JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020: Candidates have to study hard to secure the good rank in the JEE Main exam and for that one should know the exam pattern and syllabus. Those who are looking for appearing JEE Main 2020 exam, should prepare according to the exam pattern and syllabus prescribed. Candidates should collect information from different sources such as internet, relevant books and from the official website and accordingly start preparation. To make it easy for the aspirants, we are providing necessary information regarding JEE Main 2020 Exam Pattern in this article below.
JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020
The JEE Main exam comprises two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II. All the candidates are recommended to go through the official advertisement for detailed information regarding exam pattern. However, the relevant information is placed below.
Exam Pattern for JEE Main Paper-I
- Exam Mode: The JEE Main Paper-I will be held through online mode.
- Subjects: The questions will be based on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects of 12th standard.
- Total questions: Paper-I will consist of 90 MCQ type questions (30 questions from each subject).
- Duration of Exam: The duration of the exam will be 3.00 hours (4.00 hours for physically handicapped persons).
- Language: The paper will be bilingual i.e. Hindi and English. However, students opting exam centres in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli can opt for the question paper in Hindi, English, and Gujarati. Candidates have to choose the exam centre and language option during submission of application form.
- Marking Scheme: For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- Negative Marking: There is a penalty for the wrong attempt and as a result, 1/4th marks will be deducted.
Exam Pattern for JEE Main Paper-II
- Exam Mode: Paper-II will be held through online mode also.
- Subjects: The concerned subjects are Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing.
- Total questions: Paper-II will contain 82 questions (30 questions from Mathematics, 50 from Aptitude and 2 descriptive type questions from Drawing).
- Duration of Exam: The exam duration will be 3.00 hours (4.00 hours for physically handicapped candidates).
- Language: English and Hindi both. However, candidates who opt Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli as examination centre, can choose the Gujarati language other than Hindi and English.
- Marking Scheme: Objective type question will carry 4 marks and for each correct answer, 4 marks will be given and two drawing question will be of 70 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1/4th marks (1 mark) will be deducted for each wrong answer.
JEE Main Exam Pattern: Important Highlights
- JEE Main Exam will consist of two papers i.e. Paper-I and Paper-II.
- Paper-I is for candidates seeking admission in B.E./B. Tech Courses and Paper-II for B. Arch/B. Planning.
- Both Paper- and Paper-II will be held through online mode only.
- Candidate can choose the medium of language for appearing in JEE Main exam as Hindi and English. However, those who opt exam centre in Daman & Diu, Dadra and Nagar Haveli and Gujarat can choose Gujarati language also.
- Be careful while opting examination mode and medium of language because you cannot change it later once the application form is submitted.
- Any request to change examination centre will not be entertained.
- Candidates are recommended not to provide any false information while filling up JEE Main online application form otherwise his/her candidates will be cancelled.
Stay connected with us for more information on JEE Main Exam Pattern 2020