NEET 2020: National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is an all India level medical entrance exam through which aspirants can take admission in MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH UG courses. The NEET exam is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA). The exam is held twice in a year i.e. in the month of February and May. Candidates must know that there is no other entrance test except NEET through which they can take in the medical and dental UG courses i.e. MBBS, BDS & AYUSH UG courses. Candidates who are willing to pursue their higher education in the medical stream should prepare for NEET exam well in advance from 11th & 12th standard. Early and timely preparation can guide you to the success. Interested can check important information with regard to the NEET 2020 exam here.
NEET 2020 Notification
- NEET 2020 notification will be released by the National Testing Agency on its official website.
- The candidates can appear in both February and May exam to improve the score. However, it is not necessary to appear in both the exams. If students are satisfied with the February exam then no need to appear in the May exam.
- Candidates are recommended to read complete NEET 2020 information brochure before submitting NEET application form
NEET 2020 Exam Dates
The candidates can check tentative dates for both the February and May exam dates in the tables below:
February Exam Dates
|Availability of application from||October 2019|
|Las date for applying online||October 2019|
|Last date for payment of fee||October 2019|
|Correction window availability||November 2019|
|Release of Admit Card||January 2020|
|Date of Exam||February 2020|
|Answer key & OMR release date||March 2020|
|Result Declaration||March 2020|
|Counselling will start from||June 2020|
May Exam Dates
|Availability of NEET application form||March 2020|
|Last date for submitting application form||April 2020|
|Last date for making payment of fee||April 2020|
|Correction window availability||April 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||May 2020|
|Date of Exam||May 2020|
|Answer key & OMR release||May 2020|
|Announcement of result||June 2020|
|Counselling will commence from||June 2020|
NEET 2020 Summarized Information
|Exam Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Courses offered through NEET||MBBS, BDS and AYUSH UG Courses|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Number of Attempt||No Attempt Limit|
|Application Mode||Online mode only|
The minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st December of the admission year. The upper age limit is 25 years. However, reserved category candidates are eligible to get 5% relaxation in upper age limit.
|Qualification||12th exam Passed/appearing with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and Englishthe as compulsory subjects|
|NEET Application Fee||Rs.1400 for General/OBC candidates and Rs.750/- for SC/ST/PH candidates|
|Fee Payment Mode||Credit/Debit card, Net Banking/UPI etc.|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||3.00 hours|
|Number of Questions||180 questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Language Mode||Hindi, English, Gujarati, Marathi, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Tamil, Telugu and Kannada|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||Yes (-1 mark for each wrong attempt)|
NEET Application Form 2020: Instructions to Apply
Candidates who are set to appear in NEET 2020 exam, first satisfy yourself in respect of eligibility criteria. Aspirants need to follow the steps mentioned below while filling up the NEET 2020 Application Form:
- First, visit the official website of the board for gathering information.
- Check the eligibility criteria and go through it completely.
- Now fill the form completely with required details. Candidates should submit only one application form otherwise candidature will be cancelled.
- Upload the scanned passport size photograph, signature and index finger impression in JPEG format.
- Pay the required fee via online mode (Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking etc.) and offline mode (through bank challan).
- Submit the application form and thereafter, take the printout of the confirmation page.
- Any modification and correction in the application form can be done online only as per the directions.
- Candidates belonging to General/OBC category have to pay a sum of Rs. 1400/-
- Reserved category candidates have to pay Rs. 750/- as application fee.
- It is important to mention here that the applicants can pay application fee through Debit/Credit Card, Net Banking or Bank Challan.
- The application fee is a mandatory requirement and everyone must pay application fee otherwise their application will be incomplete.
Candidates are advised here that before going to apply for NEET 2020, must check the eligibility criteria prescribed by the competent authority. Go through the following information to ensure eligibility to appear in NEET:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India. Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) are also eligible.
- Candidates belonging to J&K, AP, Telangana are eligible for All India 15% quota only on the basis of self-declaration. They are eligible for admission in AFMC, Pune.
- For appearing in NEET, the minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st December of the admission year i.e. 2020.
- The upper age limit for general category candidates is 25 years while upper age limit for SC/ST/OBC candidates is 30 years as on date of examination.
- candidates seeking age relaxation under reserved category have to produce a relevant certificate to claim their eligibility under reserved category.
- Candidates must have completed Intermediate (12th) or its equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology with English as the compulsory subject.
- They should have got minimum 50% marks in the qualifying exam in case of general category and 45% marks for PWD candidates and 40% in case of reserved category.
- It is important to mention that candidates who are pursuing qualifying exam will also be eligible subject to the outcome of the result.
