SBI PO 2020: The State Bank of India is the largest Government Sector Bank having branches all over India and out of the Country too. The State Bank of India conducts various examination for filling up the vacant post of Clerical staff and Probationary Officers from time to time. Each year a large number of applicants appears in this exam as it is one of most attractive job in the banking sector. Interested candidates who are looking for banking sector jobs must apply for SBI PO exam.
The notification for SBI PO 2020 exam is expected to be released in the month of April 2020. Eligible candidates can fill the application form via online mode. Candidates can check information pertaining to the exam like the process of SBI PO application form, eligibility conditions, exam pattern, syllabus and important dates here in this article below.
SBI PO 2020 Exam Dates
Candidates can check here tentative dates of the SBI PO 2020 exam in the table below:
|Exam Event||Important Dates|
|Online registration process with edit/correction in application form||April 2020|
|Last date to apply online||May 2020|
|Payment of Application Fee/Intimation Charges||April-May 2020|
|Last date for printing of application form||May 2020|
|Downloading of call letter for Preliminary Exam||June onwards|
|Conduct of Pre-Exam (Online)||July 2020|
|Result of SBI PO Preliminary Exam||July 2020|
|Downloading of call letter for Main Exam||July 2020|
|SBI PO Main Exam||August 2020|
|Declaration of SBI PO Main Exam Result||August 2020|
|Downloading of call letter for SBI PO Interview||September 2020|
|Group Exercise and Interview dates||September-October 2020|
|Announcement of SBI PO Final Result||November 2020|
SBI PO Eligibility Criteria 2020
Aspirants are advised here that before filling up the SBI PO 2020 online application form, must ensure the eligibility criteria prescribed for the exam. Those who failed to meet eligibility criteria should not apply as their application form will not be accepted. The SBI PO eligibility criteria are listed below, interested candidates can check the same:
- The candidates must possess a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university for appearing in SBI PO recruitment exam 2020.
- Those who are appearing in final year/semester of the qualifying degree can also apply provided that they should produce degree or pass certificate during the interview later.
Age Limit Criteria
The minimum age of the candidates should be at least 21 years and maximum age should not exceed 30 years as on crucial date i.e. 01.04.2020. It means the candidate’s date of birth should be within 02.04.1990 and 01.04.1999 (including both dates). There is relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category candidates as per the following norms:
|SC/ ST candidates||5 Years|
|OBC (Non-creamy Layer) candidates||3 Years|
|Persons With Disabilities (PWD)||PWD SC/ST-15 Years|
PWD OBC -13 Years
& PWD General- 10 Years
|Ex-servicemen (Army Personnel)||5 Years|
|Persons with domicile certificate of J&K during the period of 1.1.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 years|
Number of Attempts
The SBI bank has restricted the number of attempts to a certain number of times for appearing in the SBI PO exam. Check category wise attempt limit below in the table:
|General candidates||4 Attempts|
|General candidates with disability (PWD)||7 Attempts|
|OBC/ OBC (PWD) category||7 Attempts|
|SC/ST (PWD) candidates||No Restriction|
SBI PO Application Form 2020
Candidates must go through official information bulletin and should read all the instructions regarding eligibility criteria, application form section etc. Proceed for applying online after satisfying eligibility conditions. Interested candidates are recommended to go through the following information in order to make SBI PO Application Form:
- Aspirants, who are meeting the eligibility conditions as mentioned above, can fill the application form through online mode.
- The SBI PO application form 2020 can be filled from last week of April 2020.
- The application form for SBI PO 2020 can be accessed at the official website of the State Bank of India.
- Candidate should maintain a valid e-mail ID for registration or correspondence.
- Scan the photograph and signature for uploading with application form then apply.
- The application form should be filled correctly and mandatory field should not be left blank.
- After making all the entries, the candidate should submit the data.
- Candidates have to make payment of application fee as it is a mandatory requirement.
- At the end submit the application form after checking the preview of the application form.
- On successful completion of SBI PO 2020 application form, the candidates should take print out of the application form/record.
Application Fee and Intimation Charge
- The payment of fee can be made through Internet Banking, Debit/Credit Card.
- Candidate of SC/ST/PWD category, have to pay Rs.100/- as intimation charge only.
