IBPS Clerk 2019: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is recruitment body which conducts entrance examination for recruiting eligible and competent banking personnel in various posts including Clerk. IBPS extending its services to nearly all Public Sector Banks, State Bank of India and its associate banks, Reserve Bank of India, SIDBI and NABARD etc. Aspirants in large number appear in this exam every year. All those who are looking career opportunity in the banking sector should apply for IBPS Clerk Recruitment Exam.
IBPS Clerk 2019 notification is likely to be available in the month of August 2019. Interested candidates can apply for this recruitment exam. Candidates must have requisite eligibility to appear in IBPS Clerk exam. Aspirants can check detailed information about IBPS Clerk application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and preparation tips etc. in this article below.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Notification
- The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will publish IBPS Clerk 2019 notification on its official website.
- The registration process is likely to start from the month of August 2019. Interested candidates must apply within the prescribed time limit.
- Aspirants can submit application form till September 2019.
An Overview of the IBPS Clerk 2019
|Name of the Exam||IBPS Clerk 2019|
|Organizing Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Level of the IBPS Clerk exam||National Level|
|No. of Vacancies||Will Update later|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor Degree|
|Age limit criteria||20 Years to 30 Years|
|Mode of Registration||Online|
|Availability of IBPS Clerk 2019 application form||August 2019|
|Closing date of registration||September 2019|
|Exam Mode||Computer Based Test|
|Date of Exam||Prelims-December 2019, Mains-January 2020|
|Duration of the exam||Prelims- 1 Hour, Mains-2.15 Hours|
IBPS Clerk 2019 Important Dates
The notification for IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2019 exam has not been released yet. However, the aspirants can check the IBPS Clerk 2019 tentative examination schedule in the table below. Candidates are recommended to start preparation from now keeping in mind the following schedule:
|Important Events||Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of official notification||August 2019|
|Registration for online application form||September 2019|
|Last date for registration||September 2019|
|Admit card for Prelims||November 2019|
|Preliminary Exam||December 2019|
|Preliminary exam result declaration||December 2019|
|Admit card for Main Exam||December 2019|
|Date of Main Exam||January 2020|
|Main exam result||February 2020|
IBPS Clerk 2019 Application Form
All the aspirants must ensure their eligibility to appear in the IBPS Clerk 2019 exam first then go ahead for submitting an online application form. Candidates should obtain IBPS Clerk 2019 information bulletin and read it completely. Candidates must collect necessary information before applying online. Application form can be submitted through online mode only. Candidates should have a valid and functional e-mail ID and mobile number for registration. Scan your latest passport size photograph, signature in the specified format which will be uploaded with the application form. Everyone must remember, do not wait for the last date to submit the application form.
- The applicants have to pay the registration fee of Rs.600/-.
- Reserved category candidates (SC/ST/PWD/Ex-Servicemen) are relaxed and they need to pay Rs.100/- only as the application fee.
- Candidates Applicant can pay application fee through debit card, credit card, and net banking.
- Allahabad Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Corporation Bank
- Dena Bank
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019
The candidates must meet the eligibility conditions before submitting the IBPS Clerk 2019 application form. Check the following information with regard to IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria 2019:
- The candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal/Bhutan or
- A Tibetan Refugee who came over to India with an intention to settle down here permanently before 1st January 1962 or
- A candidate of Indian origin who has migrated with an intention to settle down here permanently from Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Burma, East African countries of Uganda, Kenya, the United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zambia, Ethiopia, Zaire, and Vietnam.
Note: candidates of other than Indian citizen must submit a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.
II. Age Limit
- The minimum age of the applicants should be at least 20 years and the upper age limit 28 years as on 01.09.2019.
- It meant the candidate must be born within 02.09.1991 to 01.09.1999 (both date inclusive).
- Reserved category candidates will be eligible to seek relaxation subject to submission of the valid certificate. Check the following criteria with regard to age relaxation:
|Candidate’s Category||Age Relaxation|
|SC/ST (Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe)||5 Years|
|OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)||3 Years|
|Person with Disabilities||10 Years|
Actual period of service render in the defence organization + 3 years (8 Years for SC/ST Disabled Ex-Servicemen) subject to the maximum age limit of 50 Years.
|Widows, Divorced women and women legally separated from their husband and not remarried again||9 Years|
|Persons domiciled in the J&K state during the period 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989||5 Years|
|Persons affected by the 1984 riots||5 Years|
|Regular employee of Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (applicable to MP state only)||5 Years|
III. Educational Qualification
- A bachelor degree holder in any stream from a recognized university can apply IPBS Clerk exam.
- The candidates must possess valid mark sheets/Degree Certificate and should produce as and when asked to do so.
- Candidate should be proficient in the official language of the concerned Sate/UT for which candidate wishes to apply.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Exam Pattern
The IBPS Clerk exam is consist of Preliminary Exam and Main Exam. Candidates must prepare according to prescribed exam pattern and syllabus. Check the following information as below:
IBPS Preliminary Exam
|Subject||Number of Questions||Max Marks|
- The exam duration will be 1.00 hours.
