NDA 2020 registration process has been started from 8th January 2020. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts NDA (National Defence Academy) exam twice in a year in the month of April and September. It is an all India level entrance exam conducted in several cities of the Country. NDA is a recruitment exam for the candidates who are seeking entry as an officer in the Indian Army, Indian Air Force, and Indian Navy. Apart from having sound physical fitness and mental strength, candidates must fulfil basic requirement for appearing in NDA exam.
Aspirants who are passionate to join defence services can apply online at UPSC’s official portal. The notification for NDA-I 2020 exam has been published on the official website of the UPSC on 8th January 2020. The relevant information regarding NDA 2020 exam including NDA application form, eligibility criteria, examination pattern, syllabus, marking scheme, selection procedure, and important dates are provided below.
NDA 2020 Notification: Released
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has published NDA-I 2020 notification on its official website.
- The registration process for NDA (1) 2020 has been started from 8th January 2020.
- Interested candidates can apply till 28th January 2020. Click here to check application form details.
- Candidates are recommended to obtain the detailed information brochure and read all the information carefully before applying online.
NDA 2020 Examination Schedule
The candidates can check here official dates of the NDA exams in the tables below. Aspirants are recommended to apply within prescribed time schedule:
NDA (I) 2020 Examination Schedule
|Exam Events||Dates (Released)|
|NDA-I 2020 official notification will be published on||8th January 2020|
|Availability of application form||8th January 2020|
|Last date for filling up an application form||28th January 2020|
|Admit will be available from||Last week of March 2020|
|Entrance exam date||19th April 2020|
|Result declaration||May 2020|
NDA (II) 2020 Examination Schedule
|Exam Events||Respective Dates|
|NDA-II 2020 official notification will be published on||10th June 2020|
|Availability of application form||10th June 2020|
|Last date for filling up application form||30th June 2020|
|Admit will be available from||August 2020|
|Entrance exam date||6th September 2020|
|Result declaration||October 2020|
Aspirants are advised to read all the eligibility conditions before applying online for NDA 2020 exam. The prescribed eligibility criteria for NDA exam are:
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen/a subject of Bhutan or Nepal.
- A Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle here permanently.
(B) Age Limit and Marital Status:
- For NDA-I, the candidate should not be born before 2nd July 2001 and later than 1st July 2004.
- For NDA-II, the candidate should not be born before 2nd January 2002 and later than 1st January 2005.
- Date of birth mentioned in the 10th exam certificate or equivalent exam certificate will be taken into consideration for age count.
- Male candidate should not be married. Only unmarried candidate can apply.
(C) Educational qualification:
- For Army wing: Candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination conducted by State Education Board/University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy: Aspirants must have passed 12th Class with Physics and Mathematics subject from any State Board/University.
- Candidate appearing in the 12th class exam can also apply for NDA 2020 exam.
(D) Physical Standard:
- Applicant must be physically sound in respect of the physical standard prescribed by National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination 2020.
NDA Application Form 2020
Before applying online, aspirants must satisfy the eligibility conditions and ensure their eligibility as per the criteria given above. Step by step instructions for making application form for NDA 2020 are as under:
- The notification for submission of online application form will be issued for both NDA-I and NDA-II exam on 8th January 2020 and 10th June 2020 respectively which will be available on official website of the UPSC.
- NDA 2020 application form can be submitted by online mode only from 8th January 2020.
- Only one application should be submitted by an individual.
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the UPSC for registration.
- The registration process will be completed in two parts i.e. Part-I and Part-II.
- Applicants have to be careful while filling up an online application form.
- All the details in the required fields should be correct because modification or any correction will not be allowed once the application is submitted.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned passport size photograph and signature in JPEG format.
- To complete the registration process for NDA 2020, the candidate must have to pay the prescribed fee.
- Candidates are recommended that not to wait till the last date to submit the application. Apply online well in time before the due date.
- Applicants have to pay the requisite fee as application fee.
- Candidate belonging to General category have to pay Rs.100/-.
- Application fee of SC/ST candidate and sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are exempted.
- The fee can be paid through cash, net banking, and debit/credit card.
- For cash payment, candidates have to print system generated pay slip and submit the fee at SBI branch within 24.00 hours.
NDA Exam Pattern
A large number of applicant participates in the NDA exam and only a few candidates are finally selected. The candidates have to physically and mentally sound and he/she must be aware of the NDA exam pattern and selection procedure. The salient points are:
- The NDA entrance exam will consist of two paper.
- The paper will be bilingual i.e. both English and Hindi.
- Paper 1 will contain the questions from mathematics subject and Paper 2 will be based on General Ability.
