Odisha NEET Counselling 2020 is likely to commence from the 3rd week of June 2020. The Directorate of Medical Education & Training, Odisha will organize the counselling for MBBS/BDS admissions in the State of Odisha. Candidates must know that the admission in MBBS and BDS course are offered only on the basis of NEET score. Those who qualify the NEET entrance test will be eligible to participate in the counselling process for getting admission. It is important to clarify here that the State Authority will conduct counselling for 85% State quota MBBS/BDS seats in various Government/Private Medical colleges. The Directorate General of Health Sciences will conduct the 15% AIQ seats through the centralized counselling. The counselling process will be held through online mode. Aspirants can check the relevant information on Odisha NEET 2020 counselling.
Odisha NEET Counselling 2020
- The registration for Odisha NEET Counselling 2020 may start from 3rd week of June 2020.
- NEET 2020 counselling for 15% AIQ seats will also in the month of June 2020.
Odisha MBBS/BDS Counselling 2020: Admission Dates
Candidates after qualifying the NEET exam have to go through either State counselling or Centralised counselling for admission in MBBS and BDS Course. The State authority will publish the notification on its official website regarding the date of registration for counselling. Here candidates can check tentative dates for Odisha NEET Counselling 2020:
|Online registration will start from||3rd week of June 2020|
|Closing of registration||Last week of June 2020|
|Display of registered applicants||Last week of June 2020|
|Verification of documents at nodal centres||1st week of July 2020|
|Announcement of merit list||1st week of July 2020|
|Choice filling and locking||2nd week of July 2020|
|1st round seat allotment result and downloading of provisional allotment letter||2nd week of July 2020|
|Reporting to the allotted college||3rd week of July 2020|
|Display of vacant seats||3rd week of July 2020|
Odisha MBBS/BDS Admission 2020: Selection Procedure
- The eligible candidates as per the NEET 2020 result can participate in State counselling.
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the State Authority to fill an online application form for counselling.
- After successful registration, go for choice filling and locking process. Candidates are recommended to be careful while giving preference of colleges and course.
- Candidates’ original documents will also be verified. After that, the eligible candidates will receive the provisional admission letter.
- Candidates have to requisite admission fee to acknowledge the allotted seat.
- The seat allotment will be done on the basis of candidates’ NEET rank, choice-filled, category and availability of seats etc.
- After the final round of counselling, OJEE will send the list of admitted candidates to the respective college/institute.
- All the candidates are recommended to report the allotted college before the last date as specified in the allotment letter.
The Odisha State will follow the current reservation rule of the State for admission in medical and dental courses. The reservation policy of the State for admission in various Govt./Private colleges will be as the following criteria:
- Schedule Caste (SC)- 8%
- Scheduled Tribe (ST)-12%
- Physically Disabled Persons-3% of each category
- Green card holders-5%
The candidates are recommended to carry all the documents in original along with photocopies during documents verification process in counselling. If any candidate failed to produce the required document then he/she may lose candidature for admission. Here candidates can check the list of important documents which will be verified during counselling:
- Seat allotment letter
- NEET 2020 Rank Card
- NEET 2020 Admit Card
- 10th mark sheet & certificate
- 12th mark sheet & certificate
- Domicile certificate
- Character certificate
- Category certificate if applicable
- Passport size photographs
- Identity proof such as Voter ID card, Aadhar Card etc.
Stay connected with us for more information on Odisha NEET Counselling 2020.