IBPS PO 2019 tentative exam dates have been released. The IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) is the recruitment body which conducts entrance test each year for selecting eligible candidates for the post of Probationary Officer/Management Trainee. IBPS provides its services to the all Public Sector Banks, SIDBI, NABARD, SBI and its Associate Banks, RBI etc. A large number of candidates who are seeking banking sector jobs appears in this exam which is generally known as IBPS PO exam. IBPS PO 2019 recruitment notification for Probationary Officer/Management Trainee is likely to be released in the month of July 2019. Aspirants can check relevant information about IBPS PO 2019 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern and Syllabus etc. in this article below.
IBPS PO 2019 Recruitment Notification
- The IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) will release notification for IBPS PO Recruitment 2019 on its official website.
- As per the tentative calendar, the IBPS PO 2019 Preliminary exam is scheduled to be held on 12th, 13th, 19th & 20th October 2019. IBPS PO Main exam will be held on 30th November 2019.
- The registration process may start from the month of July 2019. Candidates must apply as per the prescribed time schedule. Click here to check application form details.
- Eligible candidates should start the preparation as per the prescribed syllabus. Click here to check preparation tips.
- Aspirants are recommended to check eligibility requirement before applying online for IBPS PO Recruitment 2019.
Overview of the IBPS PO 2019
|Name of the Exam||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection-Probationary Officers Exam|
|Exam Conducting Authority||IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection)|
|Level of the Exam||National Level|
|Age limit||Minimum-20 Years and Maximum-30 Years|
|IBPS PO 2019 Registration will commence from||July 2019|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Date||Prelims- 12th, 13th, 19th & 20th October 2019
Mains- 30th November 2019,
|Duration of Exam||Preliminary- 1 Hour, Mains- 3.30 Hours|
IBPS PO 2019 Important Dates
The candidates who are preparing for IBPS PO 2019 Recruitment can check here tentative exam schedule in the table below. After publication of the official notification, we will update the official dates here:
|IBPS PO Exam Event||Dates (Tentative)|
|Notification will be available from||July 2019|
|Submission of application form will commence from||July 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||August 2019|
|Availability of admit card for Preliminary Exam||September 2019|
|Date of Preliminary Exam||12th, 13th, 19th & 20th October 2019|
|Preliminary Exam Result||November 2019|
|Availability of admit card for Main Exam||November 2019|
|Date of Main Exam||30th November 2019|
|Main Exam Result Announcement Date||December 2019|
|Call letter for Interview will be available||January 2020|
IBPS PO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must go through eligibility requirements before submitting IBPS PO 2019 online application form. If a candidate submits application form without having requisite qualification then his/her candidates will be cancelled at any stage during the recruitment process. We recommend the aspirants to ensure eligibility to appear in the exam first and then proceed further. Here candidates can check IBPS PO eligibility criteria such as nationality, academic qualification and age limit etc. below:
- An Indian citizen can apply.
- A subject of Nepal/Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee (one who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with an intention to settle here permanently) can apply.
- An Indian origin person who is migrated from Vietnam, Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, Malawi, Ethiopia, Kenya, Zaire, Tanzania or Zambia with an intention to settle here permanently can also apply.
Note: The candidates belonging to the point (b) & (c) should possess the certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
- Candidate must possess a bachelor degree in any discipline from a university recognized by the Government of India or any equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government.
- It is important to mention here that the candidates must possess the respective mark sheet/degree certificate of the graduation.
Age Limit Criteria
- The minimum age of the candidate is 20 years while the upper age limit is 30 years as on 01.08.2019.
- There is age relaxation for reserved category candidates, the details of which are as under:
|Category of Candidates||Age Relaxation|
|SC (Scheduled Caste) & ST (Scheduled Tribe)||05 Years|
|OBC-NCL (Other Backward Classes-Non Creamy Layer)||03 Years|
|Candidates with Benchmark disabilities||10 Years|
Ex-Servicemen, Commissioned Officers including Emergency Commissioned Officers (ECOs)/ Short Service Commissioned Officers (SSCOs) who have rendered at least 5 years military service and have been released on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from the last date of receipt of application) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency or physical disability attributable to military service.
|Candidates of J&K domiciled in the State during the period of 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||05 Years|
|Persons affected by 1984 riots||05 Years|
IBPS PO 2019 Application Form
Eligible candidates who are meeting the eligibility criteria can apply for IBPS PO 2019 exam as per specified schedule. The IBPS PO application form will be available on the official website. Check important guidelines with regard to the IBPS PO application form below:
- Candidates can submit application form through online mode only.
