JEE Main 2019: The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main) from the year 2019 as per the recent announcement of the Ministry of HRD. The examination will be held two times a year. Earlier, the exam was conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on yearly basis. It is a national level entrance test which is a gateway for admission in various undergraduate engineering courses such as B.E./B.Tech. /B.Arch. There are various prestigious institutions in the Country including NITs, CFTIs etc. which consider JEE Main rank for admission in engineering courses. However, for admission in IITs & ISM Dhanbad, the students must qualify JEE Advance also.
After the new developments regarding JEE Main 2019, now candidates can appear two times in a year and can pick the best score for admission. JEE Main exam will be held in the month of January and April each year. Students must apply as per the prescribed schedule well in advance before the last date of application. Here candidates can check relevant information on JEE Main 2019 exam including the registration process, eligibility, syllabus, exam pattern and exam dates in the table below. Also, check JEE Main preparation tips and counselling details.
JEE Main 2019 Notification-Released
- JEE Main 2019 application form has been released on 1st September 2018. Click here to check application form details.
- The last date for JEE Main 2019 registration is 30th September 2018. Apply before the last date to avoid last hour rush.
- JEE Main January 2019 exam is scheduled to be held from 6th to 20th January 2019.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Overview
|Name of the Exam||Joint Entrance Examination Main 2019|
|Exam Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency|
|Level of Exam||National Level|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Physics and Mathematics as the compulsory subject and one additional subject among Biotechnology/Biology/ Chemistry/Technical Vocational subject.|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Registration Process||Online only|
|Conduct of Exam||Twice in a year|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
What’s New about JEE Main 2019?
- The National Testing Agency will conduct JEE Main 2019 exam instead of CBSE as per the announcement of the Ministry of HRD.
- The examination will be held twice a year in the month of January and April.
- After these new rules, the students have to chance to improve the JEE Main score and they can use the best rank for admission purpose.
- Mode of the exam will be online i.e. a computer-based test from the year 2019.
- The National Testing Agency is in the process to set up practice centres throughout the country for training of the students.
- No changes in examination pattern, syllabus and language of the exam.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Dates
The National Testing Agency has released the examination schedule of the both JEE Main January and April exams. Interested candidates can start preparation from now as per official schedule. Check JEE Main 2019 exam dates in the tables below.
Dates for January 2019 Exam
|Availability of application form||1st September 2018|
|Mock test availability||September 2018|
|Last date for submission of application form||30th September 2018|
|Last date for payment of application fee||1st October 2018|
|Correction in the application form||8th-14th October 2018|
|JEE Main admit card release date||17th December 2018|
|Date of Exam||6th-20th January 2019|
|Announcement of result||31st January 2019|
Dates for April 2019 Exam
|Release of application form||8th February 2019|
|Mock test availability||February 2019|
|Last date for submitting the application form||7th March 2019|
|Last date for payment of application fee||8th March 2019|
|Correction in the application form||March 2019|
|Release of JEE Main admit card||18th March 2019|
|Date of Exam||6th-20th April 2019|
|Announcement of result||30th April 2019|
JEE Main Eligibility Criteria
Candidates, who are willing to appear in JEE Main, must fulfil basic eligibility conditions to appear in the entrance test. Ensure your eligibility as per the following criteria:
- Those who are born on or after 1st October 1994 are eligible to appear in JEE Main 2019.
- There is 5-year relaxation in upper age to the SC/ST and PWD candidates.
- Date of birth should be as per matriculation (10th) certificate.
- Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board/institute.
- Subjects: Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along one of the subject among Biology/Chemistry/Biotechnology/Technical Vocational subject for B.E./B.Tech. course. However, for B.Arch./B.Planning, candidates should have completed 10+2 exam with Mathematics subject.
- Passing Year: Candidates passed in the 12th class examination in the year 2017 and 2018 are also eligible to apply. However, the one who is appearing in the 12th class examination in the year 2019 can also apply for JEE Main.
- The students who appeared in the class 12th examination in the year 2016 and did not pass the exam and passed in the year 2017 are not eligible to apply.
Number of Attempts
- The number of attempts is restricted and students can appear in JEE Main maximum 03 number of times.
JEE Main 2019 Application Form: How to Apply?
Candidates can submit JEE Main application form through online mode only. There is no other way to submit an application form. The application form will be available on the official website. Aspirants must apply after ensuring their eligibility to appear in the exam. Candidate must keep in mind following information while applying online for JEE Main:
- First of all, obtain JEE Main 2019 official information bulletin from the official website.
