IGNOU OPENMAT 2020: The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) conducts an entrance examination for admission in its management programmes. The IGNOU conducts OPENMAT exam twice in a year. The University will publish a notification for the OPENMAT exam on its official website. Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam to get admission in the University. We recommend candidates to understand the entire admission process for admission in management programmes before submitting the application form. Interested candidates who are seeking admission in IGNOU Management Courses should fill the application form within the stipulated time frame. The duration of IGNOU MBA programme is two years which consist of four semesters. Information regarding IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern etc. are placed below.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Notification
- IGNOU OPENMAT XLV 2020 registration process is likely to start in the month of November 2019.
- Interested candidates are recommended to apply online at the official website within the specified time schedule.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020: An Overview
|Name of the Exam||IGNOU OPENMAT|
|Regulating Authority||Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)|
|Courses offered||MBA and other management programmes|
|Registration for OPENMAT XLV will commence from||October 2019|
|Registration will close on||November 2019|
|Date of exam||December 2019|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Fee payment mode||Online|
|Duration of Exam||180 Minutes|
|Negative Marking||Not Applicable|
|Subject Section||General Knowledge, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning & English Language|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Important Dates
Aspirants can check exam dates in respect of OPENMAT-XLV and XLVI Entrance Test 2020 in the table given below:
|Events||OPENMAT XLIV||OPENMAT XLV|
|Availability of Application Form||October 2019||3rd week of December 2019|
|Last date for filling up the application form||November 2019||Last week of January 2020|
|Date of Exam||December 2019||1st week of February 2020|
|Last date for filling Admission Form||Last week of December 2019||Last week of June 2020|
Note: Candidates can appear any one of the OPENMAT exam. If someone wants to appear in both the exams, he/she should apply separately.
IGNOU OPENMAT Eligibility Criteria
A candidate should meet the eligibility requirements before applying for IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 exam. The IGNOU OPENMAT eligibility requirements are as under:
- Candidates must be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university OR
- A professional degree holder in Engineering/Medicine/Law/Chartered or Cost Accountancy (ICAI/ICWAI)/Company Secretary-ship (ICSI).
- He/she should have scored at least 50% (45% for reserved category candidates) marks in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates have to qualify the entrance exam for admission in MBA programmes.
- There will no age bar for candidates to appear in the OPENMAT exam.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Application Form
The candidates are recommended to go through instructions for submitting the application form. Read all the information carefully before proceeding to apply online. Check the following information with regard to IGNOU OPENMAT Application Form:
- Candidates have to obtain the application form from authorized IGNOU centre along with the prospectus.
- Candidate can also download the application form from the official website of IGNOU.
- Fill the application form correctly and do not leave any mandatory field.
- No documents are required to attach with the application form.
- Candidates need to pay the requisite application fee of Rs.1050/-.
- Fee can be submitted in the form of Demand Draft made in favour of IGNOU payable at the concerned regional centre.
- Send the duly filled application form through Registered/Speed Post to the IGNOU Headquarters.
- Candidates have to submit the application within a prescribed time frame.
- If anyone misses the first chance then he can apply for OPENMAT XLV exam.
IGNOU OPENMAT Exam Pattern 2020
Candidates are advised to check exam pattern thoroughly before appearing in the entrance exam. Check the IGNOU OPENMAT Exam Pattern and Syllabus below:
- The entrance exam will be held offline i.e. Pen & Paper Based exam.
- Question paper will contain objective type question.
- The syllabus of the exam will include General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability and English Language.
- Total 200 questions will be there in the exam.
- Each question will carry one mark.
- The subject-wise number of question with marks assigned are as under:
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Syllabus
The applicants must read the entire syllabus carefully for preparation of the exam. There will be four subject sections in the IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 exam. These sections will cover various topics from where the question paper will be prepared. Some of the key points are given below:
Current Affairs, Famous People, Constitution, Laws, Achievements, States. History, Organizations, Economy, Geography, Summits. Politics, Countries, World Economy, Leaders, Physics, Biology, Chemistry basic concepts, Import, Export, Statistics, balance of trade etc.
Symbol Based problems, Family tree, Statements and conclusions, Assertion and reasons, Cause and Effect, Visual reasoning, Assumption-Premise-Conclusion, Coding and decoding, Statements and assumptions, Critical Reasoning.
Number Systems, Ratios and Proportions, LCM, HCF, Series, Average, Profit & Loss, Mean, Mode, Median, Algebra, Statistics, Permutations, Combinations, Arithmetic, Progression, Geometry, Geometric Progression, Trigonometry etc.
Fill in the blanks, Grammar, Sentence Correction, Vocabulary, Reading and Comprehension, Error Finding, Jumbled Sentence, Preposition, One Word Substitution, Active Voice, Passive Voice, Synonyms, Antonyms.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Preparation Tips
The aspirants must be conversant with the examination scheme in order to qualify the OPENMAT exam. Candidates should prepare as per the syllabus prescribed for the exam. We recommend the candidates to make a preparation plan and accordingly prepare yourself for the exam. Here some of the important preparation tips are given below which candidates can follow during the preparation.
- First of all, obtain official information bulletin from the IGOU Website and go through the examination scheme and syllabus.
- Now make a preparation time table assigning sufficient time to each section.
- Candidates must understand the syllabus and should identify the weak subject.
- Focus on the weak subject and revise the same time to time.
- Read Newspapers daily for current affairs updates whether it belongs to Sports, Politics, Authors, Books, Science & Technology, Awards and important events.
- Candidates should prepare notes of an important topic for revision later.
- Purchase some good books from the market and practice them for better preparation.
- There is no negative marking in the exam hence, you must attempt the whole question paper.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Admit Card
The university will publish OPENMAT 2020 result on its official website. Candidates can obtain the result from the website. The admit card will be available probably two weeks before commencement of exam.
Download your admit card and carry the same on the date of entrance exam otherwise, you will not be allowed to enter in the examination centre. Also carry identity proof of any kind like voter ID card, Aadhar Card, Driving licence etc.
IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Result
- Candidates can find their OPENMAT 2020 result on the official website of the IGNOU.
- Qualified candidates have to report on given date and time for further admission process.
- IGNOU will send result card to the qualified candidates.
- Selection of candidates will be finalized on the basis of written exam score, personality test and document verification.
IGNOU OPENMAT Admission Procedure
- Admission of the candidates in management programmes will be made on the basis of IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 score.
- Candidates have to apply for admission within the validity period of OPENMAT score.
- Must carry the photocopy of application form submitted to IGNOU.
- An incomplete and late application will be rejected without intimating to the candidates.
- The competent authority will also verify the original documents of the candidates at the time of counselling.
Official Website: www.ignou.ac.in
Stay connected with us for more information on IGNOU OPENMAT 2020 Exam.