NDA 2019 registration is starting from 9th January 2019 for NDA (I). The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) being a concerned recruitment authority conducts entrance test for selection of eligible candidates for admission in National Defence Academy (NDA). The NDA exam is a national level recruitment exam through which aspirants can achieve their dream of becoming part of Indian Army, Indian Air Force, and Indian Navy. The students who are passionate about joining the Indian defence services, can apply for NDA exam after completing intermediate. The NDA exam is conducted twice in a year and aspirants can apply for any of the NDA exams whether it is NDA-I or NDA-II. The aspirants are recommended to collect significant information such as NDA eligibility criteria, application form, exam pattern, and its syllabus etc. before submitting the NDA application form.
Notification for NDA exam is generally available in the month of January and June each year for NDA-I and NDA-II respectively. Those who are looking for appearing in NDA 2019 exam, can find below crucial information regarding the NDA exam including registration process and preparation tips etc.
NDA 2019 Notification
- The UPSC has announced the date of NDA 2019 exam. However, the detailed notification will be released on 9th January 2019 for NDA-I 2019 exam.
- The registration process will also start from 9th January 2019 on the official website of the UPSC.
- Candidates can apply till 4th February 2019. Click here to check application form details.
- The NDA(I) 2019 will be held on 21st April 2019 while NDA(2) 2019 is scheduled to be held on 17th November 2019.
- Click here to check NDA preparation tips
NDA 2019 Exam Overview
Aspirants can check here a quick summary of the NDA 2019 exam here in the table below:
|Exam Name||National Defence Academy (NDA) 2019|
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
|Date of NDA-I 2019 Exam||21st April 2019|
|Eligibility Criteria||12th Standard or Equivalent Exam Passed|
|Commence of the registration process||9th January 2019|
|Last date for applying online||4th February 2019|
Rs.100/-(SC/ST and Sons of JCOs, NCOs & Ors. are exempted hence, they need not pay the application fee)
|Mode of Payment||Net Banking/ Debit Card/Credit Card of E-Challan|
|Release of Hall Ticket||At least two or three weeks before the date of exam|
|Nature of questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Mode of Exam||Offline i.e. Pen and Paper Based Exam|
|Duration of Test||2.30 Hours|
Do not forget to carry
Admit Card along with ID Proof, Blue/Black Ball Point Pen, Passport Size Photograph etc.
Bluetooth Device, Mobile Phone, Calculator, Pagers or any other electronic device inside the exam hall.
NDA 2019 Exam Dates
Candidates can check NDA 2019 examination dates for both January and June exam in the table below. However, these dates are tentative in nature, but it will help candidates for better planning of the exam:
|Notification release date||9th January 2019||7th August 2019|
|Online registration will start from||9th January 2019||7th August 2019|
|Registration will close on||4th February 2019||3rd September 2019|
|Admit card release date||2nd week of January||1st week of September|
|Entrance exam date||21st April 2019||17th November 2019|
|Result announcement||May 2019||November 2019|
NDA 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must fulfil the basic eligibility requirements for appearing in NDA 2019 exam. You can obtain official notification from the UPSC’s website for detailed information on NDA 2019 eligibility requirements. However, candidates can also check the following information with regard to NDA eligibility criteria:
- An Indian national/a subject of Nepal or Bhutan/ a Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962 with an intention to settle down here permanently is eligible to apply.
- An Indian origin person who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, the United Republic of Tanzania and Ethiopia or Vietnam with an intention to settle down here permanently will also be eligible.
Age Limit Criteria
- Applicants should be born within 2nd July 2000 and 1st July 2003 for NDA-I exam.
- Those who born within 2nd January 2001 and 1st January 2004 are eligible for NDA-II.
Gender & Marital Status
- Male unmarried candidates are eligible to apply.
- Candidates must not for marriage until the completion of the training programme.
- Army Wing: Candidate must have passed 12th class or equivalent exam from the recognized board for Army Wing. However, those who are appearing in the 12th class are eligible to apply.
- Air Force & Naval Wing of NDA and 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy: Candidate should have passed 12thclass or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics subjects from a recognized board/university. Candidates appearing in qualifying exam can also apply.
