NDA 2018: The candidates must be aware that the NDA-II 2018 admit card has been released on 20th August 2018. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts NDA (National Defence Academy) exam twice in a year in the month of April and September. NDA-II 2018 is scheduled to be held on 9th September 2018. It is an all India level entrance exam conducted in several cities of the Country. NDA is a recruitment exam for the candidates who are seeking entry as an officer in Indian Army, Indian Air Force, and Indian Navy. Apart from having sound physical fitness and mental strength, candidates must fulfil basic requirement for appearing in NDA exam.
Aspirants who are passionate to join defence services can apply online at UPSC’s official portal. The notification for NDA-I and NDA-II 2018 exam will be published on the official website of the UPSC on 15th January 2018 and 6th June 2018 respectively. The relevant information regarding NDA 2018 exam including NDA 2018 application form, eligibility criteria, examination pattern, syllabus, marking scheme, selection procedure, and important dates are provided below.
NDA 2018 (II) Notification: Admit Card Released
- Update: The NDA-II 2018 admit card has been released on 20th August 2018. Click here to check the admit card details.
- The NDA (II) 2018 exam is scheduled to be held on 9th September 2018.
NDA 2018 Examination Schedule
As per the official calendar of the UPSC, the dates for NDA 2018 (II) exams have been released. Candidates can check the important dates below:
NDA (II) 2018 Examination Schedule
|Exam Events||Respective Dates|
|NDA-II 2018 official notification will be published on||6th June 2018|
|Availability of application form||6th June 2018|
|Last date for filling up application form||2nd July 2018|
|Admit will be available from||20th August 2018|
|Entrance exam date||9th September 2018|
|Result declaration||October 2018|
NDA (I) 2018 Examination Schedule
|Exam Events||Respective Dates|
|NDA-I 2018 official notification will be published on||15th January 2018|
|Availability of application form||15th January 2018|
|Last date for filling up application form||5th February 2018|
|Admit will be available from||27th March 2018|
|Entrance exam date||22nd April 2018|
|Result declaration||15th June 2018|
NDA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants are advised to read all the eligibility conditions before applying online for NDA 2018 exam. The prescribed eligibility criteria for NDA exam are:
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen/a subject of Bhutan or Nepal.
- A Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle here permanently.
(B) Age Limit and Marital Status:
- For NDA-I, the candidate should not be born before 2nd July 1999 and later than 1st July 2002.
- For NDA-II, the candidate should not be born before 2nd January 2000 and later than 1st January 2003.
- Date of birth mentioned in the 10th exam certificate or equivalent exam certificate will be taken into consideration for age count.
- Male candidate should not be married. Only unmarried candidate can apply.
(C) Educational qualification:
- For Army wing: Candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination conducted by State Education Board/University.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at Indian Naval Academy: Aspirants must have passed 12th Class with Physics and Mathematics subject from any State Board/University.
- Candidate appearing in the 12th class exam can also apply for NDA 2018 exam.
(D) Physical Standard:
- Applicant must be physically sound in respect of the physical standard prescribed by National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination 2018.
Check Detailed Information About NDA Eligibility Criteria 2018
How to apply for NDA 2018?
Before applying online, aspirants must satisfy the eligibility conditions and ensure their eligibility as per the criteria given above. Step by step instructions for making application form for NDA 2018 are as under:
- The notification for submission of online application form will be issued for both NDA-I and NDA-II exam on 15th January 2018 and 6th June 2018 respectively which will be available on official website of the UPSC.
- NDA 2018 application form can be submitted by online mode only.
- Only one application should be submitted by an individual.
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the UPSC for registration.
- The registration process will be completed in two parts i.e. Part-I and Part-II.
- Applicants have to be careful while filling up an online application form.
- All the details in the required fields should be correct because modification or any correction will not be allowed once the application is submitted.
- Candidates have to upload the scanned passport size photograph and signature in JPEG format.
- To complete the registration process for NDA 2018, the candidate must have to pay the prescribed fee.
- Candidates are recommended that not to wait till the last date to submit the application. Apply online well in time before the due date.
- Applicants have to pay the requisite fee as application fee.
- Candidate belonging to General category have to pay Rs.100/-.
- Application fee of SC/ST candidate and sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are exempted.
- Fee can be paid through cash, net banking, and debit/credit card.
- For cash payment, candidate have to print system generated pay slip and submit the fee at SBI branch within 24.00 hours.
