UGC NET 2019 registration has been started from toady i.e. 1st March 2019. The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the UGC NET exam on behalf of the University Grants Commission. Earlier, the CBSE was the regulatory authority for UGC NET exam but from December 2018, the National Testing Agency will conduct the exam for eligibility for Assistant Professor or Junior Research Fellowship and both. The exam is conducted once in a year. The aspirants must fulfil the basic eligibility requirements for appearing in the exam. The award of the eligibility for Assistant Professor or JRF and both depend on the candidate’s performance in the exam.
The interested candidates who want to appear in the upcoming UGC NET 2019 exam must collect information about the exam including the registration process, eligibility, examination pattern, syllabus and important dates etc. The applicants can submit UGC NET 2019 application form through online mode at the official website. Check complete information about UGC NET 2019 exam in this article below.
Latest: The NTA UGC NET 2019 Admit Card will be available from 27th May 2019 as per the NTA Notice date 15.05.2019.
UGC NET 2019 Notification: Released
- UGC NET 2019 notification has been released online on the official website of the NTA.
- The registration process has been started from 1st March 2019 through online mode on the official website of the NTA (National Testing Agency).
- Interested candidates can fill application form till 30th March 2019. Click here to check application form details.
- The candidates are recommended to ensure the eligibility before applying online for UGC NET 2019.
UGC NET 2019: Exam Overview
|Name of Exam||UGC NET (National Eligibility Test)|
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Mode of Exam||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|Eligibility||Master’s degree with at least 55% marks|
|Age Limit||JRF- 30 Years or below
Assistant Professor-No age limit
|Online registration started from||1st March 2019|
|Registration will close on||30th March 2019|
|Date of Exam||20th to 28th June 2019 (Excluding 22nd & 23rd June)|
|Medium of the Exam||Hindi or English|
|Duration of the exam||3 Hours (Paper I- 1 Hour, Paper II- 2 Hours)|
|No. of Questions||150 Questions (Paper I: 50, Paper II: 100)|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions|
UGC NET 2019 Exam Dates
The applicants can check here official dates of the UGC NET 2019 exam in the table below. We recommend the aspirants to apply online within the prescribed schedule:
|Official notification release date||5th February 2019|
|Availability of online application form||1st March 2019|
|Last date for applying online||30th March 2019|
|Admit card issuance date|
|Date of UGC NET Exam||20th to 28th June 2019 (except 22nd & 23rd June)|
|Announcement of the Result||By 9th July 2019|
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria
Aspirants must be aware of the eligibility requirements for appearing in UGC NET exam. Here you can check complete eligibility criteria with regard to NTA UGC NET 2019 exam:
- There is no upper age limit for Assistant Professor.
- In case of Junior Research Fellowship, the upper age limit fixed to 30 years as on 1st January 2019.
- SC/ST/PwD/OBC-NCL/Women candidates can be relaxed upto five years.
- Candidates having research experience and LL.M. degree will also be eligible for 3 years relaxation.
Academic Qualification Criteria
- Qualifying Exam: Any candidate having a Post-graduate degree or equivalent from a recognized university will be eligible to apply. Candidates with Ph.D. are also eligible to apply.
- Minimum Qualifying Marks: Candidates must obtain at least 55% marks aggregate in the qualifying exam. Reserved category candidates need to score 50% only.
- Appearing Candidates: Aspirants those who are appearing in the final semester of the qualifying exam can also apply for UGC NET 2019.
- Relaxation: Ph.D. degree holders are eligible to seek 5% relaxation in aggregate marks. However, such applicants should have completed Master’s degree exam by 19th September 1991.
UGC NET Application Form 2019
The applicants should go through the instructions given below with regard to UGC NET application form 2019:
- First of all, candidates must go through official notification and should obtain official information bulletin.
- Candidates can submit the application form for UGC NET 2019 exam through online mode only.
- The application form is available online from 1st March 2019.
- The last date for submission of application form is 30th April 2019.
- Candidates must provide all the information asked in the application form. Remember, all the particulars filled in the application form should correct and true.
- You need to upload scanned photograph and signature in the prescribed format with given specifications.
- Also, pay the requisite application fee which is a mandatory requirement to the complete the registration.
- No need to send the hard copy of the application form to the NTA office.
- General candidates: Rs.1000/-
- OBC-NCL candidates: Rs.500/-
- SC/ST/PwD candidates: Rs.Rs.250/-
- The candidates can pay the application fee through online mode using net banking, credit/debit card or e-challan.
- The application fee will not be refunded in any case. Hence, you must satisfy yourself before submitting an application form.
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2019
The candidates must be aware of the exam pattern before appearing in the exam. Here are the details about NTA UGC NET exam pattern below:
|Exam Mode||Online Mode. It means the exam is a computer-based test.|
|No. of Papers||There will be two papers in this exam.|
|Medium of the Exam||The test paper will be available in either English or Hindi as per choice filled by the candidate.|
|Duration of Exams||Paper-I: 1.00 hour
Paper-II: 2.00 hours
|Number of Questions||Paper-I: 50 Questions
Paper-II: 100 Questions
|Marking Scheme||Each question will carry two marks and for every correct response, two marks will be awarded.|
|Negative Marking||No, there is no provision of negative marking.|
UGC NET 2019 Syllabus
The information about the syllabus of the UGC NET exam is very-very crucial to know in order to qualify the test. Paper-I of the exam will consist of reasoning ability, general awareness and language skills etc. The papers are designed to check candidates teaching/research aptitude. Candidates can check previous years questions papers to know the syllabus and important topics of the UGC NET exam.
