PSTET 2021 notification will be released on the official website. The State Council of Education Research & Training (SCERT), Punjab is the regulating authority for conducting Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test. It is a state level entrance test through which the candidates can join teaching post of primary (class I to V) and junior high school (VI to VIII) as a teacher. The entrance test is likely to be held in the month of December 2021. Interested candidates must fill an application form with all pre-requisites before the last date of application form at the official website of the concerned authority.
Submission of PSTET 2021 application form will commence from the month of November 2021. Aspirants who are eligible to appear in the entrance test, can check relevant information regarding PSTET 2021 exam including its eligibility criteria, the process of making an application form, exam pattern, syllabus, selection process, and important dates etc. here in this article below.
PSTET 2021 Notification
- The Punjab TET 2021 notification will be released on the official website.
- Aspirants can submit application form through online mode. Registration process will commence from 1st week of November 2021.
- Interested candidates can apply online till last week of November 2021.
- All the candidates are recommended to go through eligibility criteria details before submitting the application form.
Punjab TET 2021 Important Dates
Candidates must know that the PSTET 2021 notification will be released online on the official website. Detailed information can be accessed on the official website i.e. www.pstet.net. Check PSTET 2021 tentative examination schedule in the table below:
|Exam Events||Important Dates|
|Online registration started from||November 2021|
|The closing of online application form||November 2021|
|Correction in the application form||November 2021|
|Release of admit card||December 2021|
|PSTET 2021 entrance test||December 2021|
Punjab TET 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates before filling up application form should check eligibility requirements to ensure eligibility for PSTET 2021. The candidates can check the following information in respect of PSTET eligibility criteria:
Eligibility for Class I to V
- Candidates should have minimum 50% marks at 10+2 level or its equivalent exam and passed/ appearing (last semester) in two-year diploma in Elementary Education. OR
- Candidates having 45% marks at 10+2 level or its equivalent exam and passed/appearing (Last semester) in two-year Diploma in Elementary Education according to the NCEE, Regulations 2002. OR
- 12th passed with minimum 50% marks and passed/appearing in four year Bachelor in Elementary Education. OR
- 12th passed with 50% marks and passed/appearing in two years of Diploma in Education. OR
- Candidates having Bachelor degree or appearing in last year of two-semester diploma in Elementary Education.
Eligibility for Class VI to VIII
- Candidates having Bachelor’s degree and completed/appearing in last semester of two-year Diploma in Elementary Education. OR
- Any graduate with minimum 50% marks and passed/appearing in one year B.Ed. degree course OR
- Candidates having Bachelor’s degree with minimum 45% marks and passed/appearing in one year B.Ed. as per NCTE’s norms and procedure. OR
- 12th or any equivalent exam passed with minimum 50% marks and qualified/appearing in last semester of 4 years Bachelor of Elementary Education. OR
- 12th or equivalent exam passed with minimum 50% marks and qualified/appearing in last semester of 4 years B.A. Ed./B.Sc. Ed. OR
- Candidates should have completed one-year B.Ed. with minimum 50% marks. Appearing candidates can also apply.
PSTET Application Form 2021
Candidates, who are fulfilling the eligibility criteria as mentioned above, should fill the application form before the last date. The application form will be available online at official website. The official website of the Department of School Education, Punjab is https://www.educationrecruitmentboard.com/. Candidates must fill the application form with all pre-requisites. An incomplete application form will be rejected.
The application fee for General/OBC candidates is Rs.600/-. However, SC/ST/PH candidates need to pay Rs.300/- only. There is no fee for ex-servicemen. Candidates can pay the application fee.
PSTET Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates should be aware of the PSTET exam pattern before appearing in the test. All the questions will be multiple choice questions where candidates need to mark correct one among the given options. It is important to mention here that there is no negative marking for the wrong attempt. The PSTET will consist of two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. Check the following information with regard to the PSTET exam pattern:
The Paper-I will be for those who want to become the teacher for class I to V. Check subject and number of question with marks in the table below:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30||30|
|Total||150 MCQs||150 Marks|
The Paper-II will be for those candidates who want to become the teacher for class VI to VIII. Candidates can check subject and number of question with marks in the table below:
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Language I (Compulsory)||30||30|
|Child Development and Pedagogy (Compulsory)||30||30|
|Language II (Compulsory)||30||30|
|Social Studies/Social Social Science (for Social Studies or Social Science teacher)||60||60|
|Mathematics and Science (for Mathematics and Science teacher )||60||60|
|Total||150 MCQs||150 Marks|
Punjab TET 2021 Admit Card
- Candidates will get admit card prior to the examination at least one or two weeks before the date of exam.
- The authority will issue the PSTET 2021 admit card through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to get their admit card on the official website.
- After visiting the website, candidates have to enter registration number and date of birth in the respective page to download the PSTET admit card.
- The candidates should check particulars of the admit card very carefully. If there is any mistake or discrepancy in respect of name, date of exam, venue etc. then report the same within the specified time limit.
- Candidates should take printout f the Hall Ticket/Admit Card and keep it safe for rest of the examination process.
- It is mandatory to bring admit card on the day of the exam for getting the entry in the exam centre.
PSTET 2021 Result and Qualifying Marks
The competent authority will publish the PSTET 2021 result on its official website. Candidates can easily obtain their result with the help of roll number/registration number and date of birth. After obtaining the result keep it safe for future reference. Candidate must score at least 60% marks or more in the PSTET exam in order to qualify the test. However, the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/PH) candidates are eligible for 5% relaxation hence, they need to score at least 55% marks.
Note: The competent authority has all rights reserved in order to set cut-off marks for the exam. No candidate can challenge the same.
Official Website: http://pstet.net/
Stay connected with us for more information on PSTET 2021 Exam.