CDS 2018: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts CDS (Combined Defence Services) examination twice in a year. It is a national level entrance exam for selecting the eligible candidates in Defence Services. The candidates who want to join Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy, can apply online for CDS exam. Candidates have to practice hard to qualify this exam because it is a tough exam to crack. A large number of applicants aspiring to join Indian Defence Services appears in this exam each year.
The notification for CDS-II 2018 exam has been published on the official website of the UPSC on 8th August 2018. Interested applicants can apply for CDS-II exam through online mode at the official website of the UPSC. The relevant information in respect of CDS 2018 exam dates, application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, and syllabus are provided below in this article.
CDS 2018 Notification: Released for CDS-II
- The notification for CDS-II exam has been published on the official website of the UPSC. Aspirants can access online application form from 8th August 2018 onward till 3rd September 2018. Click here to check application form details.
CDS 2018 Exam Dates: Announced
As per the notification of the UPSC, the official dates of the CDS 2018 exam have been given in the table below. Aspirants can check the CDS-II 2018 exam schedule and accordingly prepare for the exam. These crucial dates are as under:
|Official notification will be released on||8th August 2018|
|Submission of online application form will commence from||8th August 2018|
|Last date for receipt of application form||3rd September 2018|
|Admit card will be issued||1st week of November 2018|
|Entrance exam date||18th November 2018|
Quick Overview of the CDS 2018 Exam
Here you can check a complete overview of the CDS 2018 exam in one frame:
|Name of the exam||
Combined Defence Service (CDS) Examination
|Exam conducting authority||Union Public Service Commission|
|Date of CDS (II) 2018 Exam||18th November 2018|
|Mode of application form||Online|
|Registration for online application will commence from||8th August 2018|
|Last date for submission of application form||3rd September 2018|
Rs.200 for each candidate (However, SC/ST/female candidates are exempted to pay the application fee)
|Fee Payment Mode||
Net Banking/ Visa/Master/ Rupay Credit /Debit Card or through cash deposit at SBI branch
|Availability of admit card||One or two weeks prior to the exam|
|Type of question||Multiple choices in nature|
|Carry items like||
Clip Board or Hard Board, Black ballpoint pen for marking answers, admit card, identity card, passport size photograph and wrist watch
|Do not use||
Mobile Phone, Bluetooth, Pagers or any other communication device inside the exam hall
CDS 2018 Eligibility Criteria
We recommend all the candidates, before applying online must check the eligibility conditions carefully. The prescribed eligibility criteria for CDS 2018 exam are:
- Candidate must be a citizen of India or
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal or
- A Tibetan refugee who came here to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle down here permanently or
- An Indian origin person migrated from Burma, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and East African Countries viz. Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Zaire, Malawi, Ethiopia, the United Republic of Tanzania and Vietnam with the intention to settle down here permanently.
- Candidates must submit the certificate of eligibility in case of point No. (ii) to (iv).
Age Limit and Marital Status
- For IMA (Indian Military Academy): Unmarried male candidates who are born between 2nd January 1995 to 1st January 2000 are eligible to apply.
- For INA (Indian Naval Academy): Unmarried male candidates who are born between 2nd January 1995 to 1st January 2000 are eligible.
- Air Force Academy: Candidate’s age must be 20 to 24 years as on 1st January 2019. It means candidate should not be born earlier than 2nd January 1995 and not later than 1st January 1999. Candidates having valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) are relaxed up to 26 years (i.e. born between 2nd January 1993 to 1st January 1999) are eligible to apply. Candidates below 25 years must be unmarried and marriage is not allowed during the training period.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Course for Men): Unmarried male candidates born between 2nd January 1994 to 1st January 2000 are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy (SSC Women Non-technical Course): Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (having possession of divorce document) who have not remarried are eligible to apply. They should have born between 2nd January 1994 and 1st January 2000.
- For Indian Military Academy and Officers’ Training Academy– A degree holder from a recognized university or equivalent will be eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy– A degree holder in Engineering from a recognized university/Institution will be eligible.
- Air Force Academy– Bachelor of Engineering or a degree holder from any recognized university with Physics and Mathematics at intermediate (10+2) level.
- Candidates who are in final semester/year of degree course can also apply provided that they should submit the provisional certificate of the graduation at the time of interview or at the time of commencement of course.
