JIPMER MBBS 2021: The MBBS aspirants who are looking for admission in JIPMER (Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research), Puducherry must know the admission process. JIPMER MBBS is a national level entrance test for admission in MBBS programme. After qualifying the JIPMER MBBS exam, candidates will be eligible to get admission in JIPMER Karaikal & Puducherry campuses. The JIPMER MBBS 2021 exam is likely to be held in the month of June 2021. Interested candidates can check here relevant information about JIPMER 2021 MBBS application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and important dates etc. in this article below.
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Exam Dates
Aspirants can check the JIPMER MBBS 2021 examination schedule in this article below:
|The beginning of online application form||March 2021|
|Last date for submitting application form||April 2021|
|Admit card release date||3rd week of May 2021|
|JIPMER 2021 exam date||June 2021|
|Declaration of result and rank letter||June 2021|
|1st round counselling||June 2021|
|2nd round counselling||July 2021|
|3rd counselling||August 2021|
|Final counselling||September 2021|
|Admission will be closed by||September 2021|
JIPMER 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The applicants must satisfy the prescribed eligibility norms in order to appear in the JIPMER MBBS 2021 entrance test. Candidates should not proceed ahead before ensuring eligibility to appear in the exam. Check the following information with regard to JIPMER eligibility criteria:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India or Overseas Citizen of India.
- The candidates should complete the minimum age of 17 years at the time of admission or before 31st December 2021.
- Those who are born on or before 1st January 2003 can apply online at official website.
- No upper age limit is prescribed for the exam.
- Qualifying exam: Candidates should have completed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board/institute.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: Candidates must score minimum 50% marks together in the qualifying exam. However, the reserved category (SC/ST/OBC/OPH) and General (OPH) candidates should obtain at least 40% and 45% marks respectively.
- Subjects: Students should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Biotechnology subjects in the qualifying exam i.e. 12th standard.
- Appearing Students: Those who are appearing in qualifying exam can also apply subject to the condition that they must qualify admission with minimum qualifying marks.
JIPMER MBBS Application Form 2021
The students should obtain JIPMER MBBS 2021 information brochure from the official website and check all the guidelines for making application form. Check the following information with regard to JIPMER application form:
- Candidates should know that they JIPMER application form 2021 can be submitted through online mode only.
- The registration for JIPMER MBBS application will start from 1st week of March 2021.
- Candidates must apply online before the last date of application form.
- Applicants must fill all the details carefully in the application form as there is no provision of modification in the application at the later stage.
- All the information provided in the application form should be correct and true in all manners.
- Candidates also need to upload scanned photograph and signature with the prescribed specification.
- Make payment of requisite application fee through online mode.
- At the end submit the application form and do not forget take printout of the confirmation page.
- The candidates can pay the application fee through online mode such as net banking, debit/credit card. Application fee once paid is not refundable.
- The category wise fee structure is as under:
|General (UR) candidates||Rs.1500/-|
|OPH & P-OPH||Exempted|
JIPMER MBBS Exam Pattern
Candidates must be conversant with the prescribed exam pattern and syllabus. Check JIPMER exam pattern below:
- Exam Mode: The entrance test will be a computer based online exam.
- Test Duration: The duration of exam will be 2.30 hours.
- Total Questions: There will be 200 questions in the JIPMER question paper.
- Type of Questions: All the questions will multiple choices in nature having four alternate choices where candidates have to choose the correct answer.
- Language: The question paper will be bilingual i.e. English and Hindi.
- Marking Scheme: Each question will carry 4 marks hence, for every correct response 4 marks will be given.
- Negative Marking: Note applicable in this exam.
- Candidates can check the subject-wise distribution of the question in the table below:
|Subject Name||No. of questions|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
|English Language and Comprehension||10|
JIPMER MBBS 2021 Syllabus
All the students should prepare according to the prescribed syllabus. The syllabus of JIPMER MBBS will be based on 11th and 12th standard subjects. The syllabus will include Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, Logical Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude and English Comprehension. All the aspirants are recommended to keep strong command on these subjects to ensure success in the entrance test.
JIPMER MBBS Admit Card
- The JIPMER admit card will be available through online mode at the official website.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card from the third week of May 2021.
- Candidates should know that the concerned authority will not issue the hard copy of the admit card via post.
- The candidates must carry admit card along with valid ID proof in original while going to appear in the exam.
JIPMER MBBS Result 2021
The JIPMER will announce JIPMER MBBS 2021 result on its official website. Candidates can expect JIPMER result along with the rank list in the month of June 2021. Candidates need to access official website to download the result. Take a printout of the result and keep it safe for future reference.
Candidates must obtain minimum qualifying marks to qualify the entrance test. The candidates who will qualify the entrance test will get an opportunity to go through counselling process for admission formalities.
JIPMER MBBS Counselling 2021
The candidates who will be shortlisted after the declaration of result on the basis of written exam score have to go through counselling process for admission. The 1st round counselling process will start from last week of June 2021. JIPMER MBBS Counselling will be held in offline mode. The competent authority will verify candidates’ original documents to ascertain their eligibility. It is mandatory to go through counselling process for getting final admission. Candidates are recommended to follow proper admission procedure for getting admission.
Document to be verified during counselling/admission
- JIPMER MBBS Admit card 2021
- 10th class certificate as proof of date of birth.
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Character certificate issued to the candidate from his/her last institution.
- Migration certificate
- Medical certificate in case of OPH candidates.
- Category certificate in case of reserved category
- 6 passport size photograph which was recently taken.
- NRI/OCI certificates.
- Any other document as per the instructions given therein.
Stay connected with us for more information on JIPMER MBBS 2021.