MAT 2021: All India Management Association (AIMA) conducts Management Aptitude Test (MAT) for the students seeking management courses. MAT is a national level largest test in the country. The exam held four times in a year. Aspirants can fill the MAT application form in the month of February, May, September and December of any year. MAT score is considered by many B-Schools in the Country. The candidates seeking admission in MBA courses, can find here the relevant information regarding the MAT 2020 Examination. Online application form is available now and candidates can register online now. The eligibility criteria, exam schedule, guidelines to apply, exam pattern and syllabus are elaborated below.
MAT 2021 Examination Schedule
The candidates can check crucial dates in the table below. We will update actual dates later after the release of the official notification:
|Exam Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Online application form will be invited from||December 2020|
|Last date for applying online||January 2021|
|Admit card will be available from||January 2021|
|MAT Exam date||February 2021|
|MAT Result declaration date||February 2021|
MAT Eligibility Criteria 2021
Interested candidates must fulfill prescribed eligibility criteria for appearing in MAT 2021 exam. Candidates should ensure their eligibility first be applying for MAT. The required eligibility criteria for appearing in MAT exam are as below:
- Academic Qualification: Candidate must possess a graduation degree in any discipline.
- Candidates Appearing in last semester of the graduation are also eligible to apply for MAT Exam.
- Age Limit: There is no specific age limit prescribed for appearing in the MAT exam.
- Number of Attempts: No such limit specified for appearing in MAT exam.
MAT Application Form 2021: How to apply?
- Candidates must satisfy themselves in respect of the eligibility criteria as stated above.
- Before applying, go through complete information bulletin.
- Candidate can fill the application form for MAT 2021 exam via online or offline mode.
- The application form is available online now from December 2020.
- Candidates can submit online application form till last week of January 2021.
- Candidates can purchase OMR application form along with MAT information brochure from AIMA, New Delhi by paying the requisite application fee.
- In case of an online application form, candidates have to access the official website.
- Fill all the details carefully and correctly in the MAT application form.
- Candidates also need to upload photograph and signature with specified dimension and size.
- After submitting the application form, candidates will get the acknowledgment receipt.
- Candidates can also check the status of their application after few days from the submission of the application form.
- All the candidates have to pay Rs.1271/- as application fee. Payment of fee can be made via Demand Draft, Net Banking and Credit/Debit Card.
- The Demand Draft should be in favour of All India Management Association payable at New Delhi.
- There is no fee exemption for reserve category candidates.
- In case of payment through Demand Draft, candidates need to send the printout of filled in application form along with DD to AIMA, New Delhi.
MAT Exam Pattern 2021
Aspiring candidates are advised to do preparation according to the examination pattern of the MAT exam. The important highlights of the MAT 2021 examination pattern & syllabus are as below:
- The MAT examination is held in both online (CBT) and offline mode (PBT).
- Candidate have to choose one option either Paper Based Test or Computer Based Test for appearing in the MAT 2018 examination.
- Total number of question in the exam will be 200 questions.
- All the questions will multiple choice in nature having four choices.
- There will be five subject section in the paper having 40 questions each.
- Each question will carry weightage of 1 mark.
- The subjects are Mathematical skills, Data Analysis & Sufficiency, Intelligence & Critical Reasoning, Indian & Global Environment and Language comprehension.
- The duration of MAT exam would be 2.30 hours (150 minutes).
- There will be negative marking and 0.25 marks will be deducted as penalty.
MAT Preparation Tips
Candidates can check preparation tips to crack MAT 2021 exam and it will definitely work if you execute properly:
- First of all, you must be aware of the exam pattern and syllabus.
- There is 5 subject section as mentioned above and hence you should make your strategy accordingly.
- In this exam, negative marking is applicable hence, do not attempt questions blindly. Be careful while attempting questions.
- Learn time management because it is very important for any exam in order to attempt the whole question paper with proper attention.
- Practice mock test and also solve previous years question papers for getting an idea about the exam pattern.
- Purchase some important books related to MAT exam and also collect good study material.
- Always take care of your health because it will also play a significant role.
- At the end, I suggest you, stay calm, be patients and keep routine study without taking any stress.
MAT Admit Card
The admit card for MAT 2021 exam will be issued to the eligible candidate. Candidate can avail the admit card from the official website of the AIMA. The admit card will be available in the month of January 2021. Candidates have to download the admit card via online mode only. The hard copy will not be sent to anyone in any case.
MAT Result 2021
MAT 2021 result will be declared at the appropriate time after completion of the entrance test. The candidate can check their result at the official website of the AIMA. You can download your result from the official website by entering roll number, application form number etc. in the given field at result tab.
MAT 2021 Score Card
- The AIMA will issue the MAT Score Card to each candidate.
- Candidates have to download the same from the official website.
- MAT Score Card will be valid for one year only.
- Candidates have to apply for admission in any B-School in the same academic session.
MAT Admission Procedure
- After the declaration of result/scorecard, candidates are required to approach the desired institute for admission.
- On the basis of score accorded, the candidate can apply for admission in any of the Management Institute/Business School.
- Each institute has its own guidelines for admission, candidate are required to follow the procedure.
- Final admission will be based on various factor such as MAT Score, the number of vacant seats and candidate’s overall performance in interview/ counselling.
Stay tuned to Careerindiainfo.in for more information on Management Aptitude Test.