- The maximum marks for Paper 1 will be 300 and Paper 2 will be of 600 marks.
- The duration of exam will be 2.30 hours.
- All the questions will be multiple choice questions having four choices.
- Negative marking will be applicable for wrong answers.
- Subsequently, candidates have to face SSB interview test if he/she qualifies the written test.
|Paper Code||Subject||Max Marks||Duration|
|2||General Ability Test||600||2.30 hours|
NDA Syllabus 2020
- Candidates must be conversant with the NDA syllabus before appearing in the exam.
- The syllabus for NDA 2020 will consist of two sections i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- The Mathematics subject i.e. Paper-I will contain questions from Trigonometry, Algebra, Matrices & Determinants, Analytical Geometry, Integral and Differential Calculus, Vector Algebra, Statics and Probability etc.
- Paper-II i.e. General Ability Test will contain General Knowledge, Physics, Chemistry, English, General Science, History, Geography and Current Affairs etc.
NDA Preparation Tips
The candidates can check following preparation tips with regard to the NDA 2020 exam:
- All the candidates who are going to appear in NDA 2020 exam, should make proper study plan and strategy.
- You should make a proper time table assigning a proper time for each subject for study.
- Try to cover each and every topic for better preparation.
- Collect the best books and study material from available sources like the internet and tuition centre and market.
- Practice previous year question paper and understand the pattern and difficulty level of questions. This practice will also help to find out important topics.
- Take care of your health and never take it for granted.
- Follow the healthy and nutritious diet and do Yoga & Meditation for physical and mental strength.
NDA Admit Card 2020
- The UPSC will publish NDA admit card through online mode at its official website.
- Candidate can get their admit card from the official website easily.
- The admit card for NDA 2020 will be issued by the UPSC probably two or three weeks prior to the NDA examination.
- Candidates have to provide details like Registration ID and Date of Birth for downloading the admit card.
- Candidates must know that the authority will not send admit card via post.
- The admit card will contain information like name of candidate, roll number, date of exam, exam centre with full address and important instructions for the exam.
- No one will be allowed to appear in the exam without having valid admit card.
The authority will publish NDA answer key on official website within a week after the commencement of exam. Candidates can obtain answer keys from the official website directly. After downloading answer keys, candidates should match their answer with the given set of answer keys. Candidates will be able to get an idea about their possible score of the examination. If anyone want to challenge any answer, he/she should apply in the proper way.
The NDA exam will be held at various exam centre throughout the country. It is likely to held in the following centre:
- The Union Public Service Commission will announce the NDA result after one month from the exam.
- Result will be available online in PDF format at the official website of the UPSC.
- Candidates can get the result by providing necessary details such as roll number and date of birth etc.
- Take at least one printout of the result for future reference.
- Shortlisted candidates need to appear in SSB Interview for final selection.
NDA Selection Process
NDA selection process includes written exam, SSB Interview and Medical Examination and document verification. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the NDA 2020 examination. SSB Interview process will have two stages where the candidates who qualify Stage-I will enter into the Stage-II only. Check the following information regarding the selection process:
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of written exam, will have to appear in SSB Interview.
- Candidates must attend SSB Interview on scheduled date and time as per the instructions given in the call letter.
- SSB Interview will consist of two stages which is a complete five day process.
- Stage I includes Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) and Picture Perception & Description Test (PP & DT) and
- Stage II will consist of Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks), Psychology Test, Interview and Conference.
Highlights of the NDA 2020 Exam
- NDA application form can be submitted through online mode only.
- After the due date, no one can fill the application form as the online link will be deactivated.
- Applicants must be careful while making entry in the application form as incorrect entries may lead to the rejection of the application form or candidature.
- The payment made by the applicants will not be refunded in any case and hence, go through complete advertisement before applying online.
- Candidates seeking any help during the registration process may approach to the help desk.
- Applicants have to reach the examination centre at least half an hour before the exam time.
- Those who failed to produce valid admit card issued by the UPSC will not be permitted to appear in the exam.
- If any candidate appear in the exam by hiding information such as age, education qualification etc. then his/her candidature is liable to be rejected.
- Admit card and result will be declared online on the official website hence candidates should keep checking the website for latest updates regarding the exam.
- We will also try to update each and every important update here regarding the exam.
Medical Examination and Verification of Documents
- Candidates will also go through a medical examination prior to final selection.
- After qualifying SSB Interview round, the authority will verify original documents of the candidates.
- Candidates must carry their all relevant original documents for verification purpose.
- After the medical test, the final merit list of selected candidates will be released.
Official Website: https://upsc.gov.in/
Stay tuned to Careerindiainfo.in for more information on NDA 2020 Exam.