The category wise reservation criteria are as under:
- SC category candidates – 15 %
- Schedule Tribe (ST) – 7.5 %
- OBC Non-creamy Layer – 27%
- Person with disability – 3%
Requirement of Aadhar Card Number
Candidates must know that without having Aadhar Number, it is not possible to submit NEET application form. The CBSE has made the use of Aadhar Number mandatory for maintaining the accuracy in details provided in the application form, identifying of duplicate application form etc. Please keep in mind following things with regard to Aadhar Card:
- Candidates have to enter Aadhar Card details like Aadhaar number, name, gender and date of birth in the application form exactly as specified in Aadhar Card.
- If anyone does not have Aadhaar Card and have not enrolled yet then apply for the same immediately.
- There is various Aadhar enrollment centre in each city of examination through which aspirants can enroll for Aadhar Number.
NEET Exam Pattern
Candidates who are going to appear in NEET 2020, should be conversant with the exam pattern and syllabus. Based on available facts, the following information regarding exam pattern and syllabus has been collected:
- NEET 2020 Syllabus will contain the subjects namely Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology. The questions will be based on 11th & 12th standard.
- The exam is pen and paper based exam.
- The exam is scheduled to be held on 6th May 2018.
- The question paper will contain 180 objective type questions.
- Each question will have four choices, out of which, only 1 answer will be correct.
- Each question will carry 4 marks and for every correct answer, 4 marks will be given.
- There is a provision of negative marking. For each wrong answer, one fourth (1/4th) marks will be deducted.
- Duration of the exam will be 3.00 hours as prescribed.
- The language of the exam will be English, Hindi, Urdu and other languages as prescribed in the official notification.
- The subjects wise questions and marks will be distributed as under:
|Subject Section||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
NEET Preparation Tips
Candidates should follow instructions given below for better preparation of NEET Exam. Check NEET Preparation Tips as under:
- Candidates who are preparing for NEET 2020 exam, should be aware of the exam scheme.
- Download the official information bulletin and go through the syllabus.
- Make a time-table for each subject at your convenience.
- Divide the topics according to your understanding.
- Applicants should have a good command on 11th and 12th standard subject including Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Keep more concentration on your weak subject.
- Make practice note for important topics for ready reference later.
- Collect some good study material and competitive books.
- Do not take the unnecessary stress, always follow the routine and stay calm.
- A routine study will lead you to success in NEET 2020 exam.
NEET 2020 Admit Card
- Admit card for NEET 2020 will be available online on the official website of National Testing Agency.
- The candidate can download the admit card from the official website.
- The authority will not send hard copy of admit card to any individual in any case.
- Candidates must retain a copy of admit card along with them.
- The admit card will contain the necessary information like exam centre, exam date, duration of the exam etc.
- On the crucial date of NEET 2020 examination, one must bring admit card otherwise entry in the examination hall will not be possible.
NEET Answer Key
- The answer key of the NEET 2020 exam will be available at official website after examination.
- Candidates can download the answer key from the website.
- Candidates can check their answer given during the exam with the help of Answer keys provided by the competent authority.
- If any candidate found any discrepancy in the Answer Keys, he/she can challenge the same within a stipulated time.
NEET 2020 Result
- NEET result 2020 will be published on the official website of the National Testing Agency probably within a month from the date of exam.
- Candidates can obtain the result from the website using details like roll number/registration number.
- On the basis of written exam performance, the CBSE will shortlist eligible candidates.
- Candidate should take the printout of the result for future use.
- Successful candidates need to appear in the counselling process.
NEET Score Card
NEET 2020 Score Card will be available on official website of the NTA. Candidates can obtain their score-card directly from the official website. The score-card will consist candidate’s all India rank.
Take the printout of the result and score-card for future reference. Without valid score card, one cannot appear in the counselling.
NEET Cut-off Marks
- The Competent Authority will set cut-off marks as minimum qualifying criteria.
- The competent authority i.e. National Testing Agency will decide NEET 2020 cut-off marks on the basis of total number of candidates, number of seats available, number of marks obtained by the candidates and difficulty level of the exam.
NEET 2020 Counselling
- On the basis of NEET 2020 result, the successful candidates will be eligible to participate in the counselling process.
- The NEET Counselling 2020 will commence after the declaration of the NEET result.
- It is necessary to mention here that the candidates have to pay the requisite counselling fee for participation in the counselling.
- Candidates will get admission according to their choice-filled, rank and seat availability in the colleges.
- After seat allotment, candidates have to report to the respective college for further admission process.
Stay connected with us for more information on NEET 2020 Exam.