Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research (JIPMER), Puducherry conducts the entrance examination on the annual basis for filling up of 200 MBBS seats. It is a popular exam among the students seeking medical courses which is also known as JIPMER MBBS entrance exam. JIPMER MBBS 2020 entrance exam is likely to be held in the first week of June 2020. JIPMER MBBS Application form will be available online at official website from 1st week of March 2020.Candidates should apply within the specified time schedule. In this article, candidates can find relevant information regarding JIPMER MBBS 2020 entrance exam, application form, eligibility requirements and exam pattern and syllabus.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam Dates
The official notification for JIPMER MBBS 2020 exam has not been released yet. Candidates can check tentative schedule of the JIPMER MBBS exam 2020 in the table below.
|Event Name||Tentative Dates|
|Availability of JIPMER MBBS online application form||March 2020|
|Last date for applying online||April 2020|
|Admit card will be issued on||May 2020|
|JIPMER MBBS entrance exam date||June 2020|
|Result declaration date||June 2020|
|1st Counselling will start from||June 2020|
|2nd Counselling||July 2020|
|3rd Counselling||August 2020|
|Final Counselling||September 2020|
|Last date for admission||September 2020|
JIPMER MBBS Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidates are required to check the JIPMER MBBS eligibility criteria before applying online. They should satisfy themselves whether they are meeting the eligibility requirements or not. Candidates should download the official bulletin for detailed information. However, the important highlights are as under:
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen. However, NRI & OCI candidates can also apply.
- He/she must have completed 10+2 (intermediate) or any equivalent exam from a recognized institute/university.
- They must have achieved at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- However, reserved category candidates have to secure 40% marks only.
- Candidates should have Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects in the qualifying exam.
- The age of the candidates must be 17 years as on 31st December 2020
JIPMER MBBS Application Form 2020
Candidates who are meeting the eligibility conditions as mentioned above should go ahead for making JIPMER MBBS 2020 online application form. The JIPMER application form will be available online at official website from the 1st week of March 2020. Candidates should follow the steps mentioned below:
- Read the complete information brochure from the website.
- One can make an application via online mode only as there will be no printed version of the application form available.
- Fill all the details carefully and do not conceal any information.
- Candidates should keep ready scanned photograph and signature which will be uploaded with the application form.
- Applicants have to pay the requisite application fee.
- After submitting the application, do not forget to take the printout of the application form.
Candidates have to make payment of Rs.1000/- as application fee. However, reserved category candidates should pay Rs.800/- only. They can make payment through net banking, debit card and credit card. OPH candidates are eligible for fee exemption as a special case. The exam conducting authority will not refund application fee in any case.
JIPMER MBBS 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates who are going to appear in the entrance test must be aware of the exam pattern. The entrance test will be held in the month of June 2020. The JIPMER MBBS exam pattern is as under:
- Exam Mode: The entrance exam will be held online (Computer Based Test).
- Number of Questions: The question paper will consist of 200 questions.
- Type of Questions: Questions will be objective type in nature having four alternatives.
- Language: The language of the paper will be English and Hindi.
- Marking Scheme: One mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative Marking: The provision of negative marking is not applicable.
- Syllabus: Questions will be based on Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Comprehension, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning.
- The subject wise number of questions will be as per the following pattern:
|Subject||Number of Questions|
|English & Comprehension||10|
|Logic & Quantitative Reasoning||10|
JIPMER MBBS Syllabus 2020
Candidates who are preparing for JIPMER MBBS 2020 exam should know the syllabus of the exam. The question will be derived from 11th and 12th standard Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, English Comprehension and Logical Reasoning. Candidates should have good command over these subject to ensure the success in the exam. Some of the important topics as per syllabus are as below:
PHYSICS Syllabus: Atoms & Nuclei, Electromagnetic Waves, Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current, Optics, Current Electricity, Electronic Devices, Communication System,, Electrostatics, Magnetic Effect of Current & Magnetism.
Chemistry Syllabus: Solutions, Surface Chemistry, Electro-Chemistry, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Chemical Kinetics, Isolation of Elements, Polymers, D and F Block Element, Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen, Solid State, Chemistry in Everyday Life, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers etc.
Biology Syllabus: Diversity of Living Organisms, Human Physiology, Cell Structure and Function, Genetics and Evolution, Ecology and Environment, Biotechnology, Plant Physiology and Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants etc.
English Syllabus: Section A- Reading Unseen Passage & Note Making, Section B- Writing Skills and Section C- Literature and Long Reading Text.
JIPMER Admit Card
- All the eligible candidates who have successfully made JIPMER MBBS 2020 application, will get admit card to appear in the exam.
- The admit card will be available in the month of May 2020.
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website of the JIPMER.
- The concerned authority will not send hard copy of admit card via post.
- Admit card is essential documents for appearing in the exam. Without having valid admit card, the authority will not allow anyone to enter into the exam centre.
The JIPMER 2020 answer key will be available on official website of the concerned authority. The competent authority will publish the answer key after completion of the exam. Candidates can match their answer with the help of official answer key.
JIPMER Result 2020
- The JIPMER will declare the JIPMER MBBS 2020 result in due course of time after completion of entrance exam.
- Candidates can avail their result on official website.
- The result will be available probably in the month of June 2020.
- On the basis of the result, merit list will be prepared and accordingly, meritorious candidates will be invited to attend counselling.
- Keep the printout of result with you for future use.
JIPMER Counselling 2020
Shortlisted candidates on the basis of merit list will be invited to attend JIPMER MBBS counselling 2020. JIPMER MBBS 2020 counselling will commence from the last week of June 2020. The counselling process will consist of four rounds. The entry of the candidates for counselling will be made through Bio-metric finger print and image verification. Qualified candidates must attend counselling and must carry requisite original documents. Appearing in the counselling does not mean that you have been selected for final admission. Admission will be finalized on the basis of written exam score, seats availability and documents verification.
Important Document for Counselling
- 10th & 12th Class Mark Sheet
- 10th & 12th Certificate
- JIPMER MBBS 2020 Admit Card
- Printout of JIPMER MBBS result
- Category certificate
- Residence certificate
- Passport size photograph