- General and others candidates have to pay Rs.600/- as application fee including intimation charges.
- Application Fee/Intimation Charges are non-refundable.
Specifications for Photograph and Signature
- Images should be in JPEG format with the clear background.
- The photograph should be recently taken in passport size with white background.
- Candidates should make the signature on white paper with black or blue ink pen.
- The dimension of the photograph and signature should 200 x 230 and 140 X 60 pixels respectively.
- The size of the photograph and signature must be within 20 KB to 50KB and 10 KB to 20 KB respectively.
- Candidate’s signature must be in his/her own handwriting.
One must know the SBI PO exam pattern and syllabus of the SBI PO 2020 exam. Knowledge of the examination pattern and syllabus is the key factor of success in any exam. Candidates must know that the entire recruitment process includes preliminary exam, main exam and then group discussion and interview. These three phases of the examination are as below:
Phase-I Preliminary Exam
- The Preliminary Exam will be held in online mode.
- All the questions will be objective type in nature.
- There will be total 100 questions in the paper where each question will carry 1 mark.
- The syllabus will include Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability and English Language.
- The exam duration will be one hour.
- Check section wise number of questions with assigned marks in the table below:
|Subject Section||No. of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
Phase-II Main Examination
- The SBI PO Main exam will consist of objective type paper and descriptive type paper both.
- Both objective and descriptive tests are an online test.
- The syllabus will contain the subject like Data Analysis & Interpretation, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General Knowledge, Economy/Banking Awareness and English Language.
- Objective test will consist of four section of 200 marks.
- Exam duration of objective type test will be 3.00 hours.
- Duration of descriptive type test will be 30 minutes.
- Check section wise number of questions with assigned marks in the table below:
|Subject Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 Minutes|
Note: There will be the penalty for wrong answers in both the Preliminary and Main Exam.
Phase-III Group Exercise and Interview
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of marks obtained in objective type test and descriptive type test. Those who will qualify the Main Exam, will be called for attending Group Discussion and Interview. Accordingly, the final selection will be done.
SBI PO Exam 2020 Preparation Tips
It is a very important section for every aspirant who is looking forward to appearing in the SBI PO 2020 recruitment exam. Each year lakhs of job seeker appear in this exam and only a few passionate persons got the appointment letter. It is one of the toughest recruitment exam in the country hence candidates should make a proper strategy to crack this exam. Check some SBI PO preparation tips below:
- First of all, candidates should know the selections process of SBI PO.
- Collect accurate information about the preliminary exam, main exam and interview & group discussion.
- Candidates should obtain official information bulletin to know the details about examination scheme.
- Make a proper routine for study and always follow your routine.
- Candidates must solve previous year question papers to have a better understanding of the nature of questions, important topics and other important points.
- Purchase some good books from the market and collect relevant study material.
- Give proper time to each section for balanced study. Focus more on tough topics.
- Stay healthy and fit to keep your study going.
- There is no shortcut to qualify the exam. Only practice and more practice can help you.
- The admit card will be issued to the eligible candidates prior to each examination.
- Candidates have to download the admit card from the official website of the SBI.
- Enter your registration number and date of birth in the concerned tab at the official website to download the admit card.
- The hard copy of the admit card will not be sent to anybody via post.
- Candidates must carry admit card along with photo ID proof during the exam otherwise they will not be allowed to enter in the examination centre.
The result for written exam will be published on the official website of the State Bank of India. The candidates who will qualify the Preliminary Exam will have to attend the Main Exam followed by Group Discussion and Interview. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in Main Exam and Group Discussion and Interview. Accordingly, the final result of the SBI PO 2020 exam will be declared after assessment of the performance during the exam.
SBI PO 2020 Selection Process
- As detailed above, the SBI PO 2020 Examination will be completed in three Steps i.e. Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Group Discussion & Interview.
- Those who qualify the Preliminary exam will be invited to appear in the Main Exam.
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of marks obtained in Main Exam will have to attend Group Discussion & Interview.
- At the end, the competent authority will prepare merit list on the basis candidates’ overall performance.
- Final selection will depend on the number of vacancies and number of qualified candidates.
- The competent authority has all rights reserved to take a call on the selection of any candidate.