GATE Application Form 2020 will be available online from 3rd September 2019. Aspirants must be aware of the schedule of the GATE 2020 exam. To know the information regarding the GATE Exam, it is recommended that candidates should go through official notification. The notification has been released for GATE 2020 exam which can be easily obtained from the official website of the exam conducting authority i.e. IIT, Delhi. The GATE application form 2020 will be available from 3rd September 2019. Eligible candidate should fill the application form online at GOAPS portal well within the prescribed time schedule. The last date for applying online is 24th September 2019. Before proceeding for making an online application, candidates should keep ready all the education certificate for ready reference, scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression etc. Check the following information pertaining to GATE Application Form 2020.
Update: GATE 2020 examination schedule has been released. The registration process will start from 3rd September 2019. This year, the exam will be conducted by IIT, Delhi. Candidates are recommended to apply within the stipulated time frame.
GATE 2020 Exam Dates
The IIT, Delhi which is exam conducting authority for GATE 2020 exam has released the examination schedule through online mode. The official dates have been updated in the table below. Candidates can apply as per the prescribed schedule:
|Exam Events||Dates (Released)|
|GOAPS (GATE Online Application Processing System) activation||3rd September 2019|
|Closing date for submitting the GATE application form||24th September 2019|
|Extending date for applying online||1st October 2019|
|Due date for requesting the change of exam city (an additional fee will be applicable)||15th November 2019|
|Release of GATE Admit Card through online mode||3rd January 2020|
|GATE 2020 Exam Date||1st February, |
2nd February, 8th February &
9th February 2020.
|Announcement of Result||16th March 2020|
How to Apply for GATE 2020?
Candidates who are eligible to appear in the Gate 2020 exam, should go through the following before making the application. Check the details below:
- Candidate need to register online at GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) to make GATE Application.
- Candidates are required to make application via online mode only.
- Keep ready all the important document, scanned photograph, signature and thumb impression at the time of form filling.
- Fill the complete application form with respective details.
- Upload the scanned images including Photograph, Signature and Left hand thumb impression with required specifications.
- Choose three examination centre as per preference.
- Provide details of Photo Identity proof
- Candidate need to pay the requisite application fee which will be non-refundable.
- Make payment of fee using Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit and e-Challan.
- Submit the application form and take printout for future reference.
Document/Information required at the time of form filling at GOAPS
- Personal information like candidate’s name, date of birth, e-mail ID, personal mobile number, parent’s name etc.).
- Complete address for communication including PIN Code, valid e-mail ID and Mobile Number.
- Scanned copy of the supporting document in respect of educational qualification.
- GATE Exam paper, examination cities.
- Scanned colour image of photograph, signature and thumb impression in the specification required.
- Scanned copy of category certificate in pdf format.
- Valid ID proof which you will carry to the exam centre during the exam.
- Net banking/debit card/credit card details for making payment of application fee.
Steps to fill GATE Application Form 2020
Interested candidates need to follow the steps mentioned below to make GATE Application form:
- GATE Registration
- Filling up the application form
- Upload the scanned images/documents
- Payment of application fee
Step 1: GATE Registration
Candidates are required to access GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) portal for GATE registration. Click on ‘Register’ and provide valid email ID, mobile number and GOAPS password. All the correspondence with regard to GATE exam will be made on this email ID/mobile number. Remember, only candidate can register with one e-mail ID. After successful registration, you will get GOAPS Enrollment at your registered e-mail ID. Keep GATE enrollment and GOAPS password safe for login in future.
Step 2: Filling up of Application Form
Now, the candidate need to login at GOAPS portal with Enrollment ID and GOAPS password. Fill the application form and provide all the crucial information such as name, parent name, date of birth, mobile number, academic qualification, correspondence address, GATE paper, preference of examination cities etc. You are advised to be careful while filling up the online application form.
Step 3: Upload the Scanned Images/Documents
- In this stage, candidates are required to upload the scanned documents such as photograph, signature, left hand thumb impression, degree certificate and category certificate (if applicable).
- All the images should be in JPEG format with specification given except degree certificate and category certificate. Degree and category certificate should be in PDF format.
- Images should be coloured with a clear background.
- Save the application form after uploading these documents and before going ahead check entire application form for any errors.
- Make change if any error found otherwise press “Confirm and Final Submit” button.
- Candidate should know that once you submit the application form, you cannot make changes later.
Steps 4: Payment of Application Fee
The fee structure with respect to GATE application form 2019 including mode of payment are as under:
GATE Application Fee 2019
|Male candidate belonging to General/OBC and other category||Rs.1500/-|
|Women candidates, SC/ST/PwD candidates||Rs.750/-|
|Foreign candidates||US dollars 50|
- Application fee is non-refundable in any case.
- Fee can be paid through Online Net Banking, Debit Card, Credit Card and e-Challan. Bank charges may include as per rule.
- Take print out of fee payment receipt and save the application form.
- Submit the application form and take printout of the application form future reference.
Points to be noted
- There is no other way make GATE application form other than online mode.
- Aspirants are recommended to apply online only after verifying the eligibility criteria.
- Candidates seeking relaxation in application fee under reserved category must upload the category certificate.
- Candidate must identify the original GOAPS portal to make application form.
- The authority will not responsible for non-receipt of crucial information such as admit card, exam date, counselling date etc. by a candidate due to non-functional e-mail ID and mobile number.
- Applicants must have to pay the application fee as it is mandatory requirements.
- Application without payment of application fee, will not be entertained.
- Candidate should fill all the details in the GOAPS without any error to avoid rejection of the application.
- Once the application form is submitted, you cannot rectify/modify the errors.
Official Website: http://gate.iitd.ac.in/
Stay connected with us for more information on GATE Application Form 2020.