IGNOU Admission 2021: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is one of the prestigious university which offers admission through Open and Distance Learning (ODL) mode. The university conducts entrance tests two times in a year like IGNOU OPENMAT for Management Course, B.Sc. Nursing Exam and IGNOU B.Ed. Entrance Exam. The university is running various certificate, diploma and degree courses in different disciplines. Interested candidates who want to pursue their education from IGNOU need to access official website for submitting the online application form. The university publishes notification for different entrance test for each academic session on its official website. Aspirants can check crucial information about IGNOU admission 2021 notification, registration process, application form, eligibility criteria exam pattern, admit card and result here in this article below.
List of IGNOU UG/PG Courses
Bachelor Degree Courses:
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Science with the subject like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Botany & Zoology
- Bachelor of Arts with subjects like Hindi, English, History, Mathematics, Urdu, Economics, Philosophy, Psychology, Public Administration, Political Science, Sociology)
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Library & Information Science (BLIS)
- BA (Tourism Studies) etc.
- Diploma in Tourism Studies/Early Childhood Care and Education/ Nutrition & Health Education Aquaculture
- Diploma in Creative Writing in English/Panchayat Level Administration & Development/ Women Empowerment & Development/Urdu/HIV and
- The diploma in Nursing Administration/Family Education/ BPO Finance & Accounting/Paralegal Practice/ and Critical Care Nursing.
Master Degree Courses:
- MA (Education)/ MA (Philosophy)/ MA (Extension & Development Studies)/MA (Gandhi and Peace Studies)
- MA (Distance Education)/ MA (Anthropology)/ MA (English)/ Master of Social Work/ MA (Hindi)/Master of Social Work (Counseling)
- Master of Arts (Gender & Development Studies)/ MA (Psychology)/ MA (Public Admin.)/ MA (Rural Development)/ MA (History)/ MA (Political Science)/MA (Sociology)/ MA (Tourism Management)/ Master of Commerce (M.Com.)/
- MA (Translation Studies)/ MA (Economics)/ M.Sc. (Dietetics and Food Services Management)/Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)/ M.Sc. Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science and Master of Computer Applications (MCA).
PG Diploma Courses:
- PG Diploma in Rural Development/ Translation/Library Automation and Networking/ Gandhi & Peace Studies/International Business Operation.
- PG Diploma in Applied Statistics/ Analytical Chemistry/ Disaster Management/Environment and Sustainable Development/Journalism & Mass Communication.
- PG Diploma in Higher Education/Audio Programme Production/ Educational Technology/Educational Management & Administration/ Pre Primary Education/School Leadership & Management and
- Post Graduate Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights/ Pharmaceutical Sales Management/ Criminal Justice/ Information Security/ Folklore & Culture Studies/ Hospital & Health Management/Social Work among the Tribals/ Urban Planning & Development and Geriatric Medicine etc.
IGNOU Admission 2021: Exam Dates
Candidates can check important dates for different exams in the table below. However, the dates are tentative in nature at present. We will update official dates whenever notification will release for the respective exam. Check the examination schedule below:
|Entrance Test||Event Name||Dates (Tentative)|
|M. Phill & Ph.D.||Application form release date||July 2021|
|Last date for applying online||July 2021|
|Admit card release date||August 2021|
|Entrance test date||August 2021|
|Result declaration||September 2021|
|OPENMAT XLVI||Availability of application form||October 2020|
|Last date for application form||November 2020|
|Hall ticket release date||September 2020|
|Exam date||September 2020|
|Declaration of result||December 2020|
|OPENMAT XLVII||Application form starting date||July 2020|
|Last date to submit the application form||December 2020|
|Exam date||February 2021|
|Result declaration||March 2021|
|B.Ed. & B.Sc Nursing||Last date for applying online||August 2020|
|Admit card releasing date||September 2020|
|Entrance test date||September 2020|
|Result announcement||November 2020|
IGNOU Registration 2021
The candidates can register online at the official website of the IGNOU for a particular course. IGNOU will publish the prospectus on its official website stating eligibility criteria, application form dates and other criteria. Check the following information with regard to registration:
- Candidates have to visit the official website for submitting an online application form.