Check important instructions to make NDA Application Form 2018
NDA Exam Pattern
A large number of applicant participates in the NDA exam and only a few candidates are finally selected. The candidates have to physically and mentally sound and he/she must be aware about the exam pattern and selection procedure. The salient points are:
- The NDA entrance exam will consist of two paper.
- The paper will be bilingual i.e. both English and Hindi.
- Paper 1 will contain the questions from mathematics subject and Paper 2 will be based on General Ability.
- The maximum marks for Paper 1 will be 300 and Paper 2 will be of 600 marks.
- The duration of exam will be 2.30 hours.
- All the questions will be multiple choice questions having four choices.
- Negative marking will be applicable for wrong answers.
- Subsequently, candidate have to face SSB interview test if he/she qualify the written test.
|Paper Code||Subject||Max Marks||Duration|
|2||General Ability Test||600||2.30 hours|
NDA Syllabus 2018
- Candidates must be conversant with the NDA syllabus before appearing in the exam.
- The syllabus for NDA 2018 will consist of two section i.e. Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- The Mathematics subject i.e. Paper-I will contain questions from Trigonometry, Algebra, Matrices & Determinants, Analytical Geometry, Integral and Differential Calculus, Vector Algebra, Statics and Probability etc.
- Paper-II i.e. General Ability Test will contain General Knowledge, Physics, Chemistry, English, General Science, History, Geography and Current Affairs etc.
NDA Preparation Tips 2018
- All the candidates who are going to appear in NDA 2018 exam, should make proper study plan and strategy.
- You should make a proper time table assigning a proper time for each subject for study.
- Try to cover each and every topic for better preparation.
- Collect best books and study material from available sources like internet and tuition centre and market.
- Practice previous year question paper and understand the pattern and difficulty level of questions. This practice will also help to find out important topics.
- Take care of your health and never take it for granted.
- Follow healthy and nutritious diet and do Yoga & Meditation for physical and mental strength.
Check more details about NDA Preparation Tips
NDA Admit Card 2018
- The UPSC will publish NDA admit card through online mode at its official website.
- NDA (II) 2018 has been released online on 20th August 2018.
- Candidate can get their admit card from the official website easily.
- The admit card for NDA 2018 will be issued by the UPSC probably two or three weeks prior to the NDA examination.
- Candidates have to provide details like Registration ID and Date of Birth for downloading the admit card.
- Candidates must know that the authority will not send admit card via post.
- The admit card will contain information like name of candidate, roll number, date of exam, exam centre with full address and important instructions for the exam.
- No one will be allowed to appear in the exam without having valid admit card.
NDA Answer Key 2018
The authority will publish NDA answer key on official website within a week after the commencement of exam. Candidates can obtain answer keys from the official website directly. After downloading answer keys, candidates should match their answer with the given set of answer keys. Candidates will be able to get an idea about their possible score of the examination. If anyone want to challenge any answer, he/she should apply in the proper way.
NDA 2018 Result
- The Union Public Service Commission will announce the NDA result after one month from the exam.
- Result will be available online in PDF format at the official website of the UPSC.
- Candidates can get the result by providing necessary details such as roll number and date of birth etc.
- Take at least one printout of the result for future reference.
- Shortlisted candidates need to appear in SSB Interview for final selection.
NDA Selection Process
NDA selection process includes written exam, SSB Interview and Medical Examination and document verification. Merit list will be prepared on the basis of marks scored in the NDA 2018 examination. SSB Interview process will have two stages where the candidates who qualify Stage-I will enter into the Stage-II only. Check the following information regarding selection process:
- Shortlisted candidates on the basis of written exam, will have to appear in SSB Interview.
- Candidates must attend SSB Interview on scheduled date and time as per the instructions given in the call letter.
- SSB Interview will consist of two stages which is a complete five day process.
- Stage I includes Officer Intelligence Rating (OIR) and Picture Perception & Description Test (PP & DT) and
- Stage II will consist of Group Testing Officer Tasks (GTO Tasks), Psychology Test, Interview and Conference.
Medical Examination and Verification of Documents
- Candidates will also go through a medical examination prior to final selection.
- After qualifying SSB Interview round, the authority will verify original documents of the candidates.
- Candidates must carry their all relevant original documents for verification purpose.
- After the medical test, final merit list of selected candidates will be released.
Stay tuned to Careerindiainfo.in for more information on NDA 2018 Exam.