- Candidate should own a functional e-mail ID and mobile number.
- After accessing the application form, candidates have to enter personal information, academic qualification and correspondence address etc. in the application form.
- Upload the passport size photograph and signature in the prescribed format and specifications.
- Pay the necessary application fee at the end to complete the registration process.
- After submitting the application form, take at least one print out of the application form for future reference.
Specification and Format of Images
|Photograph||Image dimensions: 200 X 230
File size: 20 KB – 50 KB
|Signature||Image dimensions: 140 X 60
File size: 10 KB – 20 KB
- The photograph of the applicant must have good quality and it should have a light background.
- Images of the photograph and signature must be in JPEG format within the prescribed size.
- Candidate’s photograph should not be an old photograph, it must be recently taken.
- The dimension of the images must be as per the above specifications.
How to Pay IBPS PO Application Fee?
- Candidates have to pay Rs.600/- as application fee.
- Reserved category candidates (SC/ST/PWD/Ex-servicemen) need to pay Rs.100/- only.
- Payment can be made through online mode via Net Banking, Debit and Credit card.
- Fee once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
IBPS Participant Banks
The applicants can check here the name of banks which consider IBPS PO score for filling up the vacant post of Probationary Officers:
|Andhra Bank||Allahabad Bank|
|Bank of India||Bank of Maharashtra|
|Bank of Baroda||Central Bank of India|
|Corporation Bank||Dena Bank|
|Canara Bank||IDBI Bank|
|Indian Overseas Bank||Indian Bank|
|Oriental Bank of Commerce||Punjab & Sind Bank|
|Punjab National Bank||Syndicate Bank|
|Union Bank of India||UCO Bank|
|United Bank of India||Vijaya Bank|
IBPS PO Exam Pattern 2019
The IBPS exam consists of Preliminary Exam, Main Exam, and Interview. Candidates have to qualify all three stages for final selection. Those who qualify the Preliminary exam will be called for appearing in the Main exam. On the basis of main exam performance, meritorious candidates will be invited for the interview process. The pattern of both Preliminary and Main exam are as under:
Preliminary Examination Pattern
- The preliminary exam will be held through online mode.
- Paper will consist of multiple choice questions in nature.
- The duration of exam will be 1.00 hour.
- Question paper will contain total 100 MCQs type questions.
- There will be three sections viz. Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning Ability, and English Language.
- Paper will be bilingual i.e. English and Hindi.
- Negative marking is applicable and 0.25 marks will be deducted for the wrong attempt.
- The section wise number of question with max marks are as under:
|Paper Section||Number of Questions||Max Marks|
Main Examination Pattern
- The IBPS PO main exam is also an online entrance test.
- Paper will consist of 200 multiple choice questions.
- Each question will carry one mark.
- The duration of exam will be 2.00 hours.
- The question paper will consist of five sections as Data Analysis & Interpretation, General/Economy/Banking Awareness, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude and English language including Essay writing.
- Paper will be in both English and Hindi language.
- The section wise number of question with max marks are as under:
|Paper Section||Number of Questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|General/Economy/Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Minutes|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 Minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||30 Minutes|
IBPS PO Syllabus 2019
The aspirants are recommended to go through the IBPS PO 2019 syllabus and read complete syllabus very carefully. The IBPS PO exam consists of questions from the subjects like General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, and English. Each subject covers various topics hence applicants have to practice hard. It is very important to prepare as per the prescribed syllabus to score good marks in the exam. Candidates can check here some subject wise important topics with regard to IBPS PO Syllabus:
Banking & Financial Awareness, Current Affairs, Static GK, Sports, Famous Author & Books, Famous Events, Computer knowledge such as History of Computer, Fundamentals of Computer, Internet MS Office, Computer Shortcuts, Input-Output devices, etc.
Profit & Loss, Percentage & Averages, Work & Time, Simplification, Mixtures & Allegations, Ratio & Proportion, Time & Distance, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Sequence & Series, Quadratic Equation, Permutation & Combination etc.
