the registration process.
- General male candidates have to pay Rs.100/- only as the application fee.
- Female candidates and SC/ST/PH/Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
- The fee can be paid through Challan generated online and SBI Net banking or through debit/credit card.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded in any case.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2020
A huge number of applicants appear in the SSC CGL examination annually. Hence, it needs an extreme level of dedication to qualify the examination. Candidates must be aware of the exam pattern and syllabus. The SSC CGL exam is a 4-tier exam. The details are as below:
The SSC CGL 2020 Tier-I exam is a preliminary test which will be of 1-hour duration. It is a computer-based test. The question paper will consist of 200 marks. There will be four sections in the paper, the details are as below:
|Section||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
|1.||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25||50|
- All the questions will be in multiple choices in nature.
- The question paper will be in both Hindi and English.
- Negative Marking is applicable and 0.50 marks will be deducted for each wrong attempt.
SSC CGL Tier-II exam is also a computer-based test. The test paper will consist of 200 objective type questions. There will four papers in the exam as per the following descriptions:
- Paper-I and Paper-II will be compulsory for all the posts.
- Candidates have to appear in Paper-III also for Statistical Investigation.
- Paper-IV is meant for the candidates opting for Assistant Audit Officer.
- Language of the paper will be both English and Hindi.
- Negative marking is also applicable in this test. There is a deduction of 0.50 marks for the wrong attempt in Paper-I and 0.25 marks in Paper-II.
- Candidates can check details of the subject with the number of questions and marks in the table below:
|Name of Subject||Questions||Max Marks|
|Paper-I: Quantitative Ability||100||200|
|Paper-II: English Language and Comprehension||200||200|
|Paper-IV: General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200|
The candidates who will qualify the SSC CGL 2020 Tier-I and Tier-II exam will get an opportunity to appear in Tier-III exam. The CGL Tier-III test is a descriptive type test. Duration of this test will be 1 hour. Candidate’s ability to write an Essay and Précis will be examined in this section.
Tier-IV (Applicable for the post of Tax Assistant)
It is a computer proficiency test or Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) which will be applicable for Tax Assistant post. During this candidate’s typing speed will be checked.
SSC CGL Syllabus 2020
The syllabus for SSC CGL 2020 will include various subjects. Tier-I exam will consist of General Intelligence, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension. 50 questions from each section will be asked. The tier-ii exam will have Quantitative Abilities having 100 questions and English Language and Comprehension having 200 questions.
Once the application process gets closed, SSC will scrutinize all the application in respect of eligibility, age, nationality etc. Candidates who found to be eligible will be able to get the admit card. The candidate can download the admit card from the official website of the SSC by entering the registration number and date of birth.
The SSC will put the answer keys in the public domain after completion of CGL 2020 examination. Candidate can match their answer with the answer keys provided by SSC. One can make a rough idea of total marks to be scored. If any discrepancy found in the answer keys, the candidate can report it to the SSC within the specified time frame.
SSC CGL Result 2020
SSC will announce the result of CGL 2020 within three months after completion of exam. Qualified candidates of Tier-I exam will be called for Tier-II exam. Candidate have to check official website time to time for updates.
Candidate shortlisted after written examination will have to attend computer proficiency test/document verification whichever applicable. The selection will be finalized on the basis of marks obtained in written exam/performance in computer test and preference given by the candidate at the time of submission of application. Candidates are advised to be careful while giving preference in the application form. Preference given earlier, will not be changed in any case.
Official Website: https://ssc.nic.in/
Stay tuned to Careerindiainfo.in for more information on SSC CGL Recruitment 2020.