- Paper will be held online i.e. computer-based exam.
- Total 100 questions of 100 marks will be there in the question paper.
- All the questions will be multiple choice in nature.
- The language of the question paper will be both i.e. Hindi and English.
- Each question will carry 1 mark and every correct response will be awarded by 1 mark.
- There is a penalty of 0.25 marks for each wrong attempt
IBPS Main Exam
|Subject||Number of Questions||Max Marks|
(with Banking reference)
- The Main exam duration will be 2.15 hours.
- The main exam is also an online entrance test (computer-based test).
- Paper will contain 200 multiple choice questions of 200 marks. Each question will carry 1 mark.
- The question paper will be bilingual except English language section.
- Negative marking is applicable and penalty of -0.25 marks will be imposed on each wrong attempt.
IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2019
The aspirants should collect proper information about IBPS Clerk 2019 exam for preparation of the exam. The information about the syllabus is very-very important for the preparation of the exam. Basically, the IBPS clerk pre-exam consists of questions based on Numerical Ability, Reasoning, and English language. Apart from these subjects, the IBPS Clerk main exam will contain question-based on General Awareness and Computer Knowledge. Candidate should hold a good command on these subjects. Check the following information with regard to IBPS Clerk syllabus 2019:
Number Series, Percentage, Averages, Time & Work, Simplification, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, Ratio, Quadratic Equations, Data Interpretation, Data Sufficiency and Fractions
Puzzle and Arrangements, Inequality, Logical Sequence, Syllogism, Blood Relations, Coding-Decoding, Seating Arrangement, Order and Ranking, Direction Sense
Reading Comprehension, Sentence Improvement, Fill in the Blanks, Jumbled Sentences, Grammar, Active Voice Passive Voice Antonyms, Synonyms, One Word Substitution
Banking and Insurance Awareness, Static Awareness, Financial Awareness, Govt. Schemes and Policies, Current Affairs, History, Political News & Updates, Sports, Famous Personalities, World News, Economics, Indian Constitution
History and Generation of Computers, Introduction to Computer Organization, Computer Languages, Operating System, Basics of DBMS, Internet, Computer Hardware and Input-Output Devices, Computer Software, Computer Memory, Computer Network & Security, MS Office, and Shortcut Keys
IBPS Clerk 2019 Preparation Tips
The aspirants should make a preparation strategy as per the prescribed IBPS Clerk Syllabus and examination scheme. Candidates must know that without having a proper strategy, it would be tough to crack the exam with good score. Hence, candidates can check the following tips which will be helpful to make a preparation strategy:
- The aspirants must be aware of the IBPS Clerk Selections Process.
- Candidates must collect basic information about the Preliminary and Main Exam.
- Check complete IBPS Clerk syllabus & examination pattern and read all the information thoroughly.
- After checking the syllabus, make a proper study time table.
- Candidate should allot sufficient time to every section of the subjects/syllabus.
- Candidates can check previous year questions to know the examination pattern and difficulty level of the exam.
- Solving previous year question paper will be very helpful.
- You are recommended to prepare notes of the important topics and revise them later before the exam.
- You can buy some good IBPS Clerk Preparation Books from the market for better practice.
- Do not skip the routine study as the regular practice is crucial for exam point of view.
- You are required to take care of your health and stay calm.
- One thing you must know that there is no shortcut to qualify the IBPS Clerk Exam hence, practice hard.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Admit Card
- The IBPS will issue admit card to the eligible candidates for appearing in IBPS Clerk 2019 recruitment exam through its official website.
- Candidates can download the same by using registration number and date of birth.
- After downloading the admit card, check the particulars of the admit card carefully.
- If there is any discrepancy or printing error in the admit card, then the candidate should report the same to the concerned authority.
- Take the printout of the admit card and keep it safe for further examination process.
- Must bring admit card on the day of entrance test otherwise, entry in the examination centre would not be possible.
IBPS Clerk 2019 Result
The exam conducting authority will publish IBPS Clerk 2019 result on its official website. Candidates can download their result by providing requisite information in the given field. Those who qualify Preliminary Exam will be able to appear in Main Exam. The authority will declare the final result on the basis of the candidate’s overall performance.
IBPS Clerk Cut-off 2019: Merit List
The IBPS will set cut off marks the year 2019 on the basis of number of applicants, number of vacancies, qualified candidates and difficulty level of exam. Candidates have to achieve cut-off marks for qualifying the entrance test. It is important to mention here that the preliminary exam is qualifying in nature hence, marks of the main exam will be considered for making merit list. Candidates should plan their strategy in a way so that they can score adequate marks in the written test.
Stay connected with us for more information on IBPS Clerk 2019 Recruitment.