GCET 2019 exam dates have been released. The Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Goa is the exam conducting authority for GCET (Goa Common Entrance Test). The GCET is a state level entrance test through which candidates can get admission in engineering courses. DTE, Goa conducts this exam on annual basis at various exam centres throughout the Goa. It is important to mention here that the admissions in medical courses including MBBS, BDS, and AYUSH UG courses will be done on the basis of NEET score. While NATA score will be considered for admission in B. Arch programme. Candidates must ensure eligibility to appear in the entrance test before submitting the application form. It is expected that the GCET 2019 application form will be available in the month of March 2019. Aspirants can check relevant information about GCET 2019 exam such as registration process, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and exam dates etc. here in this article below.
GCET 2019-Latest Update
- GCET 2019 exam dates have been released. The entrance test will be held on 7th & 8th May 2019.
- GCET application form 2019 is likely to release in the month of March 2019. Click here to check application form details.
GCET 2019 Exam Dates
Interested candidates can check GCET exam 2019 official dates in the table below. Candidates are recommended to keep the following date in mind and accordingly start your preparation from today itself. Check the information below:
|Release of official notification||March 2019|
|Online application form and admit card collection||April 2019|
|Last date for submission of application form||April 2019|
|Date of exam||7th May 2019 (Physics & Chemistry) |
8th May 2019 (Mathematics)
|Answer key release date||May 2019|
|Result announcement||May 2019|
|Counselling process will commence from||June 2019|
Note: The registration dates have not been released yet. We will update the registration dates as and when available. Candidates are advised to start preparation according to given schedule.
GCET Eligibility Criteria
Candidate can check the GCET eligibility criteria details hereinbelow. Check all the criteria carefully and then proceed for applying online:
- An Indian citizen can apply.
- Non-resident Indians having the Indian Passport may also apply under NRI quota.
- OCI/PIO card holders will also be considered eligible for applying under NRI Quota.
- There is no specific age limit prescribed for engineering and pharmacy courses.
- However, for other courses, the minimum age should be at least 17 years as on 31st December of the admission year.
- Engineering Courses: The applicants should have completed 10+2 or its equivalent exam from recognized institute/board with Physics, Mathematics and English as a compulsory subject. One additional subject should also be there among Chemistry/ Biotechnology/Biology/ Computer Science. Candidates must obtain minimum 45% marks (40% for reserved category) in the qualifying exam.
- Pharma: Candidates must have qualified 10+2 or any equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and English as the compulsory subject from a recognized board/institute. There should be one additional subject among Mathematics, Biotechnology, Biology and Computer Science. Candidates must score minimum 45% marks (40% marks for reserved category) in the qualifying exam.
- Sc. Nursing: 10+2 or equivalent exam passed with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English subject will be eligible. However, candidates should score minimum 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ST/OBC candidates) in the qualifying exam.
Note: Those who are appearing in the qualifying exam i.e. 10+2, can also apply subject to fulfilment of prescribed conditions. Admission in Medical courses and Architecture programme will be done on the basis of NEET and NATA score respectively.
GCET Application Form 2019: How to Apply
The candidates who are fulfilling the prescribed eligibility criteria should submit the GCET 2019 application form as per the given directions. Interested candidates can check here important instructions with regard to GCET Application form as under:
- The GCET application form 2019 is expected to be released in the month of April 2019.
- Candidates have to obtain the application form from the official website. Download the application form and take the printout of same.
- Fill the application form in own handwriting and ensure each and every entry should be correct.
- Candidates have to submit the application form till last week of April 2019.
- Candidates also need to pay the requisite application fee which is a mandatory requirement.
- It is recommended that the candidates must go through the instructions before filling up the application form.
- Candidates have to enclose all self-attested educational certificate and Demand Draft with the application form.
- Remember application form should be submitted before the last date. No application after the last date will be entertained in any case.
- The candidates have to pay the requisite application fee.
- The application fee for GCET exam 2019 will be Rs.1800/-
- Applicants can pay the fee through Demand Draft drawn in favour of “Director of Technical Education” payable at Panaji.
GCET Exam Pattern 2019
Candidates should check the GCET 2019 exam pattern for a better preparation of the exam. Check the following information regarding the GCET exam pattern:
|Mode of Exam|
|Number of Questions|
|Distribution of questions|
GCET Syllabus 2019
The GCET 2019 syllabus will consist of the 12th standard subject including Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology. Candidates must prepare accordingly and must hold a good command on these subjects. The applicants can check official information bulletin for more details about syllabus and important topics for exam point of view. The candidates are recommended to go through previous year questions papers for having an idea about important topics.
GCET Preparation Tips
- The applicants must know the GCET exam pattern and syllabus of the paper.
- Make a study timetable allotting a significant time to each subject and follow that schedule strictly.
- Previous year question papers can be helpful hence consider this point also.
- Collect good books and model paper for preparation.
- Give more time to the important topics and revise them time to time.
- Always follow a healthy lifestyle to stay healthy and fit.
GCET 2019 Admit Card
The admit card will be issued to every applicant. After submitting the application form A, the concerned authority will provide admit card on the same day. Admit card generally a hall ticket through which you can enter in the exam centre. It contains the information like roll number, the name of the candidate, exam date and exam centre, instructions for exam etc. Candidates must obtain admit card and carry the same on the day of exam for getting the entry in the exam centre.
GCET Result 2019
- The GCET 2019 result will be available online on the official website of the DTE, Goa.
- Candidates can also check the result on notice board of DTE, Goa.
- It is expected that the GCET result 2019 will be declared probably in the month of June 2019.
- The authority will not send the result to any individual. Candidates have to check their result on official website.
- On the basis of marks obtained by the students, a separate merit list will be prepared for each course.
- Candidates can download the merit list from the website.
- Those who qualify the test will have to attend counselling process for further admission process.
GCET Counselling 2019
The GCET 2019 counselling is expected to begin from the month of June 2019. Meritorious candidates must go through the counselling process to finalise the admission in the desired course. The GCET counselling will be held through offline mode. The counselling process will be completed in various rounds and candidates must appear as per the Govt. of India rules and regulations.
Candidates should check notification for GCET counselling on the official website. Candidates must carry the GCET admit card, educational qualification documents, identity proof for appearing in the counselling process. It is very clear that the admission will be made purely on the basis of merit list. Final allotment of seat will be done on the basis of marks scored in the exam, rank in the merit list, the category of the candidate and seat availability etc.
Stay connected with us for more information on GCET 2019 Exam.