- The application dates for different courses may differ, candidates have to apply accordingly.
- Candidates should be careful while opting the desired course and filling up an application form.
- After successful registration, the candidates will receive registration ID and password.
- Now you have to provide all the information in the application form including personal details, qualification and correspondence address.
- Upload scanned photograph, signature and other documents as per requirement.
- Also, pay the necessary application fee to the complete the application form.
- At the end take the printout of the application form for future reference.
- The candidates have to pay application fee of Rs.200/- per course.
- Candidates can pay application fee through bank draft in favour of IGNOU payable at the concerned city in which the exam centre falls.
- Applicants can also pay the fee through online mode such as net banking, debit card/credit card.
- Remember fee once paid is not refundable under any circumstances.
IGNOU Eligibility Criteria
The aspirants must ensure their eligibility first before applying for any particular course. Once you satisfy the eligibility conditions then go ahead to apply online. Check eligibility criteria for various courses below:
- MBA: Aspirants must possess a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized University. Those who are pursuing the final year of the graduation degree can also apply.
- BCA: Applicants should have completed 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board/institute.
- MCA: The candidates must have complete BCA or graduate degree with mathematics subject from any recognized university.
- MA (English/Economics/History), MSW: Those who have the bachelor degree or any higher degree from any recognized university are eligible.
- Sc: 10+2 or any equivalent exam passed with science subjects.
- BA/B.Com/BSW: Candidates must pass 10+2 or equivalent exam or BPP from IGNOU.
- PG Diploma in Rural Development: Candidate having Bachelor’s degree will be eligible.
- Diploma in Tourism Studies/Diploma in Dairy Technology:10+2 or equivalent exam passed or BPP from IGNOU.
IGNOU 2021 Syllabus
All the applicants must be conversant with the prescribed syllabus and examination pattern. Candidates can check exam pattern and syllabus from the official information bulletin and previous year questions papers. There are some general topics of the syllabus such as aptitude, logical reasoning, quantitative analysis, General Knowledge & Current Affairs etc. Everyone must prepare for the exam as per the prescribed syllabus.
IGNOU Admission 2021: Preparation Tips
- First of all, collect proper information about exam pattern and syllabus.
- After that divide topic based on difficulty level and importance.
- Make a timetable for routine study and always follow your study timetable.
- Prepare study notes of the important topics and revise them time to time for better preparation.
- Selection of good books and study material is also an important part of the preparation.
- Practice is the key to success hence the more you practice, the more you gain.
- Do not take your health easily. Always take care of physical and mental fitness for better preparation.
IGNOU Admit Card 2021
The University will release IGNOU admit card through its official website. It will be available online at least two weeks prior to the commencement of the exam. Candidate can download their hall ticket easily from the website. The admit card will contain crucial information about the exam date, venue of the test and other important instructions. Do not forget to carry admit card during the entrance test.
IGNOU Result 2021
Candidates can check their result online at official website of the IGNOU. The university will publish IGNOU result online after successful conduct of exam. Those who qualify the entrance test will get an opportunity to participate in counselling process for final admission. Candidates should download their result from the website for future reference.
IGNOU Admission 2021: Counselling Process
- After the announcement of IGNOU result 2021, the university will start counselling process for final admission.
- Candidate’s selection will be made final on the basis of his/her choice filling on the basis regional merit of the exam.
- Candidates must know that the counselling process is completed at the respective regional centre of the IGNOU.
- During counselling process, candidate’s original certificates will also be verified.
- Candidates must follow the instructions and should report to the allotted institutions as per the given time limit.
Stay connected with us for more information on IGNOU Admission 2021.