How to Prepare for NTA UGC NET 2019?
The interested candidates who are preparing for UGC NET exam must collect significant information about the exam. It is a national level exam through which candidates can pursue their dream of joining teaching sector job as Junior Assistant and Assistant Professor at the university level. The candidates have to give their 100% efforts to qualify this exam and it will take a proper preparation plan to crack this exam. Here are some of the tips given below which will be helpful, check carefully:
- We recommend everyone to obtain complete information regarding syllabus and exam pattern.
- After the release of the notification, go through the information bulletin and read each and every instruction carefully.
- Candidates can collect previous year questions papers for reference and information.
- Solve the sample paper including previous year questions to know the difficulty level of the questions.
- Candidates should have good command on current affairs and general knowledge.
- Buy some good books which are relevant as per the prescribed syllabus.
- During the exam, time management is one of the important factors which can impact performance deeply hence, candidates should work on time management.
- Candidates are recommended to start preparation so early and try to cover each and every section of the syllabus.
- Be positive and confident during the exam.
UGC NET: FAQs (Most Asked Questions)
Question: When will be UGC NET 2019 exam held?
Answer: UGC NET 2019 exam is scheduled to be held from 20th to 28th June 2019 (except 22nd & 23rd June).
Question: Who will conduct the UGC NET 2019 exam?
Answer: The UGC NET exam will be conducted by National Testing Agency from the year 2019. Earlier the UGC NET exam was conducted by CBSE but now it will be organized by NTA (National Testing Agency).
Question: What is the educational qualification criterion for appearing in UGC NET?
Answer: The applicant must have completed the master’s degree programme from any recognized university/institution can appear in this exam.
Question: What is the age limit for UGC NET 2019?
Answer: The candidate’s age should not exceed 30 years as on 1st January 2019 in case of Junior Research Fellowship. However, there is no age limit prescribed for Assistant Professor.
Question: How can submit UGC NET application form?
Answer: The applicants can apply online on the official website of NTA within the stipulated time frame.
Question: What will be the UGC NET exam mode?
Answer: The UGC NET exam will be held through online mode. It is a computer-based test.
Question: How can I pay the application fee?
Answer: The registration fee can be paid through online mode such as net banking, debit/credit card.
Question: Is there negative marking in UGC NET 2019?
Answer: No, there is no negative marking.
UGC NET Admit Card 2019
- The authority will release UGC NET admit card 2019 on
15th May 201927th May 2019 (revised).
- Candidates can download the admit card from the official website.
- Take a printout of the admit card and keep it safe till the entire examination process gets over.
- Candidates must carry admit card on the day of the exam along with photo identity card.
- Remember without having valid admission card, you will not be allowed to enter the examination hall.
- Admit card will be sent via speed post to any individual.
UGC NET 2019 Answer Keys
The authority after completion of the UGC NET 2019 exam will release Answer Keys on its official website. Candidates can download answer keys for all papers. If candidates find any discrepancy in the answer sheet then they can challenge it through proper channel.
Candidates have to pay Rs.1000/-for each question. The authority after re-checking the objection of the candidates will publish final answer key.
UGC NET 2019 Result
The UGC NET Result 2019 will be declared by 9th July 2019. Candidates can obtain their result online at official portal by entering the application number/roll number and date of birth.
The National Testing Authority will also upload marks obtained by the candidate in the written test on its official website. Candidates should take the printout of the result and keep it safe for future reference.
UGC NET Cut-Off 2019
Candidates have to score cut-off marks for qualifying the exam. Those who score minimum qualifying marks will be considered eligible for Assistant Professor and JRF.
The subject and category wise merit list will be prepared. After the declaration of result, candidates can obtain e-certificate from the UGC. Check minimum qualifying in the table below:
|Category||Cut-Off (Minimum Qualifying Marks)|
NTA UGC NET 2019 Highlights
The candidates can check highlights of the UGC NET 2019 exam herein below. Kindly check following information carefully:
- The National Testing Agency has announced the crucial dates for UGC NET 2019 June exam.
- The registration for UGC NET June 2019 exam can be done from 1st March to 30th March 2019.
- UGC NET 2019 exam will be held on 20, 21, 24, 25, 26, 27 and 28th June 2019.
- Interested candidates must apply within the prescribed time frame and should not wait for last date.
- Registration can be done through online mode only as there is no other way to apply.
- The date of birth entered in the application must be as per the high school certificate.
- After making payment of registration fee, keep receipt of payment done as proof.
- You need to upload the latest images of photograph and signature as per the directions.
- Keep printout of the UGC NET application form for future reference.
- Mobile number and e-mail ID provided by the candidate must be functional till the entire process is completed.
- There will be two papers in the exam and both will consist of multiple choice questions.
- If any candidate found ineligible even after qualifying the exam his/her candidature shall liable to be cancelled.
- Candidates are recommended to fill exam city choice carefully as under no circumstances, request for change of exam city will be entertained.
- The official website of the National Testing Agency is www.ntanet.nic.in. Candidates are recommended to visit this website time to time for latest information.
- There will be no request entertained for change or modification in the particulars of the application form. However, NTA will provide a chance to correct or modify the error in a certain period.
- There is no requirement to send the confirmation page of application form to the NTA. However, candidates should retain the printout of the application form (four copies), fee receipt and photographs (as uploaded with online application form).
- In case of any problem, candidates can contact the competent authority for help.
Official Website: https://www.nta.ac.in/
Stay connected with us for more information on NTA UGC NET Exam 2020.