- Read information bulletin completely and if you find yourself eligible to appear in the exam then go ahead.
- The JEE Main 2019 application form will be available from 1st September 2018 (January Exam).
- Candidates can submit JEE Main application form through online mode only as there is no other way to apply.
- The applicants must have Aadhar ID for appearing in the JEE Main exam as it is a mandatory document.
- Students need to provide all the information asked in the application form.
- You also need to upload scanned images of photograph, signature and left-hand thumb impression as per given specifications.
- Make payment of application fee whichever is applicable.
- Check all the entries before clicking on the Submit button.
- At the end submit your application form, an auto-generated confirmation page with application number will be generated.
- Take the printout of the submitted application form for future reference.
Candidates have to pay the requisite application fee for appearing in the JEE Main exam. Check the following information with regard to JEE Main registration fee:
- The application fee will be different from one category to another.
- Payment of the application fee can be done through credit card/debit card and net banking.
- Candidates can also pay the application fee through e-challan of Canara/Syndicate/ICICI bank.
- After payment of the application fee, there is no refund in any case.
- The fee structure is as under:
|Papers||Offline (Pen & Paper Based)||Online Mode (Computer Based)|
|General/OBC Male Candidates||SC/ST/PwD/Women Candidates||General/OBC Male Candidates||SC/ST/PwD/Women Candidates|
|Paper I or II||1000||500||500||250|
|Paper I & II||1800||900||1300||650|
|Fee for those candidates who opted exam centre in Foreign Country|
|Paper I or II||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Paper I & II||3800||1900||3800||1900|
Click here to check instructions for submitting the application form.
JEE Main 2019 Exam Pattern
Aspirants must have basic information about JEE Main exam pattern and its syllabus for making better preparation. Candidates should know that there are two papers in JEE Main. Here, you can find important information regard exam pattern including the number of questions, the subject covered, marking scheme and exam duration etc.:
JEE Main Paper-I
|Mode of Exam||
The exam will be held through online mode i.e. computer-based test.
|Total Number of questions||
Paper-I will contain total 90 multiple choice questions.
Paper-I will consist of questions from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
Paper will be in English & Hindi (except exam centre cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli where medium for question paper will be English, Hindi, and Gujarati). Candidates must choose language preference while filling the application form.
|Type of Questions||
All the questions will be objective type in nature having four alternatives.
|Exam Duration||The duration of the exam will be 3.00 hours|
|Marking Scheme||Candidates will get 4 marks for each correct answer.|
|Negative Marking||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong attempt.|
JEE Main Paper-II
|Courses||B. Planning/ B.Arch.|
|Mode of Exam||
Online Mode (Computer based test)
|Total Number of questions||
Paper-II will contain total 82 questions i.e. 30 questions from Mathematics, 50 questions from Aptitude Test and 2 descriptive type questions from Drawing.
|Type of Questions||
Mathematics and Aptitude Test section will consist of objective type questions whereas Drawing section will contain 2 descriptive type questions.
|Medium of Language||
English & Hindi (except exam centre cities in Gujarat, Daman & Diu and Dadra and Nagar Haveli where medium for question paper will be English, Hindi, and Gujarati). Candidates must select their preferred language while filling the application form.
|Exam Duration||The duration of the exam will be 3.00 hours.|
4 marks assigned to each objective type question and 2 descriptive question in drawing section will be of 70 marks.
1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer in Mathematics and Aptitude Section.
JEE Main Syllabus 2019
The candidates must be aware of the JEE Main syllabus in details for preparation of the exam. The syllabus will contain subject of the 11th and 12th standard of CBSE and other State boards. Syllabus for both paper 1 and Paper 2 will be different from each other. There will be questions on physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects in Paper 1 while Paper 2 will contain mathematics, aptitude and drawing sections. Check the following information with regard to JEE Main 2019 syllabus.
Syllabus for JEE Main Paper 1
Work, Energy, Power, Oscillations and Waves, Laws of motion, Rotational Motion, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Optics, Physics and Measurement, Thermodynamics, Kinematics, Gravitation, Electronic devices, Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, Kinetic theory of gases, Properties of solids and liquids etc.
Sequences and Series, Complex numbers and Quadratic Equations, Vector Algebra, Relations and Functions, Time and Work, Matrices and Determinants, Sets, Mathematical induction, Integral calculus, Binomial theorem and its simple applications, Permutations and Combinations, Statistics and probability, Mathematical Reasoning, Trigonometry, etc.