- Physical and mental strength are also the essential eligibility criteria which will also be examined.
- It is also important to mention here that those who have withdrawn/resigned on disciplinary grounds from any institutions, training academies of Armed Forces will not be considered eligible.
NDA Application Form 2019: How to apply?
The candidates preparing for appearing in NDA 2019 exam, must verify their eligibility before making application form. Thereafter, candidates have to follow certain steps in order to submit the application form. You can check the following information in respect of NDA Application Form 2019:
- Candidates can apply online at official website of the concerned authority which is UPSC.
- First, collect all the necessary documents and information then go for registration.
- NDA-I 2019 registration process will commence from 9th January 2019 and NDA-II 2019 from 7th August 2019.
- The registration includes filling up personal details including correspondence address, uploading of photograph and signature, details of educational qualification and payment of application fee.
- Candidate should remember one thing that you can submit online one application and also ensure all information provided in the application form are correct.
- Everyone should apply well in advance before the prescribed due date to avoid last hour rush or technical problem.
- Must check all the entries before submitting the application form.
- At the end after submitting the form, take printout out of the confirmation page or submitted application form for future reference.
- There is no need to send hard copy of the confirmation page/application form to the UPSC.
The application fee is Rs. 100/- for General and OBC category candidates. There is an exemption for SC/ST candidates and sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs. The Payment of application fee is an essential part to complete the registration process. Applicants can pay the fee through net banking, credit/debit card and bank challan.
NDA Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates should start preparation for NDA 2019 exam as per the prescribed examination scheme. It is a national level entrance exam where a large number of applicants participates in this exam. Therefore, candidates need to put all possible efforts to qualify the exam. Go through the following information in respect of NDA exam pattern:
- The entrance test consists of two paper i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Paper-I is a test of candidate’s mathematical ability and Paper-II is a General Ability test.
- The entrance test will be held through offline mode i.e. pen and paper-based mode.
- Paper will consist of multiple choice questions where candidates have to pick right answer among given choices.
- Questions will be available in both Hindi and English language.
- Paper-I i.e. Mathematics will be of 300 marks and Paper-II i.e. General Ability will be of 600 marks.
- The exam duration will be of 2.30 hours.
- Negative marking is applicable in NDA exam for attempting wrong answer. For every wrong attempt, 1/3rd marks will be deducted.
|GAT (Section 1- English)||200||2.30 Hours|
|GAT (Section 2- General Knowledge)||400|
|SSB Interview Marks||900|
NDA Syllabus 2019
The aspirants must go through the NDA syllabus for better preparation of the exam. The syllabus of the NDA exam will consist of General Knowledge, English and Mathematics subjects. Check the following information with regard to the NDA 2019 syllabus:
Concept of set, operations on sets, operations on matrices, types of matrices, Venn Diagrams, Determinant of a Matrix, Trigonometric Identities Sum and Difference Formulae, Trigonometrical Ratios, Distance Formula, Equation of a Line in Various Forms, Distance of a Point From a Line, Angle between Two Lines, Composite Functions, Equation of a Circle in Standard and in General Form, Onto and Inverse Functions, One to One, Notion of Limit, Standard Limits, Statistics and Probability, etc.
General Aptitude Test (GAT):
English: Grammar and Usage, Vocabulary, Comprehension and Cohesion in extended text to test the candidate’s proficiency in English. This section is designed to check the candidate’s ability to understand the English language and use of words.
General Knowledge: This section covers the subjects like Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Geography, History, Current Events, Freedom Movement, etc.
How to Prepare for NDA 2019 Exam?
The time you spend in preparation will play a crucial role in your performance during the exam. Hence, candidates must be serious enough to crack the exam. It will require a proper strategy to start preparation. Here are some of the preparation tips suggested below which you can implement:
- Firstly, you are required to make a suitable study plan keeping in mind all the factors such as syllabus, important topics, weak subject, daily routine etc.
- Collect all the information regarding prescribed NDA syllabus and examination scheme.
- Prepare a good study timetable for preparation of the exam and follow the same passionately.
- Collection of right and meaningful study material is also important for preparation. Hence, collect some good reference books and notes with regard to the NDA exam.