Physical and Mental Standard
Applicant must be physically and mentally sound in respect of the criteria prescribed for Combined Defence Service Examination.
Read Complete Information on CDS Eligibility Criteria 2018
Number of Vacancies Available for CDS 2018
The information regarding the number of vacancies for CDS-II 2018 exam will be updated soon in the table below. Generally, a huge number of applicants appears in CDS exam each year against a limited number of vacancies. Sometimes vacancies are subject to decrease or increase based on the requirement of the organization.
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun, Uttarakhand||Will be updated soon|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||Will be updated soon|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||Will be updated soon|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai, Madras||Will be updated soon|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Women Non-Technical)||Will be updated soon|
Note: The number of vacancies mentioned in the table is tentative and liable to be changed at any stage as per discretion by Services Head Quarters.
CDS 2018 Application Form
All the application should ensure their eligibility as per the criteria mentioned above. The application form will consist of two parts i.e. Part-I and Part-II. Candidates need to go through both parts in order to submit the application form. Check the following information with regard to CDS application form:
- The notification for submission of online application form for both CDS-I and CDS-II 2018 exam will be published on the official website of the UPSC on 8th November 2017 and 8th August 2018 respectively.
- CDS 2018 application form can be submitted via online mode only at the official website.
- Submit only one application, the Commission will not entertain more than one application.
- Candidates have to visit the official website of the UPSC for registration.
- The registration process will consist of two parts i.e. Part-I and Part-II.
- Fill all the details carefully and submit the application form.
To complete the registration process for the CDS 2018 exam, one need to pay the application fee of Rs. 200/-. However, all female candidates and candidate belonging to SC/ST category are exempted from paying the application fee. One can make payment of fee using Net Banking, Debit Card/Credit Card or by cash at SBI Bank.
CDS 2018 Exam Pattern
Candidates must be aware of the scheme of examination because it will help during the entrance test. Preparation in the right way is always helpful. It is very important to stay fit whether it is physically or mentally. Candidate should know the selection process. Check CDS exam pattern below:
Exam Pattern for admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy:
|Subject||Exam duration||Max Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 hours||100|
Exam Pattern for admission to officers’ Training Academy:
|Subject||Exam duration||Max Marks|
|General Knowledge||2 hours||100|
Highlights of the CDS Exam Pattern
- CDS exam will be held in offline mode.
- All the questions will objection type in nature.
- The language of the question paper will be English and Hindi.
- Negative marking is applicable hence, do not attempt questions blindly.
- Answer sheet should be clean and wrinkle-free.
- Answers should be circled properly, improper marking of the circle will not be considered.
CDS Syllabus 2018
The Union Public Service Commission will set the syllabus of CDS 2018 exam. The syllabus will include English, General Knowledge and Elementary Mathematics. Candidates can check official notification for syllabus in detail. Go through the complete syllabus and prepare accordingly.
CDS Admit Card 2018
The Commission will issue the admit card of CDS 2018 examination to the eligible candidates. The admit card will be available at the official website of the UPSC. Candidates have to download the admit card well in time before the commencement of written exam. No hard copy of admit card will be available in any medium. It is mandatory to bring admit card along at the time of examination.
CDS 2018 Answer Key
The answer key of the written exam will be available after completion of the CDS 2018 exam. Candidates can get the answer key from the official website of the UPSC. Applicants can check their answer once they get the answer keys. The answer key is very helpful to presume the result. Accordingly, the applicant can prepare for further stages.
CDS 2018 Result
The result of CDS 2018 exam will be announced according to schedule. The commission will declare the result of written exam first. Those who will qualify the written exam will further need to appear in the SSB/Interview. The recruitment authority will prepare the final result on the basis of score secured in written exam and performance in SSB/Interview. Accordingly, candidates will receive their result at the official website.
CDS Selection Process
Candidates need to qualify the written test of the CDS 2018 exam and must score good marks. Then, the candidates have to face SSB/Interview followed by medical examination. Final selection will depend on candidates’ overall performance throughout the exam. Candidates will also go through the physical and medical test before final selection. At the end of the Interview, the competent authority will also verify the documents of the candidates.
Stay tuned to Careerindiainfo.in for more information on CDS 2018 Exam.