Physical Chemistry: Some basic concepts in chemistry, Chemical thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Chemical kinetics, Chemical bonding and molecular structure, Atomic structure, States of matter etc.
Organic Chemistry: Organic compounds containing nitrogen, Purification and characterization of organic compounds, Organic compounds containing halogens, Chemistry in everyday life and some basic principles of organic chemistry etc.
Inorganic Chemistry: Environmental chemistry, Hydrogen, Classification of elements and periodicity in properties, Block elements (alkali and alkaline earth metals), Block elements group 13 to group 18 elements, D – and f – block elements etc.
Syllabus for JEE Main Paper 2
Section-I: Buildings, Materials, places, Awareness of persons, Visualizing, Visualizing three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings, Mental Ability (Numerical, Visual and Verbal), Analytical Reasoning etc.
Section-II: building forms and elements, harmony and contrast, colour texture, rotation, subtraction, Understanding, and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects, Creating two dimensional and three-dimensional compositions as per the given shapes and forms, Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union etc.
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2019
Here candidates can check some important preparation tips for JEE Main exam which will be definitely helpful in the exam.
- The prime work is to collect complete information about JEE Main syllabus and exam pattern.
- Thereafter, make a proper study plan giving sufficient time to each subject.
- Solve previous year question papers and sample paper on routine basis.
- Collect the important information, study material and JEE Main Preparation Books and read the same.
- During the study, you can make short notes of the important topics for revision of the same at the last stage.
- Practice mock test as it is very-very beneficial to understand the exam pattern and to assess the capability.
- You should also keep the focus on your health. Practice Yoga, Meditation and Gym to stay healthy.
JEE Main 2019 Admit Card
- Candidates can download the admit card through online mode.
- The authority will not send any information in this regard via post.
- The admit card will be available on official website of the exam conducting authority in the month of December 2018.
- Keep your registration/application number safe for downloading the admit card.
- Admit card will contain information like candidate’s name, roll number, exam date and time, venue of exam etc.
- If any candidate found the discrepancy in the JEE Main Admit Card 2019, then report it to the concerned authority.
- Do not forget to carry admit card along with photo ID proof on the day of the exam.
JEE Main Answer Key 2019
- The CBSE will publish the answer keys for both Paper-I and Paper-II in the month of January 2019.
- Candidates can verify their answers and also calculate their expected score with the help of answer keys.
- One can easily download the answer keys from the official website.
- If a candidate is not satisfied with answers given in the answer key, then he/she can challenge the same by paying Rs.1000/per question.
JEE Main 2019 Result
- JEE Main 2019 result is likely to be published on the official website in the month of February 2019.
- The candidates can download their JEE Main result from the website.
- Candidate must obtain cut off marks to pass the examination.
- On the basis of All India Rank, candidates will able to get admission in IITs, NITs, CFTIs, SFTIs etc.
- Candidates can appear in JEE Advanced after qualifying JEE main for taking admission in IITs/ISMs.
JEE Main 2019 Cut Off
The JEE Main Cut Off 2019 will also be announced along with the result. Check the following information with regard to JEE Main 2019 Cut Off:
- The cut-off mark is expected to release in the month of February 2019 along with the JEE Main result.
- The Cut Off marks will be available through online mode.
- JEE Main cut off marks is the minimum qualifying marks on the basis of which, one can appear in All India counselling.
- The authority will publish category wise cut off.
- Candidates can check the last three years cut off of JEE Main exam which is as under:
|Category||Cut-Off 2017||Cut-Off 2016|
|Schedule Caste (SC)||32||52|
|Schedule Tribe (ST)||27||48|
JEE Main Counselling 2019
After the announcement of the JEE Main result, the competent authority will publish the notification regarding the counselling schedule. There will be a separate schedule for both State Counselling and All India Rank.
- JEE Main 2019 counselling is expected to start in the 3rd week of June 2019.
- The counselling will be held through online mode.
- A centralized counselling will also be conducted by JoSAA and CSAB which will be completed in several rounds.
- The candidates have to register themselves for participating in the counselling process.
- Candidates can fill their choices as per the preference of courses and colleges.
- Thereafter, a provisional seat allotment will be declared on the basis of candidates rank, category, choice-filled and seat availability.
- Download the provisional seat allotment letter from the website and pay the seat acceptance fee.
- Candidates also need to verify the original documents at the reporting centre.
- After confirmation of the seat by the reporting centre, the candidates must report to the allotted college for further admission process before the last date of admission.
Stay connected with us for more information on JEE Main 2019.