JEXPO 2020 application form has been released on 2nd January 2020. The JEXPO is a state level entrance examination for admission in various polytechnic courses in the state of West Bengal. The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education (WBSCTE) conducts this exam for selection of eligible candidates who are looking for admission in the first-year programme of Diploma in Engineering & Technology through JEXPO 2020 and second-year programme of Diploma in Engineering & Technology through VOCLET 2020. The exam is very popular among the students seeking admission in polytechnic diploma courses in the State of West Bengal. There are various Government, Semi-Government and Private polytechnic institutions in the State which considers JEXPO & VOCLET exam score. Interested candidates can check important information regarding JEXPO VOCLET 2020 (WB Polytechnic) exam including the application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, preparation tips and exam dates etc. in this article below.
UPDATE: JEXPO 2020 application process has been started from 2nd January 2020. Last date for submitting application form is 16th March 2020. Eligible candidates must apply within the specified time frame. Details are given below.
JEXPO 2020 Notification: Released
- The notification for the JEXPO 2020 exam has been released. The exam is scheduled to be held on 26th April 2020.
- The interested candidates can apply online on the official website from 2nd January 2020.
- It is recommended to apply before the last date i.e. 31st March 2020. However, the OMR application form last date will be 16th March 2020. Click here to check application form details.
- The applicants must go through the official advertisement in detail and under the entire examination process.
JEXPO 2020 Exam Dates
The competent authority i.e. West Bengal State Council of Technical Education has announced the exam dates for JEXPO 2020. Candidates who are willing to appear in JEXPO 2020 exam, can check the official examination schedule in the table below:
|Name of the Event||Dates (Released)|
|Availability of application form||2nd January 2020|
|Cut-off date for submission of OMR application||16th March 2020|
|Last date for submitting an online application form||31st March 2020|
|Admit card availability||1st week of April 2020|
|JEXPO 2020 exam date||26th April 2020|
|VOCLET 2020 exam date||26th April 2020|
|Result Declaration||1st week of May 2020|
|Counselling date||1st week of June 2020|
JEXPO Application Form 2020
- The eligible candidates who are seeking admission in West Bengal Polytechnic courses can apply for JEXPO & VOCLET 2020 examination through online and offline mode.
- JEXPO 2020 application form is available online from 2nd January 2020.
- Interested candidates can apply online till 31st March 2020. However, the OMR application form can be submitted by 16th March 2020.
- In offline mode, candidates have to purchase OMR application form along with information bulletin from Government, Government-sponsored & Self-financed polytechnic institutes affiliated to WBSCT&VE&SD (Erstwhile WBSCTE) in West Bengal and one centre in Tripura (for JEXPO only).
- For online mode, candidates need to access the official website of the WBSCT&VE&SD.
- Fill all the necessary information like personal details, qualification details, correspondence address, e-mail ID and mobile number etc.
- The candidate also needs to upload scanned passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed form and specifications with the application form.
- Pay requisite application fee to complete the application.
- At the end verify all the entries and submit the application form and take the printout of the application form for future reference.
- Candidates have to pay Rs.450/– (Rs.225/- for Kanyashree enrolees) for an online application form.
- The application fee for the offline application is Rs.500/-(Rs.250/- for Kanyashree enrolees).
- Candidates can submit the application fee through online mode at the time of submitting the online application form or they can pay at designated centre during the purchase of OMR application form.
Eligibility Criteria for JEXPO VOCLET 2020
To appear in the JEXPO VOCLET 2020 exam, all candidates have to meet minimum basic eligibility criteria laid down by the council which are as under:
- The candidates should have completed the 10th class exam with the minimum 35% marks aggregate from a recognized board for JEXPO 2020 exam.
- Those who want to apply for VOCLET 2020, should have completed 12th class examination from the WBSCT & VE&SD (Erstwhile WBSCVET).
- Candidates appearing in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply for the JEXPO & VOCLET 2020 exam provided that they should produce original mark sheet/pass certificate at the time of admission.
- There is no upper age limit prescribed for the JEXPO & VOCLET exam. However, candidates date of birth should not be later than 01.07.2005.
JEXPO 2020 Exam Pattern
Candidates must be aware of the examination pattern to qualify the exam. First of all, candidates must obtain official JEXPO information bulletin and should read the examination scheme including the syllabus in detail. It will really help you in preparation for the exam. Check the following information carefully and start your preparation accordingly:
|Exam||Subjects||No. of questions||Marks||Duration|
|Paper I||Mathematics||100||100||2.00 hours|
|Paper II||Physics & Chemistry||50 from Physics|
50 from Chemistry
- The JEXPO exam will be conducted in two parts i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Paper-I will be of ‘Mathematics’ and Paper-II will be of ‘Physics & Chemistry‘.
- Both the papers will consist of 100 questions and each question will carry 1 mark.
- All the questions will be multiple choice in nature.
- The duration of both papers will be 2.00 hours each.
VOCLET 2020 Exam Pattern
- The VOCLET 2020 exam will consist of two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Paper-I will be of ‘Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry’ and Paper-II will be of ‘Mechanics & Computer’.
- Paper-I and Paper-II will consist of 100 questions each and each question will carry 1 mark.
- All the questions will be multiple choice in nature where candidates have to mark the correct one.
- Both the papers will be of two hours’ duration.
|Exam||Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
JEXPO VOCLET Preparation Tips
Interested candidates can check some of the important preparation tips given below and accordingly can prepare for the exam:
- First of all, candidates must obtain official information bulletin from the official website.
- Read all the information pertaining to the examination scheme including syllabus.
- Candidates must collect information about JEXPO Syllabus 2020 for preparation of the exam.
- Now make a time-table for your study and divide subject assigning equal time to each section.
- Solve previous year question papers including sample papers on the routine basis for better preparation.
- Collect relevant study material and books available in the market.
- Stay healthy and keep calm for focused study.
JEXPO Admit Card
The candidates who have successfully applied for JEXPO VOCLET 2020 exam will be eligible to appear in the examination and will be issued admit card. The council will release admit card in the month of April 2020. Candidates can easily download the admit card from the official website of exam conducting authority.
It is mandatory to carry admit card while appearing in the exam otherwise authority will not allow you to enter in the examination venue. The admit card will consist of information like candidate’s name, roll number, exam centre and address, date of exam and time and other important instructions for the exam.
JEXPO VOCLET Result 2020
The JEXPO & VOCLET 2020 result will be available online at the official website of the WBSCTE. The result is expected to be declared in the first week of June 2020. Candidates after entering roll number and date of birth can obtain their result from the website. Successful candidates will further need to appear in counselling for further admission process. Candidates must take the printout of the result for future reference.
JEXPO & VOCLET Counselling 2020
Successful candidates will further need to appear in the JEXPO counselling process. The counselling process is expected to start in the month of June 2020. JEXPO & VOCLET counselling will be conducted in online mode. Candidates have to register online to participate in the counselling process. Candidates also need to opt colleges and courses as per their rank. Thereafter, candidates need to report to the college as per allocation with all required documents and fees. Candidates must bring original documents along with attested copies of the documents for verification purpose.
Official Website: https://webscte.co.in/
Stay connected with us for more information regarding the JEXPO 2020 Exam.