Number and Letter Series, Logical Sequence, Patterns, Blood Relations, Problem Based on Shapes, Coding-Decoding, Data Sufficiency, Logical Reasoning, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Puzzles, etc.
Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Fill in the blanks, Sentence Correction, Error Spotting, Jumbled Sentence, Sentence Correction etc.
IBPS PO 2019 Preparation Tips
The aspirants are recommended to make a preparation strategy keeping in mind the examination pattern and syllabus. It is very clear that without having a strategy to crack the exam, no one can qualify the IBPS PO Recruitment Exam. Here you can check some of the crucial information with regard to the IBPS PO Preparation:
- First of all, applicants should be conversant with the selection process of the IBPS PO Exam.
- After that, the candidates must go through the information regarding the Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Interview & Group Discussion.
- Check entire IBPS PO syllabus and read all the information carefully.
- Now make a timetable for your routine study.
- We recommend you to assign sufficient time to each section of the syllabus.
- Go through the previous years questions and solve them to understand the difficulty level of the exam.
- You should prepare short notes based on the importance of subject and topic.
- Purchase some IBPS PO preparation books from the market for better preparation.
- Regular practice is very very important hence, always follow your timetable and keep practice.
- Apart from the routine study, candidates are recommended to take care of the health and stay calm.
- The success has no shortcut hence, everyone must put hard work in preparation.
IBPS PO Admit Card 2019
The admit card will be available on the official website the IBPS. Candidates will be able to download the admit card prior to the examination. There registration number and date of birth will be required for downloading the admit card. After downloading the admit card, candidates should check particulars of the admit card carefully. If candidates found any deficiency in the admit card then report it to the concerned authority without any delay. Take the printout of the admit card and keep it safe till the entire examination process gets over.
IBPS PO Exam Centers
The candidates can check here the tentative list of IBPS PO 2019 exam centres below. However, during submission of the application form, candidates will be provided complete exam centre list from where they can opt centres as per the preference:
|State /UTs||Exam Centres|
Guntur, Chittoor, Chirala, Kadapa, Eluru, Nellore, Kakinada, Ongole, Kurnool, Srikakulam, Vijayawada, Tirupati, Rajahmundry, Vizianagaram, Vishakhapatnam
|Andaman & Nicobar||Port Blair|
|Assam||Guwahati, Dibrugarh, Silchar, Jorhat, Tezpur|
|Bihar||Gaya, Patna, Darbhanga, Arrah, Muzaffarpur, Bhagalpur, Purnea|
|Chhattisgarh||Raipur, Bhilai Nagar, Bilaspur|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Jamnagar, Surat|
|Delhi NCR||New Delhi, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Faridabad, Greater Noida|
|Gandhinagar, Surat, Vadodara, Anand, Rajkot, Ahmedabad, Jamnagar, Himatnagar, Mehsana,|
|Haryana||Faridabad, Gurugram, Kurukshetra, Ambala, Panipat, Hissar, Yamuna Nagar, Karnal,|
|Himachal Pradesh||Kangra, Mandi, Bilaspur, Kullu, Hamirpur, Una, Shimla, Solan|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu, Srinagar, Samba|
|Jharkhand||Ranchi, Dhanbad, Hazaribagh, Jamshedpur, Bokaro Steel City|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Davangere, Dharwad, Belgaum, Gulbarga, Bidar, Hassan, Mandya, Hubli, Mysore, Mangalore, Udupi, Shimoga|
Kochi, Alappuzha, Kollam, Kannur, Kozhikode, Kottayam, Palakkad, Malappuram, Thrichur, Thiruvananthapuram
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Jabalpur, Indore, Gwalior, Ujjain, Sagar, Satna|
Amravati, Chandrapur, Aurangabad, Pune, Jalgaon, Dhule, Latur, Kolhapur, Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Nanded, Solapur, Ratnagiri, Nagpur, Nashik
Bhubaneshwar, Balasore, Cuttack, Berhampur(Ganjam), Dhenkanal, Sambalpur, Rourkela,
Jalandhar, Amritsar, Ludhiana, Bhatinda, Mohali, Patiala, Fategarh Sahib, Pathankot, Sangrur
|Rajasthan||Bikaner, Jaipur, Udaipur, Ajmer, Jodhpur, Alwar, Sikar, Kota|
Coimbatore, Chennai, Nagercoil, Madurai, Erode, Salem, Thiruchirapalli, Tirunelvelli, Thanjavur, Virudhunagar, Vellore
|Telangana||Karimnagar, Warangal, Hyderabad, Khammam|
Lucknow, Aligarh, Agra, Varanasi, Prayagraj, Bareilly, Mathura, Meerut, Gorakhpur, Moradabad, Banda, Ghaziabad, Faizabad, Gonda, Sitapur, Jhansi, Kanpur, Muzaffarnagar, Noida/ Greater Noida
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Roorkee, Haldwani|
|West Bengal||Greater Kolkata, Hooghly, Siliguri, Asansol, Kalyani, Durgapur|
Note: Candidates will be allotted exam centre as per the preferences filled by the candidate in the application form. The admit card will contain the exam detail of the exam centre.
