JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020: It is very important to know the eligibility criteria before making JEE Main online application form. All the aspirants are recommended to check eligibility criteria first then go ahead for making application form. Candidates must satisfy the eligibility requirements prescribed for JEE Main 2020 exam. Anyone found ineligible at any stage of the exam his/her candidature will be cancelled immediately. From the year 2019, the JEE Main exam held twice in a year and it will be conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA) instead of CBSE. Aspirants can check here detailed JEE Main 2020 eligibility criteria in the article below.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020
Candidate should meet the eligibility conditions to be eligible for appearing in JEE Main 2020 entrance test. The basic minimum eligibility criteria are:
- Nationality: The applicant must be an Indian citizen.
- NRIs, OCIs & PIOs & foreign nationals are also eligible to apply.
- Attempts Limit: The students can appear in JEE Main three time only.
- Applicants should have Aadhar Card number as it is necessary for registration.
- Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after 1st October 1995 are eligible to appear in the JEE Main 2020 exam.
- However, there will be relaxation of 5 years for reserved category (SC/ST/PWD) candidates as per rules.
- Date of Birth mentioned in the HSC/SSC/University certificate will be considered for age count.
- Qualifying Exam: Aspirants should have completed 12th standard or any equivalent exam from a recognized institute/board.
- Subjects: He/she should have cleared the exam with at least five subjects including Physics, and Mathematics as essential subjects along with one of the subject among Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subject in the qualifying exam.
- Qualifying Marks: There are no minimum qualifying marks specified by the competent authority.
- Appearing Candidates: Those who are appearing in the qualifying exam in the year 2020 can also apply for JEE Main 2020 exam.
- NIOS passed candidates are eligible to apply.
- Diploma Holders are also permitted to apply JEE Main for appearing in JEE Advanced. It is pertinent to mention here that the diploma holder can get admission in IITs.
- Candidates should know that the 12th standard marks will not be considered for calculating JEE Main rank.
Passing Year Criteria
- Those who have completed 12th standard or equivalent exam in the year 2018 or 2019 are also eligible to apply for JEE Main 2020.
- If candidates appeared in the 12th class exam in the year 2017 but did not pass the exam in 2017 and passed the exam in the subsequent year i.e. 2018 are not eligible for this exam.
- Candidates appeared before 2018 or going to take the 12th class exam in 2020 are not eligible to apply.
Number of Attempts for JEE Main
- The competent authority has restricted number of attempts for appearing in JEE Main Exam.
- Candidate can appear in JEE Main exam maximum 3 number of times only.
- As there is a fixed number of attempts, the candidate should prepare hard to qualify the exam.
- Candidates of Madhya Pradesh, Odisha and Nagaland must satisfy the eligibility requirements prescribed by these States. These States had joined the JEE Main System in the year 2014.
- Candidates should also ensure their eligibility to appear in JEE Advanced 2020 and for admission to various institutes.
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria: Main Highlights
- Candidate must qualify JEE Main exam to appear in JEE Advanced exam.
- Central Seat Allocation Board will finalize admission on the basis of All India Rank (AIR) in NITs/IIITs/CFTIs/SFIs/other institutes.
- Candidates have to download the rank card/score-card from the website as the authority will not send any hard copy.
- Candidates have to secure at least 75% marks in the qualifying exam i.e. 12th class exam for admission in NITs, IIITs and CFTIs.
- SC/ST candidates have to obtain only 65% marks in the 12th class exam.
- For admission in B.E./B. Tech. courses, candidates should have completed 10+2 exam with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subject with one the subject among Chemistry/Biology/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational courses.
- However, for admission in B.Arch./ B. Planning, one must complete 12th class exam with Mathematics subject.
All the candidates are required to verify the JEE Main eligibility criteria and then apply for JEE Main 2020 exam. If any candidate appeared in the exam without having requisite eligibility then his/her candidature will be cancelled and score will be treated as NIL.
Stay connected with us for more information on JEE Main Eligibility Criteria 2020.