- Solving previous year questions papers are also helpful as the practice helps in understanding the exam pattern including difficulty level of the questions.
- Preparing short notes are also good for revision at the end.
- Recommended to take care of your health and don’t take the unnecessary stress.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
The aspirants can check here some of the questions which are frequently asked by the applicants:
Question: How to submit NDA application form 2019?
Answer: The aspirants can apply online for NDA 2019 exam.
Question: Should I send the printout of the application form to the UPSC?
Answer: No, there is no need to send the printout of the application form.
Question: When will NDA registration start for the year 2019?
Answer: The online registration for NDA (I) 2019 will commence from 9th January 2019 and NDA (II) from 7th August 2019.
Question: If I submit more than one application, then which application will be considered?
Answer: If you submit more than one application then last application will be considered.
Question: How to make payment of application fee?
Answer: You can pay NDA application fee through online mode on the official website using net banking, debit/credit card or e-challan.
Question: Sir, can I submit application form after the last with late fee?
Answer: No, you cannot apply after the last date of application form.
Question: Sir I am going to appear in the 12th standard, can I apply?
Answer: Yes, you can apply. However, you must qualify the exam with fulfilling the current eligibility norms.
Question: How to check the examination pattern of the NDA exam?
Answer: The NDA exam pattern information is given above. Check carefully the details.
NDA Admit Card 2019
The NDA admit card will be available online at official website two or three weeks prior to the NDA exam. Candidates can download the NDA 2019 admit card from the website directly. The UPSC i.e. exam conducting authority will not send the hard copy of the admit card to any individual through any other mean.
After downloading the admit card, check particulars mentioned in the admit card. If you find any error or discrepancy in the admit card, report the same to the competent authority. Take print out of the admit card and carry the same on the day of the entrance test.
NDA Answer Keys 2019
The NDA answer keys will be available online. Candidates can check answer key for NDA 2019 exam through online mode. It is expected that the answer key will be available within a week after the date of the exam.
There will be different answer keys for different sets of papers. The candidates can calculate the expected score in the exam with the help of answer keys.
NDA 2019 Result
- The UPSC will publish NDA result 2019 on its official website in due course of time after completion of the exam.
- Candidates with the help of roll number/registration number and date of birth can avail their result from the website.
- After getting the result, take a printout of the same for reference.
- As per the merit list, those who qualify the written test will have to appear in SSB interview.
- Final selection will depend on the candidate’s written exam performance, SSB Interview result, document verification etc.
NDA 2019 Cut Off
The UPSC will publish cut off marks for the NDA 2019 exam on the official website. Candidates can check NDA Cut Off 2019 details below:
- The cut off marks are the minimum qualifying marks required to qualify the exam.
- Cut off marks may vary for both the rounds.
- After the declaration of the NDA result, candidates can check cut off marks within a week.
- The cut-off marks for the previous year written exam was 342.
- However, the final cut off marks were 708.
- The cut marks depend on the number of applicants, candidates’ overall performance in the written exam and interview process and seat availability. Therefore, cut off marks may vary for each year.
NDA Selection Procedure (SSB Interview)
The candidates have to through certain steps in order to complete the selection process for NDA exam. Here is the crucial information below, check carefully:
- First of all, the candidates have to appear in the written exam.
- Thereafter, shortlisting will be done on the basis of candidates’ written exam performance.
- Further, shortlisted candidates will have to go through SSB interview round.
- There will be two stages i.e. State 1 and Stage 2 in NDA SSB interview.
- During the Stage 1, candidates have to face OIR (Officer Intelligence Rating) and PP & DT (Picture Perception & Description Test).
- On the basis of the Stage 1 performance, candidates will be selected for Stage 2 i.e Group Testing Officer Tasks, Psychology Tests and the Conference.
- The entire SSB Interview process will take four to five days to complete.
- Shortlisted candidates after Stage 2, will be recommended for medical examination before final selections.
- Candidates have to put 100% efforts to clear all the stages of the selections process.
Official Website: https://upsconline.nic.in/
Stay connected with us for more information on NDA 2019 Exam.