IBPS PO 2019 Result
The result of the written exam will be announced in due course of time after completion of the IBPS PO exam. IBPS PO Result 2019 will be available on the official website and the candidates can download the same. It is important to specify here that the result of the preliminary and main exam will be declared separately. Those who qualify the preliminary exam will be eligible to appear in the main exam. Candidates have to obtain minimum qualifying marks in order to qualify for the further stage of the selection process i.e. Interview round.
IBPS PO 2019 result is likely to announce in the month of October 2019 for the preliminary exam while main exam result is expected to declare in the month of December 2019. Candidate should take the printout of the result and keep it safely for future reference.
Steps to Download the IBPS PO Score Card
- Access official website of the IBPS PO i.e. ibps.in
- Click on the concerned link ‘IBPS PO 2019 Result’
- Enter the Registration Number, Password and Date of Birth to download the result.
- Scorecard will be displayed on the screen, check particulars of the result carefully.
- The scorecard will contain information like marks obtained, max marks, cut off marks etc.
- Download the result or scorecard and take the printout of the same for future reference.
IBPS PO Cut-off Marks 2019
Candidates have to obtain the minimum cut-off score in each stage of the examination. The exam conducting authority decides cut-off marks based on the number of applicants, vacancies and difficulty level of paper etc. Accordingly, the competent authority will prepare the merit list. Selection of the candidates will be made only on the basis of merit. Candidates must prepare hard to achieve maximum marks in each section.
Selection Process & Provisional Allotment
The IBPS PO selection process includes three stages viz. Preliminary Exam, Main Exam and Personal Interview. Those who qualify the Preliminary exam will be invited to appear in the Main exam. Qualified candidates of the main exam, can go ahead for Interview. The competent authority will issue a separate call letter for the interview to every qualified candidate. The call letter for the interview can be downloaded from the official website.
After the conduct of Interview, the competent authority will prepare the final result of the IBPS PO 2019 exam. As per the availability of vacancies in the participating organizations, candidates will get the provisional allotment. However, candidates have to meet the eligibility criteria of the concerned organization also. Candidates original documents will also be verified before the final selection.
IBPS PO 2019: Highlights and Instructions
Here candidates can check the summary of the entire IBPS PO 2019 exam. Check all the information carefully:
- The candidates must apply online on the official website of the IBPS PO within the prescribed time limit.
- Before submitting the application form, you should check the IBPS PO eligibility conditions to ensure the eligibility.
- Candidates are recommended to provide all the correct information in the form and do not conceal any crucial information with regard to eligibility.
- If any candidate found ineligible later at any stage then his/her candidature will be cancelled immediately without any prior notice.
- The scanned images of photograph and signature must be in proper format and specifications.
- Payment of the application fee is a mandatory requirement hence no application form will be entertained without paying the fee.
- If you really want to crack the IBPS PO exam then you must be aware of the IBPS PO syllabus and examination scheme.
- You can check official notification and previous year question papers to know the syllabus and examination pattern.
- Negative marking is applicable hence, candidates should attempt questions blindly. It is better to leave the question if you do not know the solution.
- Candidates have to qualify the preliminary exam, main exam and interview process for final selection.
- Candidates have to carry hall ticket or admit card on the day of exam for appearing in the exam.
- In case of any query, candidates can contact IBPS PO Help Desk for resolving the issue.
Official Website: https://ibps.in/
Stay connected with us for more information on IBPS PO 2019 Recruitment.