AIIMS PG 2021: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi conducts AIIMS PG entrance exam for admission in its PG courses like MD, MS MDS, DM and M.Ch. The exam is held twice in a year i.e. in the month of January and July. It is an all India level entrance exam. Interested candidates should apply as per the prescribed schedule. Before submitting the application form, the applicants must go through the official information bulletin. AIIMS PG application form will be available in the month of November 2020 for entrance test to be held in the month of January 2021 session. Similarly, the application form for the July session will be available from February 2021. Aspirants can check here the complete details with respect to the AIIMS PG 2021 application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern and syllabus.
AIIMS PG 2021 Notification
- AIIMS PG Notification 2021 for January 2021 session will be released in the month of November 2020.
- Candidates can fill the AIIMS PG application form 2021 from the last week of November 2020. The registration process is expected to be close in the 3rd week of December 2020.
AIIMS PG 2021 Exam Dates
The candidates can check the tentative schedule of the AIIMS PG 2021 exam in the table below. We will update the actual dates after the release of the official notification:
MD/MS/M.Ch. (6 Years)/DM (6 years)/MDS for January Session
|Online registration will commence from||last week of November 2020|
|Last date for registration||3rd week of December 2020|
|Status update online registration||last week of December 2020|
|Final status and update images||1st week of January 2021|
|Upload Prospectus with Tentative Seat Position||January 2021|
|Final registration for completing the other details||January 2021|
|Admit card availability from||February 2021|
|Exam Date||February 2021|
|Result announcement||March 2021|
|1st round counselling||April 2021|
|2nd round counselling||April 2021|
|Open counselling||May 2021|
AIIMS PG July Session 2021
|Online registration will start from||February 2021|
|Last date for registration||March 2021|
|Admit card will be available from||May 2021|
|Entrance exam for AIIMS PG 2021 July session||May 2021|
|Announcement of Result||May 2021|
|Date of 1st counselling||June 2021|
|Date of 2nd counselling||June 2021|
|Selection process will commence from||July 2021|
The candidates must satisfy the eligibility criteria first then apply for AIIMS PG 2021 application form. The prescribed AIIMS PG eligibility criteria are given below:
- Candidate must be an Indian Citizen.
- He/she should possess an MBBS degree for admission in the MD/MS courses of the AIIMS from the recognized University/Institute under Medical Council of India (MCI).
- For admission in MDS, the candidate must hold BDS degree from recognized University/Institute under Dental Council of India (DCI).
- Candidate must obtain 55% marks aggregate in the qualifying exam however, it is 50% for candidates belonging to reserved category i.e. SC/ST.
- Aspirants must complete the 1-year rotating internship on or before 31st January 2021 as it is a mandatory requirement.
- Those who are applying for July session should complete the internship on or before 30th July 2021.
AIIMS PG Application Form 2021: How to Apply
All the candidates who are looking for admission in PG programmes of AIIMS should fill the online application form for AIIMS PG 2021. The important guidelines to fill the AIIMS PG application form are listed below:
- First of all, access official website and obtain AIIMS PG 2021 information bulletin.
- Application form for both the session can be submitted via online mode only at the official website.
- The AIIMS PG application form will be available online from last week of November 2020 for January session.
- Candidates can apply online till 3rd week of December 2020 on the official website.
- The registration process needs to be done first and then fill the complete form carefully.
- Candidates should provide all the information correctly in the application form.
- Upload the scanned image as per the instructions given in the information booklet.
- Fill your exam city preferences very carefully in the form.
- The applicants have to pay the registration fee in order to complete the application form.
- Submit the application form and do not forget to take one printout for future use.
- Candidate belonging to General/OBC category will have to pay a sum of Rs. 1500/- as application fee.
- SC/ST category candidates will have to pay a sum of Rs.1200/- as application fee.
- OPH category candidates are exempted to pay the application fee.
- Applicants can pay the fee through online modes such as net banking, debit card, and credit card.
AIIMS PG Exam Pattern 2021
The exam pattern for both MD/MS and MDS courses is detailed below.
- Exam Mode: The AIIMS PG exam will be a computer-based test.
- Question Type: The test paper will consist of objective type question having four alternatives.
- Number of Questions: There will be total 200 question in the exam for MD/MS courses and test paper will comprise 90 questions for MDS course.
- Exam Duration: Exam for MD/MS programmes will be allotted 180 minutes and for MDS, there will be total 90 minutes.
- Marking Scheme. Each question will carry 1 mark. For every right answer, 1 mark will be awarded while 1/3rd marks will be deducted as penalty for the wrong answer.
- Syllabus: The syllabus of AIIMS PG exam for MD/MS courses will contain the subjects of qualifying degree i.e. MBBS. Similarly, the exam for MDS will contain the syllabus of BDS degree.
AIIMS PG 2021 Admit Card
- The candidates can obtain AIIMS PG admit card from the official website.
- The admit card is expected to be available one or two weeks prior to the examination date.
- Information in this regard will be published on the official website, candidates must check from time to time.
- Enter registration/roll number and date of birth to obtain the admit card.
- Take the printout of the same and keep it safe for future reference.
AIIMS PG 2021 Result
- The AIIMS PG result 2021 will be declared in due course of time after completion of entrance exam.
- Candidate can check their result on official website.
- Candidates have to provide roll number and date of birth to download the result from the website.
- Take the printout of the result and keep it safe for further admission process.
- The competent authority will prepare a merit list on the basis of candidates’ written exam performance.
- Eligible candidates will further need to through counselling process for getting admission.
AIIMS PG Cut-off Marks
The competent authority will set the cut off mark for selecting the students. The cut of marks will depend on the number of seats available in the respective course, the number of students appeared in the exam and the difficulty level of the exam etc. Accordingly, the competent authority will prepare the merit list. Those who secure their name in the merit list will be called further to appear in AIIMS PG 2021 counselling.
AIIMS PG 2021 Counselling
On the basis of shortlisting done as per the merit list, the successful candidates will be invited to attend the counselling process. The AIIMS PG Counselling 2021 will be completed in three stages. It is mandatory to go through counselling process for admission in the respective course.
Final admission will be based on the overall performance of the candidate during the exam. The counselling will be held through online mode. In this regard, the competent authority will publish notification for the complete counselling schedule on the official website. The original documents of the candidates will also be verified during counselling.
Document to be verified
- Call letter for counselling
- AIIMS PG Rank Card
- AIIMS PG Admit Card 2021
- MBBS/BDS mark sheet and degree certificate
- Internship completion certificate
- 10th passed certificate as proof of date of birth.
Stay connected with us for more information on AIIMS PG Entrance Exam 2021.