KCET 2019: The Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) is a State level entrance exam conducted for admission in Engineering, Agriculture and Pharmacy etc. courses. The Karnataka Examination Authority is the exam conducting authority for KCET exam. Karnataka CET 2019 exam is likely to be held in the month of May 2019. Interested candidates must apply as per the prescribed schedule. Various Government and Private Institutions/Universities in the State of Karnataka considers KCET score for providing admission in different courses. However, it is important to clarify here that the admission in medical and dental courses will be held through NEET 2019 exam. Similarly, admission in architecture courses will be done on the basis of JEE Main and NATA score.
Aspirants must fill the KCET application form 2019 through online mode within the given time frame. The application form will be available online probably in the month of January 2019. Candidates can check details regarding the registration process, eligibility, examination pattern, syllabus and important dates as below.
KCET 2019 Notification
- The notification for Karnataka CET 2019 exam will be available online probably in the month of January 2019.
- Online registration for KCET 2019 exam will start from last week of January 2019.
- The entrance test will be held most probably in the month of May 2019.
KCET 2019 Exam Dates
The applicants can check KCET 2019 exam schedule in the table below. Dates mentioned here are tentative in nature which are taken from the previous year exam schedule. Actual dates will be updated after the announcement of the KCET official notification:
|Exam Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Availability of application form||January 2019|
|Due date for making payment of application fee||March 2019|
|Last date for submitting application form||March 2019|
|Admit card release date||April 2019|
|Date of Exam||April 2019|
|Result declaration||Last week of May 2019|
|Counselling will commence from||June 2019|
KCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can check the following eligibility criteria before applying for KCET 2019 entrance exam. The eligibility criteria are:
Criteria for Engineering/Architecture Courses
- Applicants should have passed 2nd PUC/12th or its equivalent exam from a recognised board/institute.
- He/she should have Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subject and English as a language subject.
- Candidates should have obtained minimum 45% marks in Physics and Mathematics along with one optional subject among Biology/Biotechnology/ Electronics/Chemistry/Computer Science.
- Reserved category candidates should have secured at least 40% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam can also apply subject to the outcome of the result.
Criteria for degree courses in Pharmacy/Science
- Aspirants should have completed 2nd PUC/12th (Intermediate) or its equivalent exam from a recognised board/institute.
- They should have Physics, Chemistry and Biology as mandatory subject and English as a language subject.
- Candidates must have secured at least 50% marks (40% for reserved category candidates) in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
KCET Application Form 2019
The candidates, who found themselves eligible as per the above-mentioned eligibility criteria, can proceed ahead for submitting KCET application form. Go through the following information to know the steps for submitting application form:
- The KCET 2019 application form will be available on official website, probably in the month of January 2019.
- Interested candidates have to apply through online mode only. Application submitted via any other mode will not be entertained.
- Candidates have to enter personal details, educational details and communication address etc. in the application form.
- All the information filled in application form should be true in all respect. Any false information will lead cancellation of candidature.
- Candidates have to upload recent passport size photograph and signature in the space specified.
- The images must be in the prescribed format and specifications given.
- Pay the requisite application fee in order to complete the application process.
- Do not forget to take print out of the duly submitted application form for future reference.
The candidates can pay application fee through bank challan. Applicants residing outside India can pay application fee through Demand Draft which should be drawn in favour of Executive Director, Karnataka Examination Authority payable at Bangalore. Candidates must send the DD to KEA address given in the application number. The category wise fee details are as below:
|Candidate’s Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|SC/ST candidates of Karnataka||500/-|
|Candidates residing outside of Karnataka||750/-|
|Candidates residing outside of India||5000/-|
Check step by step instructions to make KCET Application Form
KCET Exam Pattern 2019
The candidates can check KCET 2019 exam pattern in details below:
- The KCET 2019 exam will be held offline i.e. Pen and Paper Based exam.
- Question paper will contain multiple choice question having four alternatives.
- The duration of the exam will be 320 minutes i.e. 80 minutes for each subject.
- Negative marking is not applicable in the exam hence, no marks will be deducted for the wrong answer.
- One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- The subject section of the exam, number of question are as under:
|4.||Kannada (In case)||50||80|
KCET Admit Card 2019
- The competent authority will issue admit card to the candidates via online mode.
- The admit card will be available on the official website probably in the month of April 2019.
- Candidates have to download the admit card from the website. The authority will not send admit card to anyone through the post.
- Enter registration number and date of brith for downloading the admit card.
- Admit card will contain the information regarding exam date, venue of the exam, candidate’s name and roll number etc.
- Candidates have to carry admit card while appearing in the exam otherwise entry will not be possible.
KCET 2019 Result
The result of the entrance exam will be published on the official website in due course of time after completion of the exam. Candidates can get their result through online mode only. The result will be available probably in the month of June 2019. The competent authority will prepare a merit list on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in written exam. Take print out of the result for further admission process.
KCET Counselling 2019
After the declaration of the KCET result, shortlisted candidates will be called for appearing in the KCET 2019 counselling. The counselling will commence probably in the month of June 2019. Candidates have to attend the counselling as per the notified schedule.
Counselling process will be completed in various rounds as per the seat availability and it will be held through online mode. During the counselling process, candidates have to go through various steps such as documents choice filling, allotment of seat, confirmation of seat, verification of documents and reporting to the allotted college.
Final admission will be done on the basis of performance in written exam, seats available, choice-filled and verification of original documents.
Documents required during counselling
- 10th & 12th Marking and Certificate in original
- KCET 2019 admit card
- KCET 2019 scorecard
- Category certificate (if applicable)
- Two passport size photographs
- Printout of the filled application form
Stay connected with us for more information on KCET 2019.